Next Primarch to return

TorvaldTheMild

Screw the primarchs I want Big E back. He can then go crusading and find the lost primarchs.

Also, this whole Lion and Gman thing I think is way overblown. The imperium is barely being held together, despite all the memes the Lion is loyal. He is also a strategic genius, I think a) he can work out Gman needed to take the reigns to keep the imperium together and :cool.: trying to rock the boat whilst the imperium is fighting for its life is foolish.

And also their last interactions in the Heresy are them working together despite their differences. This idea that the Lion hated Gulli is all a bit ridiculous and not really in keeping with the lore. He was wary of Gulliman's empire but that's it. And Gulli was wary of Lion's secrecy. 

Anyway, if I'd like the Lion, but would be happy with Russ (as I have a small wolf force). 

Edited by Hantheman

The only Primarchs think that have chance that GW will bring back for the loyalist are Dorn, the Lion and Russ. I'm happy either way. I would be guttered if they brought back Sanguinious or Ferrus, because they are "dead". The only Primarchs I wouldn't be disappointed in bring back from the dead are the traitors because of their connection to the Chaos Gods.

What do you have against Vulkan, Corax and Khan?

Gilly just needs to launch a Crusade to find his brothers. Sure, he’s kind of busy right now with the massive chaos push, necrons waking up, and a massive bug problem, but if he really wants to live up to his dad he’d find a way. Has he even looked into it?

PS: yeah, it’ll most likely be the Lion or Russ but i’d much rather Vulcan or Dorn. Nothing against Corax or Khan.

I almost hope it's none of them.

Guilliman has returned and it's obvious he's struggling. This is perfect in the themes of 40k. If any of his brothers return they'd almost have to fabricate some animosity to make it believable and I for one don't really want thag.

However if any of them DO come back I think it'd be best to give them the exaggerated 40k treatment. Russ should be a Wolfman because of over exposure to the warp and the Canis helix. Sanguinor becomes a greater daemon of Sanguinius. Corax is little more than a being of pure shadow and vengeance both in form and demeanor.

Almost similar to how the ruinous powers have shaped the traitor Primarch's, I'd love to see what 10,000 years of time has done to the loyalists.

Before anyone says G man hasn't changed, he's literally on life support and has had his world view shattered.

Actually, it's confirmed that Gman doesn't need his armor anymore.  He goes without it all the time now.

Gilly just needs to launch a Crusade to find his brothers. Sure, he’s kind of busy right now with the massive chaos push, necrons waking up, and a massive bug problem, but if he really wants to live up to his dad he’d find a way. Has he even looked into it?

PS: yeah, it’ll most likely be the Lion or Russ but i’d much rather Vulcan or Dorn. Nothing against Corax or Khan.

I wonder if that is what fleet septimus is for as that was the only fleet that was part of the indomitus crusade that didnt have a specified destination and was instead kept secret. Could be sent to find the lost primarchs

I think Guilliman assumes they are all dead. We know that several are alive or at least have the possibility of returning but as far as the rest of the Imperium is concerned, the Primarchs have been myths for millennia.

I wonder if that is what fleet septimus is for as that was the only fleet that was part of the indomitus crusade that didnt have a specified destination and was instead kept secret. Could be sent to find the lost primarchs

Possibly but where would they have gone? Guilliman doesn't have the out-of-universe info that we do. He didn't go searching for Corax or the Lion when they disappeared just after the Heresy and that was when the trail was fresh. Granted he had other stuff on his plate but if he really thought there was a chance of his missing brothers being alive, he would probably have searched for them at the time.

Russ, Corax and the Khan all disappeared into places where time and space get seriously wibbly-wobbly. Sending a big fleet in there to search for them would likely be a fool's errand. Ironically, sending a bunch of Inquisitors to try and track them down would probably be a less expensive way of finding them. He has every reason to believe Dorn and the Lion are dead. Whether he knows about Vulkan is unclear.

Edited by Karhedron

I would believe that finding out where they might have gone to or where their lifes has ended is part of his reinstituing of Remembrancers and Historians to collect a complete history of the Imperium.

