Next Primarch to return

TorvaldTheMild

It's corax.

Pyskic awakening is during the indomitus crusade.

The only loyalist that could be back and people wouldn't know is corax.

If Russ came back, odds are people would know, except for his legion ships being spotted all-over the Galaxy and dipping out before contact.

Russ and his heresy legion saved some mechanics at the fall of cadia

Russ was seen at the fall of cadia? where can I read that?

Ablurb about ancient space wolf ships. Nothing about Russ specifically. That left and didn't respond to hails

Hey thanks Sete and Riku. I can’t take much credit, I’m pretty sure I’m a conspiracy junkie. I just connect Dots, both real and imagined... mostly imagined. For me, 40k is at its best when everything is a lie. Every, single, thing. I like my grimdark... well really grim and really dark.

Man I’m on to Dorn. That maniacle bastard is all over Imperial History. Who do you think engineered the War of the Beast? Why don’t you think he showed up then? Because he wanted what happened to happen. He killed his own Chapter to spurn action to a peace riddled and lazy Imperium. He guided the rise of the Church. He engineered the Apostasy to further that agenda. Who do you think murdered the Crimson Fists? Who do you think targeted the Celestial Lions? Who do you think really won the Badab War? The Black Apostle Rogal Dorn. He’s been playing the Long War the whole time.

Guilliman - risked his life on a gamble to take out Fulgrim because hey, Dorn was on Terra still.

Russ - could disappear because Dorn was on Terra still.

Corax - Could run off to the eye of Terror in shame and vengeance because hey, Dorn was still on Terra.

Lion - could go to sleep and be hidden because, well, Dorns got it.

Vulkan - went coo coo for Cocoa Puffs, thank heavens Dorns got Terra still.

Khan - could run into the Web way because hey, Dorn is still fortifying Terra.

They didn’t see it. Dorn snapped out of it, he’s back to normal. If anyone can hold it together he can. They couldn’t see the truth. They thought they were leaving the keys to Harvey Dent... they didn’t realize that Harvey died on Terra when he discovered his Brother and Father dead and dying. Two Face had a big Lorgar sized whole in his heart. I mean really... Rogal Dorn comes out and says “dad came to me in a vision (while I was self flagellating myself in failure) and says I should accept your codex” and his Brothers just accept it? This from the guy who never backed down from anything? Fools!

So Dorn waits till all his brothers are splitsville and says “How can I ensure that the Imperium sticks together and police itself while I go fight in the shadows against the serpents there?” Ding, I’m gonna shove a light bulb up the Emperors ass and call him God. Good luck mankind, see you in 10,000 years...

Then comes Guilliman. That pretentious twerp full of honor this and courage that. Spewing reason and logic in a time when mankind needs zeal and hate! Now Dorn has to come back into the light. “Hold it there bucko, dads a God because we need a billion martyrs who don’t know any better to win this thing, now hold my beer, I got some pissed off Templar’s that need to get back to actually attacking the darkness while you build libraries and making Baal not suck to live on”.

Yes it’s crazy. No, I don’t believe Guilliman is bad at all lol. You know what I don’t want... Russ comes back and rawr, good job Girlyman, I’m gonna hunt Magnus again... and again... and frak me again riding a werewolf sled.

I sure hope not Sete. On the 2 year thing. I’m just so bored with the state of the setting. I love Guilliman. But I’m just so ready for someone to disagree with him on an equal level.

It’s why I’m hoping it’s a religious Dorn who embraces the traditional empire over Guillimans reformist, hopeful ideology.

I want a Primarch that cares enough about the Imperium as a singular entity to say “no Guilliman, Baal does not need changed from its current state. For 10,000 years that irradiated wasteland of a world has produced child super killers who are so thirsty for blood that they will charge that pagan god/alien/demon thing that sacrifices children and wipes it’s ass with toilet paper made from the flayed skin of a thousand slaves, rip it’s head off and crap down it’s neck... in the grand scheme of things, Baal is ok for now.”

