New Mephiston/Psychic awakening p3

Neuralshock

I'm hoping we'll get *one* special litany, however that could be covered off by Astorath's Mass of Doom I suppose?

I think we'll get Doctrines and a special bonus in assault as people have reported. It makes sense. What that will be I have no idea as base Doctrines give us -1AP and White Scars already have +1D as theirs.

Shock assault gives us an extra attack already so it's totally up in the air! They may give us fall back and charge. While WS already get it, it would be really cool, or maybe something to prevent enemies falling back (I can dream!)

Someone also mentioned a buff to wound for pistols, but imo that's really lame and not thematic.

Or it could be we always fight first during the assault doctrine to represent the red thirst taking hold and making us faster than other astartes. Wouldn't that be something? Lol.

Urgh please not. Always fight first is a terrible rule the way 40k works this edition since you don't really fight first most of the time (or you would fight first anyway since you were charging).

I'm hoping we'll get *one* special litany, however that could be covered off by Astorath's Mass of Doom I suppose?

I think we'll get Doctrines and a special bonus in assault as people have reported. It makes sense. What that will be I have no idea as base Doctrines give us -1AP and White Scars already have +1D as theirs.

Shock assault gives us an extra attack already so it's totally up in the air! They may give us fall back and charge. While WS already get it, it would be really cool, or maybe something to prevent enemies falling back (I can dream!)

Someone also mentioned a buff to wound for pistols, but imo that's really lame and not thematic.

Or it could be we always fight first during the assault doctrine to represent the red thirst taking hold and making us faster than other astartes. Wouldn't that be something? Lol.
Yeah but AFF is a garbage rule because it almost never happens since there's so many exceptions for it. I'd much rather enemy units trying to fall back are prevented from doing so on 3+, 2+ for DC Edited by Neuralshock

Urgh please not. Always fight first is a terrible rule the way 40k works this edition since you don't really fight first most of the time (or you would fight first anyway since you were charging).

That was the point.

Yeah but AFF is a garbage rule because it almost never happens since there's so many exceptions for it. I'd much rather enemy units trying to fall back are prevented from doing so on 3+, 2+ for DC

Also a big bonus for our special pistols!

So, about your Doctrines....

Blood of Baal Chapter Focus: The Blood Angels

224cf832.jpg

Blood of Baal focuses on the titanic clashes between the Space Marines of the Blood Angels Chapter and Tyranids from Hive Fleet Leviathan. The book contains a host of new rules for both forces and today we

Edited by Gederas

TIMEOUT

STOP THE PRESSES

...am I reading this wrong, or does Savage Echoes replace Red Thirst, thus meaning Blood Angels are no longer +1 To Wound in melee??!?!?!?!? (that's a Flesh Tearers thing now?)

Be still my heart, please tell me I'm interpreting that wrong.

Oh my gods. 

This looks awesome. Still can't decide between BA and FT though. I'll have to see what doctrine rules FT get.

Death company are getting 6A each on the charge with assault doctrine. That's insane. Even 5A with the flesh tearer rule, which is basically the old rending rule (apart from the auto wound) will be great.

I'll pick up this book for sure. Unless we get a leak about a BA codex 8.5 soon after. 

TIMEOUT

STOP THE PRESSES

...am I reading this wrong, or does Savage Echoes replace Red Thirst, thus meaning Blood Angels are no longer +1 To Wound in melee??!?!?!?!? (that's a Flesh Tearers thing now?)

The flesh tearer rule says that their chapter tactic replaces the BA red thirst one, so I assume they still get it. 

Oh my gods. 

This looks awesome. Still can't decide between BA and FT though. I'll have to see what doctrine rules FT get.

Death company are getting 6A each on the charge with assault doctrine. That's insane. Even 5A with the flesh tearer rule, which is basically the old rending rule (apart from the auto wound) will be great.

I'll pick up this book for sure. Unless we get a leak about a BA codex 8.5 soon after. 

TIMEOUT

STOP THE PRESSES

The flesh tearer rule says that their chapter tactic replaces the BA red thirst one, so I assume they still get it. 

Yea I'm trying to figure out if BA get Red Thirst + Savage Echoes or if Savage Echoes replaces Red Thirst. If it's the former, than does that mean Flesh Tearers get Savage Echoes as well since that's the "super tactic" for mono-faction BA+ Successors?

So.