During those efforts he will surely look through any Databank entries mentioning their names, the word Primarch or a bunch of other possible tags.

That way he will learn of the War of the Beast, for example.

I almost hope it's none of them.

Guilliman has returned and it's obvious he's struggling. This is perfect in the themes of 40k. If any of his brothers return they'd almost have to fabricate some animosity to make it believable and I for one don't really want thag.

However if any of them DO come back I think it'd be best to give them the exaggerated 40k treatment. Russ should be a Wolfman because of over exposure to the warp and the Canis helix. Sanguinor becomes a greater daemon of Sanguinius. Corax is little more than a being of pure shadow and vengeance both in form and demeanor.

Almost similar to how the ruinous powers have shaped the traitor Primarch's, I'd love to see what 10,000 years of time has done to the loyalists.

Before anyone says G man hasn't changed, he's literally on life support and has had his world view shattered.

Actually, it's confirmed that Gman doesn't need his armor anymore.  He goes without it all the time now.

Well the only thing that's confirmed is that he can move around for a while without the armour. However iirc he said that he still needs to wear it regularly for some time because the poison still hasn't completely left his body and keeps crawling back if he walks around outside of it. Maybe in future he won't need it at all anymore but for now he still relies on it to some degree.

Whether he knows about Vulkan is unclear.

As of Unremembered Empire he was well aware of Vulkan's immortality. He hasn't said anything in a book to my knowledge, but he probably figures Vulkan is alive somewhere.

Corax won't be found. If he returns it will be because he wanted to. If Corax doesn't want to be found, he won't be.

You've got to wonder what these disappeard loyalist primarchs have been up to. Corax has apparently been terrorizing them for years but for all of that, he hasn't claimed any big name scalps over the millennia. It would be a bit of an awkward conversation with g-man if he does turn up. "So, did you thwart Abaddons plans, brother?" "Nope, but lots of the minions are super duper scared of me"

You've got to wonder what these disappeard loyalist primarchs have been up to. Corax has apparently been terrorizing them for years but for all of that, he hasn't claimed any big name scalps over the millennia. It would be a bit of an awkward conversation with g-man if he does turn up. "So, did you thwart Abaddons plans, brother?" "Nope, but lots of the minions are super duper scared of me"

Well, the big scalps didn't show themselves a lot until recently. Lorgar was "meditating", Perturabo rarely left Medrengard, same with Mortarion on the Plague Planet and Magnus on Sortiarius, Fulgrim has been on his pleasure planet until around the time of the Gathering Storm and not even the Emperor's Children could find him, and Angron, the most active of them all, was and still is on Warp-detention for a while.

Edited by DeadFingers

I'm not necessarily talking about primarchs alone, though. There are plenty of traitor marines who have survived the millennia relatively intact who might have been sorted had a loyalist primarchs been interested. Ahriman, Fabius, Kor Pharon, Erebus, etc (love the suggestions on autocorrect for some of those names). Feels a bit like Corax was more Interested in getting a sweet minesweeper score than actually thwarting their ambissions.

I do feel more should return at this point, as it has been over two years since RG. Gaps this big do keep them feeling like special occasions as well.

The next one should be a loyalist too, and honestly there are easy ways of explaining their absense. Even Russ might only have been away for a few months, because of the way time is relative in the Warp - although I'm hoping that he has indeed been gone for a long time and is a changed character from his 30k self. I've seen people mention "Odin Russ" as a wise and aged figure, and I could get behind that.

Lion is the other obvious choice, followed by Dorn and Vulkan.

I think another one is bound to return. They've split the galaxy up in two, which I think literally sets it up for Imperium Nihilus to rally around another returned Primarch. I think that the writing is pretty much already on the wall for that one. I also think I've said as much before.

As to who, anyone but Ferrus or Sanguinius. Would've included Dorn too, but I think the 'hand only found'-retcon is pretty old by now and well entrenched.