We don’t need another Primarch from a bygone age. We don’t need another Captain America or Superman. We need Batman now. We need someone who embraces what the Imperium is. All these other Primarchs are going to be men out of time scenarios. Dorn is in the unique position of being able to have “been there the whole time” condoning the necessary evil. And I would be ok if he were a little mad... and I don’t mean angry. The Lion can’t do that. Neither can Khan, or Corax or Vulkan or Russ. They have been awol in the warp/webway/asleep or insane. We need a voice that embraced the insanity of it all. It’s got to be Dorn.

They don’t have to go to war. They don’t have to fist fight or swing purses. But they can disagree on the direction man needs to go. I’ll play the hypothetical war. I just need the backdrop.

All my opinion mind you. It’s obvious that GW is hesitant to actually kill anybody in a setting of Only War. So like WWE, reveals gotta hit hard, because nothing else is really changing unfortunately.

I dont mind Guilliman returning make no mistake, but the last 2 years have overwhelming been Guilliman everywhere doing everything.

Small galaxy syndrome.

Now it seems things are diversifying a bit, so that's a plus on my book.

Good point. Hope Games Workshop corrects this.

I don’t know... Ferrus always gets super angry and loses his head at parties...

I kid, I kid. I think a pissed off resurrected Ferrus would be great. I really do. But for me, he’s in Sanguinius territory. Which the official Latin designation is dead/dead. Dorn is just dead/maybe. Completely different category.

I kid, I kid. I think a pissed off resurrected Ferrus would be great. I really do. But for me, he’s in Sanguinius territory. Which the official Latin designation is dead/dead. Dorn is just dead/maybe. Completely different category.

The thing is it wouldn't be a resurrection, but an apparition. It's the difference between bringing someone back from the dead, and bringing the dead back. It already happened in Master of Mankind, Ferrus coming back as a Warp ghost to fight for the Emperor once more, so it happening again is within the realm of possibility, specially with the Emperor seemingly becoming more and more of a Warp entity as time passes.

The Legion of the Damned as a manifestation of the Emperor's power within the Warp with the ghost of Ferrus Manus as the "Greater Daemon" of the Emperor leading them would both be a very interesting narrative development, as it'd massively boost the zealously religious part of the Imperium and screw with Guilliman's balance of power, and bring back the LotD with a range of properly ghostly models, which would be more than welcome. All without compromising the weight and gravitas of Ferrus' death as he'd still be very much six feet under with a missing skull.

But apart from that, I was thinking that Russ returning could potentially bring a big shakeup not only to the lore and Guilliman's Imperium, but to the Wolves' range if, and that's a massive if, he comes along with the 13th Company. I know it's a hell of a stretch, and that GW's very unlikely to bring anything that isn't Primaris to the Marine table, but wouldn't it be an interesting contrast? Guilliman and the Primaris, and Russ and the veterans of the Heresy? Sure, the Lion or Dorn would be interesting "rivals" to Guilliman, specially interesting if Black Templar Dorn were true, but none of the loyal disappeared Primarchs brought an entire Company with them when they disappeared, except Russ.

I know some 13th Company Wulfen appeared during Wrath of Magnus, and that Bulveye and some remnants already appeared on Prospero and were brought back by Njal, but there have been no tangible consequences to the latter. Not on the lore, not on the table. I say that when they bring back Russ, have the 13th Company stand beside him.

Edited by DeadFingers

Just remember, we're all assuming that "Legion of the Damned Ferrus" was actually that, when the book only shows a wave of psychic fire, which has figures forming and vanishing within the flames. It could have just purely been the Emperors "wrath" given psychic form and taking the physical appearance of those he has lost during the Heresy. It wasn't necessarily "Ferrus coming back" but just "wave of psychic anger and obliteration that had a tongue of not-flame look like him".

I sure hope not Sete. On the 2 year thing. I’m just so bored with the state of the setting. I love Guilliman. But I’m just so ready for someone to disagree with him on an equal level.