Savage echoes - cool I guess. Its arguably better than white scars +1 damage for lower attack models but not as good for models with a lot of attacks.

Invocation is kinda neat

Death company intercessors - feels pretty rubbish and clearly is instead of intercessor veterans. Which sucks. I'd have much rather had veterans. Intercessor veterans always on +1 attack and the ld bonus was good. The 6+++ will come into play so infrequently that it doesnt justify the +1 attack not being "always on".

Flesh tearers fury within is straight up better than red thirst. So hopefully red thirst itself has been updated too, otherwise that just sucks. Probably wasnt though :/

Yeah, Red Thirst is still there. Savage echoes is what we get in addition to the Assault Doctrine.

The Flesh Tearers trait "Fury Within" is cool, but with no word on an updated BA trait, I feel like our non-dreadnought vehicles are resigned to sitting out this edition. A real shame, as over-charged engines are as much a part of BA as jump packs, to me.

Sticking 5 DC Intercessors (Sergeant with a Thunder Hammer) and a Chaplain in a Repulsor (4++) could be interesting. Though I guess as soon as they disembark they will be a high priority target.

Why? Veteran intercessors dont tend to be. And death company ones are actually worse except for on the first round.

Edited by Blindhamster

They didn't say Red Thirst was updated, but they also didn't say it wasn't and didn't show the rule itself in the article. So I'm still holding out hope that there will be a bonus to it. Reasonable since Flesh Tearers have something added. I'm still hoping it's an upgrade that effects vehicles. Make Flesh Tearers the infantry heavy army while Blood Angels rely more on vehicles. 

Overall I think I'm happy with what we've gotten so far. Not sure if Death Company Intercessors will be a separate data sheet or use a stratagem upgrade, but I'm assuming stratagem. Still holding out hope for the Veteran Intercessor strat, too. 

I'm wondering if we will still use the old codex with this or if it will be treated more like a supplement to the C:SM, having something in it that says use X, Y, and Z from Codex Space Marines. 

They didn't say Red Thirst was updated, but they also didn't say it wasn't and didn't show the rule itself in the article. So I'm still holding out hope that there will be a bonus to it. Reasonable since Flesh Tearers have something added. I'm still hoping it's an upgrade that effects vehicles. Make Flesh Tearers the infantry heavy army while Blood Angels rely more on vehicles.

Overall I think I'm happy with what we've gotten so far. Not sure if Death Company Intercessors will be a separate data sheet or use a stratagem upgrade, but I'm assuming stratagem. Still holding out hope for the Veteran Intercessor strat, too.

I'm wondering if we will still use the old codex with this or if it will be treated more like a supplement to the C:SM, having something in it that says use X, Y, and Z from Codex Space Marines.

We wont get the veteran intercessors strat as it would have been called out in the rapid fire rule surely?

Sticking 5 DC Intercessors (Sergeant with a Thunder Hammer) and a Chaplain in a Repulsor (4++) could be interesting. Though I guess as soon as they disembark they will be a high priority target.

Why? Veteran intercessors dont tend to be. And death company ones are actually worse except for on the first round.

It's a psychological thing, especially if they are painted up as DC Intercessors. They will be more noticeable and just saying they are Death Company Intercessors will make a lot of people fear them more than Veterans, even if they're really not much more deadly. 

We wont get the veteran intercessors strat as it would have been called out in the rapid fire rule surely?

You may be right. I'll take a look at the new Space Marine codex later and see what the wording of it is. 

I'm gonna hold onto hope until I know it's not in there though. The Sons of Sanguinius must always hold onto hope. 

Regarding Savage Echoes, I won't complain about more attacks for free, but I don't think it's what we needed. I was hoping for a bit more utility or survivability. The dreadnought relic is neat, but I've never used a ranged power other than smite from my Lib Dread. The wording makes me think smite won't be increased, as it's not a Sanguinary power. The re-roll is great though. I think vanilla Marines can now buy additional relics at 1cp per, right? Rather than 1 for 1 and 2 for 3? Hopefully we get that change as well otherwise it'll likely be out of my CP budget regularly.

E: spelling

Edited by Hintzy

So.

Savage echoes - cool I guess. Its arguably better than white scars +1 damage for lower attack models but not as good for models with a lot of attacks.

