Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

Warhammer Community link here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/12/what-is-the-psychic-awakening/ (You'll need to scroll to the bottom).

Most interestingly, the image shows only Firstborn Wolves. Not a Primaris in sight... :huh.:

It is probably an artistic choice not to include primaris. GW generally doesn't mix them in diorama photos like this. The size difference is uncomfortable. Also our PA and TDA packs have a lot of detail whereas primaris stuff is bland. All that kit in there makes the SW look good!

I thinks it's an older picture from before primaris, not a new picture. I swear I have seen that picture before.

I'm not so sure, most Geedubs art featuring Space Wolves are exclusively Ragnar Blackmanes Company. This is one of the very few times I've seen studio art featuring Wolf Guard of Logan Grimnars Great Company.

Could be wrong, but I think its new studio art, and if so, perhaps theres some meaning to the Great Company over Ragnars?

I only see Ragnar's black wolf on yellow on the troops

Haven't spotted anything else. They did a good job hiding the company markings

NVM I see one wolf dancing on the stars now

Interesting...do we make wild speculation that Ragnar has become the new great wolf?

Edited by TiguriusX

The image is old, like old old. Don't read anything from the image

gallery_81692_12227_53823.jpeg

This is how some of you look. :D

But seriously, PA events are in the past lore it was meant to fill in gaps. We know Ragnar isn't being Great Wolf, because Logan is still alive after PA6. In fact I don't think Ragnar has even been mentioned in the present lore novels. We know Njal, Logan, Ulrik, Lukas, and Arjac are still firstborn in the novels

Where does it state that psychic awakening is merely filling gaps in the past? When reading the description of both the first entry for Psychic Awakening and the newest entry "What is Psychic Awakening?" on Warhammer Community is is described as a current event. Lexicanum's description is the same - "Psychic Awakening is a monumental event that will shape Warhammer 40,000 forever"

There isn't anything I could find that states the the events are taking place in the past, all these events are considered to be the next chapter for the galaxy after Vigilus Ablaze. So by all rights, if you wanted to wildly speculate Ragnar succeeding Logan, theres a possibility (rather small and I don't think it will be the case) that it could happen.

Edited by Watcher

Oh sure GW, make a Primaris Ragnar just as I get my conversion worked out in my head...

Would be cool if it turns out to be true, but still wait 'n seeing on this one - things have been mysteriously delisted before, only to come back a few days later, etc.