Iron Hands nerf?

tychobi

He doubles successful saves made against anything ap-3 shooting at a unit with a 3+, just as a basic example. Against Ap-4 weapons he increases durability of units by 33%. If he's using that to boost 3 Repulsors you're basically getting an extra Repulsor worth of durability against anti tank/high AP weapons.

If you actually break down just how much more durable he made certain units it's very substantial. If it's not a big deal people wouldn't care.

It is a big deal, but not 250 pts worth of big deal. Especially if you take away the ability to work on units with the flyer battlefield role. 

Edited by Ahzek451

The SoCal open is coming up, and that will be a pretty good indicator of how Astartes perform, including the Iron Hands. I'm expecting them to do well. Of course it is an ITC event which is favourable to flyers but lots of games will be played. Edited by Ishagu

Iron hands will be a tough competitor for sure. I will be more interested to see how imperial fists measure up with iron hands. The sallies will likely get a nerfing, specifically for the selfless sacrifce strat, but they could also be nasty if people figure out a reliable delivery system and if the strat stays the same.I  think both will be heavy hitters. The flyer spam list for the iron hands will be a matter of who gets first turn. All three might be roughly equal in firepower. The fists tho.....extra damage on heavy weapons..helloooooo heavy bolters and autocannons. Holy cripes man.

The hands might not be so bad once these last 2 suppiments come out. 

Edited by Ahzek451