It’s why I’m hoping it’s a religious Dorn who embraces the traditional empire over Guillimans reformist, hopeful ideology.

I want a Primarch that cares enough about the Imperium as a singular entity to say “no Guilliman, Baal does not need changed from its current state. For 10,000 years that irradiated wasteland of a world has produced child super killers who are so thirsty for blood that they will charge that pagan god/alien/demon thing that sacrifices children and wipes it’s ass with toilet paper made from the flayed skin of a thousand slaves, rip it’s head off and crap down it’s neck... in the grand scheme of things, Baal is ok for now.”

We don’t need another Primarch from a bygone age. We don’t need another Captain America or Superman. We need Batman now. We need someone who embraces what the Imperium is. All these other Primarchs are going to be men out of time scenarios. Dorn is in the unique position of being able to have “been there the whole time” condoning the necessary evil. And I would be ok if he were a little mad... and I don’t mean angry. The Lion can’t do that. Neither can Khan, or Corax or Vulkan or Russ. They have been awol in the warp/webway/asleep or insane. We need a voice that embraced the insanity of it all. It’s got to be Dorn.

They don’t have to go to war. They don’t have to fist fight or swing purses. But they can disagree on the direction man needs to go. I’ll play the hypothetical war. I just need the backdrop.

All my opinion mind you. It’s obvious that GW is hesitant to actually kill anybody in a setting of Only War. So like WWE, reveals gotta hit hard, because nothing else is really changing unfortunately.

If Dorn came back having drank the imperial koolaid I reckon Roboute would have a talk and bring him around again.

The thing is it wouldn't be a resurrection, but an apparition. It's the difference between bringing someone back from the dead, and bringing the dead back. It already happened in Master of Mankind, Ferrus coming back as a Warp ghost to fight for the Emperor once more, so it happening again is within the realm of possibility, specially with the Emperor seemingly becoming more and more of a Warp entity as time passes.

The Legion of the Damned as a manifestation of the Emperor's power within the Warp with the ghost of Ferrus Manus as the "Greater Daemon" of the Emperor leading them would both be a very interesting narrative development, as it'd massively boost the zealously religious part of the Imperium and screw with Guilliman's balance of power, and bring back the LotD with a range of properly ghostly models, which would be more than welcome. All without compromising the weight and gravitas of Ferrus' death as he'd still be very much six feet under with a missing skull.

But apart from that, I was thinking that Russ returning could potentially bring a big shakeup not only to the lore and Guilliman's Imperium, but to the Wolves' range if, and that's a massive if, he comes along with the 13th Company. I know it's a hell of a stretch, and that GW's very unlikely to bring anything that isn't Primaris to the Marine table, but wouldn't it be an interesting contrast? Guilliman and the Primaris, and Russ and the veterans of the Heresy? Sure, the Lion or Dorn would be interesting "rivals" to Guilliman, specially interesting if Black Templar Dorn were true, but none of the loyal disappeared Primarchs brought an entire Company with them when they disappeared, except Russ.

I know some 13th Company Wulfen appeared during Wrath of Magnus, and that Bulveye and some remnants already appeared on Prospero and were brought back by Njal, but there have been no tangible consequences to the latter. Not on the lore, not on the table. I say that when they bring back Russ, have the 13th Company stand beside him.

I have no doubt that Russ would be a epic return. And I’m all about the 13th Company returning as well. As long as they look more like the older art heh... But realistically, or at least as realistically as you can get in this narrative, how open and transparent can mutated Space Wolves be in relation to the greater Imperium? Would that not be damning? Legitimate question, if Russ is werewolf Russ, how does he take a serious leadership role? I ask, I’m not that up on Space Wolf lore. My impression of Russ is as a warlord. I see him as a wild card, not as a legitimate director of a vast galactic empire. That could be my ignorant bias for sure. Would love to discuss it.