Invocation is kinda neat

Death company intercessors - feels pretty rubbish and clearly is instead of intercessor veterans. Which sucks. I'd have much rather had veterans. Intercessor veterans always on +1 attack and the ld bonus was good. The 6+++ will come into play so infrequently that it doesnt justify the +1 attack not being "always on".

Flesh tearers fury within is straight up better than red thirst. So hopefully red thirst itself has been updated too, otherwise that just sucks. Probably wasnt though :/

Pretty much how I feel.

A lot of "meh"

If Death Company Intercessors are a unit datasheet you don't have to pay CP to get, there's some hope there. Even if not, if there's more Strategems or character buffs that somehow affect <Death Company> or <Black Rage> models, than there could be some hidden advantages there as well. Otherwise, pound-for-pound, Death Company Intercessors are objectively worse than Veteran Intercessors since DC can't be affected by the Standard of Sacrifice. 

Hopefully there is a added line item to Red Thirst or another ability to gives us the two-fer "Chapter Tactic" that other chapters have thus so far received.

As a refresher for myself and any others, the short version on Combat Doctrines:

Turn 1

Devastator Doctrine:  +1 AP to Heavy and Grenade weapons. Pretty obvious on opening things up. Special Note to Intercessor grenade launchers now having 30" S6 AP-2 profile

Turn 2

Tactical Doctrine: +1AP to Rapid Fire and Assault weapons. Intercessors at AP-2 not bad at all and anything with Storm Bolters (Rhino's w/ dual SB's, looking at you) are now brutal.

Turn 3

Assault Doctrine: +1AP to Melee and Pistol weapons.  BA angle: Hand Flamers now D6 S3 AP-1, Inferno pistols AP-5 (better to nuke Land Raiders nobody takes, I guess), and DC with 6A* each on the charge are now AP-1....if they actually survive that long.

Hidden Content

From  1d4chan:  https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marines(8E)#Special_Rules

"

• "These nifty rules will make your marines more efficient killers, but their rotation makes them predictable - devastate -> advance -> assault. Savvy opponents may try to break LoS to force movement penalties on your heavy weapons, rush for melee while you're still under the ranged doctrines, then fall back when you're finally under the assault one, scale buildings, etc. As such, don't be predictable yourself. Remember, you don't need to switch doctrines on the same turn they become available: surprise drop pod a target turn one or advance your infantry under cover of Devastation while your enemy remains confined to their hiding spots turn 3, what have you. The doctrines are as follows:
  1. On Turn 1, your army will always start with the Devastator Doctrine turned on, giving all your Heavy and Grenade weapons the extra -1 AP so that you can soften entrenched infantry and cripple enemy vehicles from afar in preparation for your advance. Remember the first points of AP are the most important ones: AP-2 Heavy Bolters and Assault Cannons are more noticeable than AP-4 Lascannons. Do keep in mind the plethora of sniper rifles and Heavy Flamers (Incendium/Inferno/Flamestorm cannons) are Heavy Weapons too. The boost to Grenades matters only to Intercessors for the most part.
  2. On any turn thereafter, you can switch to Tactical Doctrine, shifting the boost to your Rapid Fire and Assault weapons. Be it to close the distance to the enemy or because your vehicles are about to give their last, this mostly passes the ranged baton to your infantry. And a bolt rifle going from AP-1 to AP-2 is more noticeable than a lascannon going from AP-3 to AP-4. Storm bolters and plasma guns work wonders here. 
  3. On any turn after that (i.e. turn 3 minimum), you can shift to Assault Doctrine, giving the extra AP to your Pistol and Melee attacks. Don't. Forget. Your. Pistol. The first point of AP is the most important one - chainsword/CCWs benefit the most, while AP-4 on a sword can become excessive."

Strategems that C:SM get (I don't think we'll get all of these by any means, but useful to know what we may be getting:

Hidden Content

Again, from 1d4chan: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marines(8E)#Stratagems

