Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

Not the thread for this current line of discussion, let’s keep on topic. My mod and Dad hats are in agreement here, “Life’s not fair”.

To steer a better direction, areally cool idea came up in the N&R thread that would allow us to have our cake and eat it too.

In case anyone missed it:

I wonder if the SW will fight Orks, but not the goffa and Ghaz but another Warband. That way both SW get their "win" while Ghaz goes uncontested and whoever the SW hero (character) doesn't get "krumped".

This makes a lot of sense. In the map it shows a bunch of places all over the galaxy where there was a Beast sighting. Could be wolves just chasing down a bunch lieutenants and killing them thinking they finally got the beast. Could also be Ghaz teleporting around and the Wolves chasing his trail.

Would totally allow us to not get wailed on (again) but also give Orks their time in the sun.

Ive had to fight my ork friends wazzdakka lists in the past so much I wouldn’t mind those kickings become canon. :lol:

I suspect most of the pa series is laying the ground work for big campaigns. Startide, armegeddon, etc.

I have no idea what to expect out of pa6. :/

Return of Russ >.>

Love how you call for us to be reasonable and temper our expectations, just on the page before, and now say this ^^

+++++++++++++++++++++

One thing is for certain:

We will get new rules, in some form or another.

Let's just hope they are good enough to be viable enough and useful spice things up - while not being overpowered else they'll be nerfed/FAQed into the ground.

Anything else we expect is far too much.

PA6 would be far too small for something grand - like Logan to die, Ragnar to become the Young King, Russ to return, Bulveye to return, etc. - to happen.

There's not enough room in the book to portray that really well.

I really hope the PA books are just teasers or set-ups for bigger, more elaborated campaigns.

And to be honest, I'd rather like us to take a step back and let the Orks have the central spotlight, so Ghaz (in his "new" role as Beast-like Leader of all Orks) can get some proper development - on the few lore pages the PA has to offer.

We would want the same for Ragnar's Rise or Russ' Return (a lot of Rrrrrrrr in those, btw.).

It would be a bad experience, even for us SW fans on the opposing side, if this book can't portray Ghaz as an even bigger danger than he used to be.

And yea, sure... Ragnar needs an update, as one of the oldest character models.

But to be honest Krom or Haldor or the Dark Imperium Lieutenant or other Primaris together with parts from both our Upgrade Sprues can be easily made into a kitbashed

Upsized/Primaris Ragnar.

Ragnar was not updated with Warzone Fenris either, we can wait a little longer for that.

I'd rather that comes with a 'big' chapter-specific release wave and a more SW-dedicated Campaign Book (= bigger book, more room for story and lore, aided by a novel release, whatever) later on.

What i'd like to see, would be a character/kit like Master Lazarus.

Something we can make a new named Primaris Wolf Lord with a fixed load-out out of, but also 'our own' Wolf Lord/WGBL. (= Also more kitbashing opportunities!)

It would also probably tempt us to buy more than just one ;D

Anyway...

We'll see, brothers and sisters, we'll see soon enough.

And whatever comes next, we'll make the best out of it.

That Looks like

5 infiltrators/incursors

5 helblasters

5 intercessors

3 aggressors

Thoughts.

It's most likely not a box set, just showing a wide range of primaris as wolves.

5% tinfoil hat.

If it were a boxset that's exactly what I would suspect would be in it for wolves

I also can’t help but notice that the Space Wolves have those Orks exactly where they want them. No matter which way they shoot they’re going to hit something.

Though i cant help but laugh at the Sgt. who's pointing in the opposite direction to the deff dread directly behind him...

Edited by PeteySödes

I suspect most of the pa series is laying the ground work for big campaigns. Startide, armegeddon, etc.

I have no idea what to expect out of pa6. :/

Return of Russ >.>
Love how you call for us to be reasonable and temper our expectations, just on the page before, and now say this ^^

++++++++++++++++++++.

It was a joke hence ">.>", but I do legit think that PA6 is leading up to the Russ. This is a new storyline we haven't seen before, that we don't know the end result. Other PAs we know the end result was as PA were filling in the past. However SW vs Orks is new, we don't know what is going on with it. The only information we have about Orks is Logan dismissing them in Ashes. Now however we see they are a serious threat Edited by Jarl Caldersson

Does PA take place before or after Ashes of Prospero? Is ashes even considered canon?

Soft cannon as Triszin said and is in the future I believe. SW have fully embraced Primaris and I *think* it mentions Guilliman beating back Mortarion, which puts it current timeline.

Any modern SW novel not written by Chris Wraight (or ADB) is hearsay bordering on heresy

Robbie MacNieven's Curse of the Wulfen Stories were mighty fine - especially for a BL-beginner, back then.

If Ashes happened after PA then there’s zero chance the theory of Ragnar becoming the great wolf is possible. Which is good because Grimnar > Ragnar. It does leave it open for Ragnar to become primaris at some point before Ashes because I don’t think he’s mentioned in that story.

PA6 probably won’t feature a new model for us. No smoke = no fire. Let’s hope we get awesome rules so our beloved mods don’t have to start freezing our threads lol.

While I hold out some modicum of hope for a SW vs. Orks box down the line again, it's entirely possible that someone saw only the left corner of the Rise of the Orks box (Toy Fair reveal today) and thought it was a SW vs. Orks campaign style box, especially since the supposed bikes and heavy Speeder pixelated image is in Ultramarines and Blood Angels colors. Don't think anyone should get their hopes up about a box like that now.

Wouldn't be the first time a rumor was based on a misunderstanding of what someone was looking at or got altered due to a lack of context or the "telephone" game where words change down the line.

Any modern SW novel not written by Chris Wraight (or ADB) is hearsay bordering on heresy

Robbie MacNieven's Curse of the Wulfen Stories were mighty fine - especially for a BL-beginner, back then.

His was the better of the 2, but the normally awesome David Annandale's one was really bad. Good start though. Bit of an aside but preview chapter of Lukas the Trickster put me right off it though so I might be an SW novel snob

Weird cannon issue but those books were planned product tie ins IIRC but Wulfen were said to be armed with relic giant axes and SWORDS. Gallowglas Wulfen wouldve or would be so cool

Apologies if Im being way too off topic but were the William King books the first fleshed out Wulfen lore?

If Ashes happened after PA then there’s zero chance the theory of Ragnar becoming the great wolf is possible. Which is good because Grimnar > Ragnar. It does leave it open for Ragnar to become primaris at some point before Ashes because I don’t think he’s mentioned in that story.

This has been said multiple times yet people seem to ignore that fact of information for their idea of Ragnar to be the Great Wolf. Ragnar becoming the Great Wolf is ancient lore, and while still possible, with primarchs coming back a more likely and bigger selling possibility is Russ returning to his mantle.