I feel, that a true foil to Guilliman must be someone who can match him on the greater Imperial stage. The only candidates for that, in my opinion, is Dorn, Sanguinius and Ferrus. And two of those are dead. (I’m open to Ferrus’ return, if done right, but I’m talking machine and tech oriented). I’m just not sold on the Lion either. And honestly, I think it’s more of his poor showing in the Heresy series. I just never walked away from any novel where he featured with the Impression he was anything other than a paranoid warlord as well. Not to say his return would not be epic as well. Of course it would be. I so want to see an overt Fallen vs Unforgiven War in Imperium Nihilus that it’s killing me! I want to read about the Lion conflicting with Dante in that realm. It’s the perfect location for the Fallen War. It’s cut off, the worlds can hardly communicate and every day the light gets dimmer. Hell, my DIY is there and I want to justify in lore why they are shooting my sons Dark Angels so bad!!! “I thought they were the bad guys too”. Ugh!

Ok, Just my 2 cents, but this is what I would like - Just stating my personal favorite FOR each primarch, not saying that any of these are even plausible XD

Lion: Wakes up and gets a cool hooded swordsman model

Dorn: Somehow comes back, with some sort of replacement hand, I'm thinking either a Stone hand or a Power Fist, then joins either Templars or Fists

Corax: Returns from the warp and gets a model with a sweet jump pack

Vulkan: Salamanders finally find all of the relics and get a Vulkan model with a hammer or, personal hope her, a PRIMARCH SIZED HEAVY FLAMER

Ferrus Mannus: Returns at the head of a new Legion of the Damned release, clad in their armor, perhaps with a Flaming Skull as a reference to the beheading

Russ: Don't know enough about what he's doing, but I would dig a Odin-esque grim version of him over the much-speculated Wulfen-Russ

Khan: RETURNS FROM THE WEBWAY! With a SWEET BIKE! (Hopefully)

Finally, Sanguinius. I'm personally hoping against hope for some sort of revival, with a new One-winged angel theme. Scarred by his battle with Horus, maybe. Disclaimer: I know that many, MANY Blood Angels fans would DESPISE this, and it's just my personal wishes. Yes, I know it would dislodge a lot of lore, I own the Codex, but I know it's the least realistic. Alternatively, and still hopefully, the Sanguinor turns out to be some sort of Psychic Representation of Sanguinius' soul, essentially the Greater Daemon of Sanguinius. Perhaps they buff his rules and give him an epic new model and roll out a new codex. Again, just wishlisting.

Preferably with a Templar model update, a few new special units, rules for Kill Team, and a BLACK TEMPLARS CODEX plz.

Right with you.

I'm finishing off the last five models in a fighting company of Primaris Templars presently. I've have been crossing my fingers, hoping, praying for a Templar model update - I love the old sculpts, but proper, modern Primaris Sword Brethren would be incredible.

Lion: Wakes up and gets a cool hooded swordsman model

Now that you mention it, the Lion could be one of the Primarchs with most options for his head. Majestic flowing mane, sinister hood, and Lion helm. Those little alternate options for such important models are always welcome.

Ferrus Mannus: Returns at the head of a new Legion of the Damned release

I don't think Ferrus is able to be at the head of anything anymore, even if he's leading. :tongue.:

Corax already had a pretty sweet jump pack when he left, which would still be the same if he were to come back. What would be interesting about his potential return is his warp-shadow form.

Edited by DeadFingers

Actually, the more I thinka bout it, the more I want Templar Dorn. Preferably with a Templar model update, a few new special units, rules for Kill Team, and a BLACK TEMPLARS CODEX plz. I am a BIG fan of the Ecclesiarchy.

Why Black templars and not all sons of Dorn in a last wall crusade?

Edited by Argonte

Corax already had a pretty sweet jump pack when he left, which would still be the same if he were to come back. What would be interesting about his potential return is his warp-shadow form.

Agreed. I would like to see something like a flock of crows coalescing into his physical form. Probably hard to pull off but would look really cool of done well.