• "Adaptive Strategy (1 CP): Used at the start of the battleround, if there are any CHARACTERs from your army on the battlefield you can immediately change the combat doctrine to the previous one.
  • Armour of Contempt (1 CP): When one of your VEHICLEs takes a mortal wound, for the rest of the phase, you get a 5+ to ignore mortal wounds, and can use it on the one you just took. Doesn't work on regular wounds.
  • Auspex Scan (2 CP): When an enemy unit comes in from reserves within 12" of one of your INFANTRY units, your unit can shoot at it but with a -1BS penalty. It might pay off to keep Devastators/Hellblasters around, as deepstriking Termies can survive hurried bolter fire, and this "emergency" strat can be an unforeseen expense for your relatively-small army.
  • Big Guns Never Tire (1 CP): Select a VEHICLE; until the end of the phase, that unit does not suffer the penalty for moving and firing heavy weapons.
  • Cluster Mines (1 CP): Use when a Scout Bike squad falls back. On a 2+, one unit you fell back from takes D3 mortal wounds.
    • Best in an Ultramarines or White Scars list, where you can fall back, pop it and reengage. The reactive version of the proactive Incursor's mines.
  • Duty Eternal (1 CP): When a DREADNOUGHT is chosen as the target for an attack, until the end of the phase, it takes half the damage inflicted, rounding up. This Stratagem decreases damage by 50% for D2, 33% for D3 and D1d3 (average 2 becomes average 1.33), and about 43% for D1d6 (average 3.5 becomes average 2). This is considerably more useful on larger dreadnoughts than it is with vanilla dreads, especially those from Forge World.
    • Amazing when combined with the iron stone relic for iron hands, your leviathan will be halving all damage and then subtracting one from it, on top of a 2+, 4++ and 6+++ or (even 5+++) with embrace the machine. 
  • Only in Death Does Duty End (2 CP): When one of your CHARACTERs dies, it can shoot or fight again. Doesn't combo with the Banner abilities on Ancients. Makes your characters too dangerous to deal with in melee, as not even killing them prevents them from hitting back, and most of them have melee boosts on top of being already good fighters. Overcharge their plasma pistol if they were killed at range.
  • Skilled Riders (2 CP): The return of 7th edition jink rules. Use on a BIKER or LAND SPEEDER unit. If they move, they gain a 4+ invulnerable save. If they advanced, they gain a 3+ invulnerable save.
  • Suppression Fire (2 CP): Use in your shooting phase. A Whirlwind or Thunderfire Cannon that did not move may fire a second time, but it can only shoot with weapons that can target units out of sight of the firer. So basically, their main weapon; nothing says it can ONLY fire at targets out of sight.
  • Tactical Flexibility (1 CP): At the start of your movement phase, pick any number of 10 model unit with the Combat Squads rule and split them into two 5 model units as if they had been deployed as two Combat Squads. You probably should have split your squads before the battle, but on the other hand it could be used to unexpectedly divide a squad in mid-battle to let it take two objectives at once. Still, calling it situational would be an understatement.
  • Tremor Shells (1 CP): At the start of your shooting phase, when a Thunderfire cannon shoots, subtract 1 from the wound rolls, but as long as it hits, the target unit gets half move, advance, and charge distances their next turn. Doesn't affect FLY or TITANIC units.
    • This is all it takes to clog up a large horde army. OR, more importantly, drastically reduce the chances that they get off a charge, in cases when they choose to use Da Jump or other such gimmicks.
    • The effect is worded to last for the whole shooting phase so use the new Suppression Fire stratagem and slowdown a second unit in the same phase!
  • Veteran Intercessors (1/2 CP): AKA that specialist detachment stratagem from Vigilus part one. +1 attack, +1 leadership to a unit of INTERCESSORS. Costs 1 for a 5 man unit, and 2 for a unit of 6 or more.
    • Compared to the Indomitus Crusaders version of these stratagems, they're more expensive but they don't need to pay entry CP, which does matter when spammed (20 Vets cost 3CP vs 4CP), and their bolt-variant strats aren't restricted to Veterans. Until GW retcons that formation away, of course.