I don't think they will have a Primarch return just to rule Imperium Nihilus. Otherwise it would make no sense to elevate Dante as regent of Imperium Nihilus in the first place. It also wouldn't really help lighten Guillimans burden as he's currently mostly focussing on the terra side of the imperium anyway.

Certainly, but I think it's a well founded one. I also don't think I'm alone in thinking he or any other chapter master doesn't have any business running anything other than their chapters. :mellow.:

But I also suspect our respective opinions on this are off topic.

The return of a few more Primarchs on the loyalist side are inevitable still, if we disregard all of that. Hasn't Primarch's being alive hinting been ramped up recently? Or things like Lion disappearing from the rock. Hints dropped that the whereabouts of some of them are known to some individuals, etc etc.

I think its pretty much a given too if we look at it from an out of universe perspective too. GW's been bringing some deamon oens back which was always fair game, but then they brought back RG which really broke the ice.

I think that some of the 'unbelievable upcoming model releases' for the Psychic awakening, is the entirely believeable return of the next loyalist primarch.

Edited by Reinhard

The return of a few more Primarchs on the loyalist side are inevitable still, if we disregard all of that. Hasn't Primarch's being alive hinting been ramped up recently? Or things like Lion disappearing from the rock. Hints dropped that the whereabouts of some of them are known to some individuals, etc etc.

Afaik the two major hints have been:

- For the Lion, the Fallen breaking Luther out of the Rock and the Lion being fully healed.

- For Russ, the reappearance of the 13th Company and the Rune Priests saying the Wolf Time is at hand.

Nothing for Vulkan, Khan or Dorn that I know of. Corax gets an honourable mention for his appearance post-Heresy in Shadows of the Past, which pretty much implies that if the Traitor Primarchs, particularly Lorgar, leave the Warp, he'll follow.

Including Traitor Primarchs for the sake of completion, even though their returns are much easier to set up:

- Fulgrim: Actively leading the Emperor's Children, although we don't know when, how or why he left his pleasure planet, as Gathering Storm states he was active before Guilliman's return.

- Angron: Trying to be summoned back to realspace on Armageddon. Assumed he can't leave the Warp until that happens.

- Lorgar: Has stopped meditating and is actively leading the Word Bearers once more.

- Perturabo: Pretty much the same as Lorgar.

Edited by DeadFingers

Unless, Corax is the reason that Abaddons crusades are why they weren’t 5 times bigger than they were.

"Brother, if you've been in the Warp, killing and rampaging through the traitor legions, how is it you allowed Abaddon's crusades to happen?"

"I can only do so much Guilliman. Just be glad I kept them from being much, much larger. That and while I'm a Primarch, he has a lot of bodies."

But yeah. I'm definitely thinking the most likely one to come back is Russ or Lion. Possibly Corax because he's the only one with a canon Post-Heresy appearance in recent times.

From Njal Stormcaller’s visions in Ashes of Prospero I think the Lion followed by Khan.

I believe by other passages from that book that Russ will be last. Vulcan I also believe will be second to last. Both of them have a “prescribed” return. Vulcans artifacts need to be found, Russ will come when the Imperium is on its last legs. I do believe that the Grim Dark will be getting way worse.

From the Devastation of Ba’al I believe that the Sanguinor is a shard of Sanguinius’ soul. The Relic feather, with 40k hocus pocus handwavium, could be united with the Sanguinor to bring Sanguinius back.

Edited by CCE1981

"Oh, my scalp collection? You know Daemon Primarchs come back, right? Here, I've got 200 Lorgar scalps, 14 Perturabo (damn cybernetics...), and I've just got to get a red Fulgrim scalp then I've got every colour!"

Time works strangely in the Warp. Maybe from his point of view, Shadows of the Past only happened yesterday while from Lorgar's it has been 9000 years. Also Corax is just one person. Even someone as powerful as he seems to be can only be in one place at a time and he didn't take any troops with him. The Primarchs were (supposed to be) leaders as well as killing machines. If Corax has gone solo, he is not using a significant portion of his capabilities while most of the traitor Primarchs still command significant factions of their respective Legions.