  • Wisdom of the Ancients (1 CP): At the start of any phase, pick a Dreadnought to turn into a 1-phase Captain. Any same Chapter units within 6" can reroll hits of 1 that phase, including itself.
  • Chapter Champion (1CP): One use only. Upgrades a non-named Company Champion into a Chapter Champion, granting +1 to Attacks and Leadership. Enemies attacking them in melee must take -1 to hit, making non-HQs attempting to hit him with Fists a pipe dream
  • Chapter Master (2 CP): Use before the start of the game to turn your Captain into a Chapter Master, boosting his aura to reroll all hits (fails and successes) instead of the only 1s. You can't use this twice, nor use it on a named captain, or if you already have a named Chapter Master from the same Chapter.
    • A named Chapter Master costs about +50pts more than your would-be generic CM and brings along a special rule, a relic of some sort, and +1W. Ask yourself if 2 CP is worth 25pts each plus the loss of the special characteristics. Of course, not an argument for those without named Chapter Masters.
    • Chief Apothecary (1CP): One use only. Non-named Apothecary may be upgraded and heals or resurrects twice, even if the first res fails, and the second can target the same unit as the first, whether or not it healed or ressed.
    • Chief Librarian (1CP): One use only. A non-named Librarian is upgraded to a Chief Librarian. Knows one more power and one more Deny.
    • Hero of the Chapter (1 CP): Select a CHARACTER from your army that's not your warlord and determine a warlord trait for it.
    • Master of Sanctity (1 CP): One use only. A non-named Chaplain is upgraded to a Master of Sanctity, which grants him one more Litany of Battle and the ability to use two Litanies at once. He also gains access to exclusive Relics and Warlord Traits. 
    • Master of the Forge (1CP): One use only. Upgrades a non-named Techmarine who isn't attached to a Thunderfire Cannon to a Master of the Forge. Like Iron Father Feirros, you always restore 3 wounds to a vehicle.
    • Relics of the Chapter (1 CP): Use before the start of the battle. You can have a second Chapter Relic for 1 CP. You can't take two of the same relic, and all the Relics have to go to different Characters. No longer limited to a one-use strategem due to the sheer amount of relics.
    •  
  • Chapter Champion (1CP): One use only. Upgrades a non-named Company Champion into a Chapter Champion, granting +1 to Attacks and Leadership. Enemies attacking them in melee must take -1 to hit, making non-HQs attempting to hit him with Fists a pipe dream.
  • Chapter Master (2 CP): Use before the start of the game to turn your Captain into a Chapter Master, boosting his aura to reroll all hits (fails and successes) instead of the only 1s. You can't use this twice, nor use it on a named captain, or if you already have a named Chapter Master from the same Chapter.
    • A named Chapter Master costs about +50pts more than your would-be generic CM and brings along a special rule, a relic of some sort, and +1W. Ask yourself if 2 CP is worth 25pts each plus the loss of the special characteristics. Of course, not an argument for those without named Chapter Masters.
  • Chief Apothecary (1CP): One use only. Non-named Apothecary may be upgraded and heals or resurrects twice, even if the first res fails, and the second can target the same unit as the first, whether or not it healed or ressed.
  • Chief Librarian (1CP): One use only. A non-named Librarian is upgraded to a Chief Librarian. Knows one more power and one more Deny.
  • Hero of the Chapter (1 CP): Select a CHARACTER from your army that's not your warlord and determine a warlord trait for it.
  • Master of Sanctity (1 CP): One use only. A non-named Chaplain is upgraded to a Master of Sanctity, which grants him one more Litany of Battle and the ability to use two Litanies at once. He also gains access to exclusive Relics and Warlord Traits. 
  • Master of the Forge (1CP): One use only. Upgrades a non-named Techmarine who isn't attached to a Thunderfire Cannon to a Master of the Forge. Like Iron Father Feirros, you always restore 3 wounds to a vehicle.
  • Relics of the Chapter (1 CP): Use before the start of the battle. You can have a second Chapter Relic for 1 CP. You can't take two of the same relic, and all the Relics have to go to different Characters. No longer limited to a one-use strategem due to the sheer amount of relics."

Litanies from C:SM

Hidden Content

You know the drill now, 1d4chan:  https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marines(8E)#Litanies_of_Battle

• "Litany of Hate: Default prayer, 6" aura of re-rolling all melee hit rolls (not just misses) for your chapter.
  1. Litany of Faith: 6" aura of FnP 5+++ vs mortal wounds for friendly <CHAPTER> units. Not cumulative with other rules, as per usual (but stated regardless).
    • Extra protection vs witchery. Will help with whatever goes through the Librarian. Also makes your plasma vehicles more durable when firing plasma, and your company vets more durable when bodyguarding. A 2/3 chance of a 1/3 chance to ignore damage is equal to 2/9, so this is slightly (4/3) better than a 6+++ FnP, with the caveat that it only works on Mortal Wounds.
  2. Catechism of Fire: Select a friendly <CHAPTER> unit within 6". +1 to the wound roll when "resolving a shooting attack" against the closest enemy unit, meaning it affects Overwatch, too. 
    • Nasty with flamer Vets/Aggressors - generally better the less the gun relies on S or range to get work done. "Of Fire", get it? Deepstrike/transport them next to a chaplain who was already on the field.
    • Combine with Masterful Marksmanship (and careful target selection) to let your Sternguard wound MEQ on a 2+. It also lets sniper rifles proc Mortal Wounds on 5+ to wound, but only when targeting the nearest foe.
  3. Exhortation of Rage: Select a friendly <CHAPTER> unit within 6". Their unmodified 6s to hit in melee generate another attack with that weapon, which cannot proc extra attacks itself. Good when you already have a Captain/CM/second Chaplain giving you a re-roll and their aura would overlap with the Chaplain's.
    • If you're already betting on exploding 6s, use it alongside Death to the Traitors or even Gene-wrought Might.
  4. Mantra of Strength: He'll show you how it's done. +1A +1S to the Chaplain, and +1D to his melee weapons. D3 Crozius!
    • Smash Chaplain: Combine it with the 'Benediction of Fury' relic crozius (WS2+ S7 AP-2 D4) to kill characters, or a Master-crafted Power Fist for (S+1)X2 = WS3+ S10 AP-3 D2+1d3 (which is basically a better S10 D4 avg Thunder Hammer, which chaplains can't usually equip) to kill heavy infantry and bigger targets, like vehicles. To this you may add Warlord traits, stratagems, doctrines, and psychic powers as you can afford and be bothered with.
  5. Recitation of Focus: Select a friendly chapter unit within 6". +1 to their hit rolls when shooting. Even during overwatch, meaning you should answer enemy charges with supercharges. Safe plasma!
    • If you don't have a special interaction with getting +1 to hit, this generally makes your Chaplain a worse Captain: a 2/3 chance to improve BS3+ to BS2+ is mathematically identical to (and will stack with) re-rolling 1 to hit, but this Litany only hits 1 target, so even ignoring all the other caveats (inactive when you ride a transport/deep strike, doesn't work on both shooting and melee, etc) this alone will make your Chaplain a waste of points. He'll only earn his keep when you have a deathstar unit going that cares about +1 to hit beyond improving BS by 1. This is good for a plasma unit; if you want to support a gunline bring a Lieutenant instead.
  6. Canticle of Hate: Non-cumulative 6" aura of +2 to charge rolls, as well as +3" to pile in and consolidation moves. In all cases, the friendly <CHAPTER> unit in question has to be within the aura at the time the move is made - the consolidate move especially will often not happen unless the Chaplain also made his charge.
    • Hnnng amazing for those of us who re-roll charges, increasing the odds of a successful 9" charge up to 85% (58.3% for non-rerolling lads). Do keep in mind the chaplain has to be on the field at the beginning of the battle round. Not even the Impulsor's broken disembark rules would help here, only a Jump Pack / Turboboosting Biker Manlet would have a chance."

Special Issue Wargear: basically "lite" Relics that can be given to non-Character units: I'm not going to delve into this, since there's 5-6 per chapter out there and way too much to cover. Just hopefully we get some good stuff....like maybe give melee weapons to Intercessors?

Echoing 4chan's commentary as well as my own observations of other C:SM players, my concerns are the predictability of the order of Doctrines and the fact that our specialist units want to be stuck in way before T3 and/or don't survive to T3. I REALLY hope there's a way to switch into Assault Doctrine faster.

*2 base + 1 Chainsword + 1 Black Rage + 1 Shock Assault + Savage Echoes

Edited by Indefragable

Best to just paint the helmets gold and give them the black rage strat. Or ask your friends to house rule it.

SET FISTS TO BLENDER MODE.

I never expected +1A but I like it! It's relevant across the whole army and really pushes our hitting power with Shock Assault too. 4A per Sanguinary Guard will be excellent.

Im a big fan of the Litany, calling back to the rending days of yore WD codex.

I'm however not expecting much on the Stratagems, as they will most likely be the "generic" ones from the Marine codex it makes sense for us to have.

Interesting tid-bit is that we still have Access to Kill Shot and Linebreaker Bombardment where Vanilla marines don't, assuming this isn't a new set of Stratagems that replaces our codex ones.

I have a feeling Red Thirst hasn't changed, bit FT got the extra bit of rules as they don't have as many relics/ WLT/ Characters etc