New Mephiston/Psychic awakening p3

Neuralshock

It might be something like "One model can take a Chainsword, Powersword, Powerfist or Thunder Hammer".

So it doesnt have to be a sergeant model. Best case scenario is that any model can take a melee weapon. And maybe one a Thunder Hammer. I'd be ok with this.

Alternatively, you can imagine your Chaplain boosting to land in front of the enemy whilst chanting his Litanies. The enemy commander derisively responds with "You and what army?"

Then the sky darkens as a mass of Death Company descend. :biggrin.:

Check out "Hunger" by Andy Smillie, very similar thing happens, and it's the best part of the book. I sometimes go back and listen just to this particular part, cuz it's so awesome.

Edited by Klod

The one on the right has a chainsword - which is a sergeant-only upgrade for regular Intercessor squads - and there's no clear sergeant in the unit. Although I guess it could be the one on the left because he has a tilt shield. The grenade launcher is still an option at least, judging from the one in the back..

I think the one with the chainsword is the sergeant- they used the same model (helmet with blood drop) as a sergeant in the codex models section.

I would not expect too much for DC Intercessors.

In my opinion the most likely thing is a stratagem to make a regular Intercessor squad Death Company by adding the Black Rage special rule and a DC keyword.

The optimist in me would hope for a separate datasheet with options for Jump Packs, but I don't think this will happen, as Primaris Jump Packs are not available yet for melee units.

Edited by a_typical_hero

I think I'm gona be rolling for DC Intercessors like in 2ed. I'll take a 5 man DC Int. squad, and then roll for every other Primaris Infantry in my army. On 4+ remove one model from that squad and add one to the DC Intercessors.

Was it that you would roll again if that 4+ was a 6, or do you roll another dice, and if it is a 6, then you roll again?

Edited by Klod

Ok, as much as I liked the model and GW's initial reveal trailer with Heavy Metal music, the voice actor they are using for the Blood of Baal videos is incredibly cringe inducing..

Also, post #230 of this thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/359365-new-mephistonpsychic-awakening-p3/page-10?do=findComment&comment=5421509

Here's my prediction for PA3: Primaris Death Company.

Called it.

You willed it into existence, now work on Dante and Sanguinary Guard=D

So, reading the article, they said something about a death company intercessor with a thunder hammer. We all know death company squads dont have sergeants. So, either intercessor death company have sergeants, which doesnt make much sense, or they will be able to equip melee weapons!

"Just imagine how much devastation a Death Company Intercessor with a thunder hammer is going to cause… Lots."

Actually, that might be the primary reason that the Death Company Intercessors might be a different data sheet: different wargear options and/or no sergeant.

Just look at the picture in the preview:

dba3b61f.jpg

The one on the right has a chainsword - which is a sergeant-only upgrade for regular Intercessor squads - and there's no clear sergeant in the unit. Although I guess it could be the one on the left because he has a tilt shield. The grenade launcher is still an option at least, judging from the one in the back..

Slightly off topic, but thank god I don't have to paint so many ornaments on these Death Company Intercessors. I love my painted Death Company old marines, they look great. But, man they were mildly exhausting to paint. When we eventually get the kit, I hope they tone the iconography, it seriously felt like a marathon just getting through 5 let alone 15.

How good would it be if we can start in assault doctrine?

I wouldn't do it even if we could. Every single of the doctrines offers something great for my army. Suppressors, Eliminators, Redemptors and Repulsors will enjoy the Devastator doctrine, Intercessors, Carbine Reivers and Inceptors will enjoy the Tactical doctrine and everyone will enjoy the Assault doctrine once I'm close to the enemy. ^^

Friendly reminder to all the Baalite Fraters to not go crazy buying or irrevocably converting models until the full set of rules is in the wild and can be fully absorbed.

I think we've all made impulsive decisions we've regretted.

I don't know what think about all of this... 

I'm not a big fan of the doctrine mechanic, I don't plan to buy more intercessor (and even less their transport) and for me the Blood Angels litany is "meh". 

So, I need to see more before being satisfied (Please, give some stuff for the classic Marines. These are the only ones I peinted)

I don't know what think about all of this...

I'm not a big fan of the doctrine mechanic, I don't plan to buy more intercessor (and even less their transport) and for me the Blood Angels litany is "meh".

So, I need to see more before being satisfied (Please, give some stuff for the classic Marines. These are the only ones I peinted)

When you say, "give me stuff for Classic marines" what do you mean?

The new doctrines and bonus affect them too.

The more I've been marinating on this the more I am ok with the teaser rules. There's a few things to keep in mind/perspective. As much as we want to get to assault doctrine faster, for the sake of fun and flavor, I think coming in turn 2 or 3 will make for better long lasting game rather than when BA first came out we were demolishing turn 1. Rounding out our long range support will be a boon. The second thing is, once we get our jump pack and melee Primaris support, of all the Space Marine Chapters we'll benefit the most. That being said, my only hope is they give us improved Sanguinary Discipline spells, and Chapter Approved/Blood of Ball reduction in points to SG, Death Company, Encarmine blades, Baal predator. Also, stratagems for our vehicles. I am good in not needing more + to melee.

I don't think the Sanguinary Discipline is changing as the Mephiston datasheet refers to Codex Blood Angels.

I'm hoping CA will give us some spicy point drops, however the leaks suggest large drops across the board so will it help?

You don't think they will improve Blood Lance, Blood Boil etc? I kinda think there's a chance given how unused they are.

Some stratagems for classic marines for example, like "gravitic amplification" or a better Sanguinary Priest.

Some stratagems for classic marines for example, like "gravitic amplification" or a better Sanguinary Priest.

Well they did say there would be an updated datasheet for Sangunary Priest, which I find fascinating - I didn't think there was anything that needed changing on him.

Did apothecaries get anything in Codex: Space Marines? 

You mean like the vast majority of the Stratagems in our Codex already is? Also the article has shown literally only one thing that's only for Primaris.

Well they did say there would be an updated datasheet for Sangunary Priest, which I find fascinating - I didn't think there was anything that needed changing on him.

i am wondering if our priests will get litanies or a specific litany or something - fits the priest angle. Can't imagine what else it could be. Or maybe artificer armour as the model so clearly has it?

Edited by Blindhamster

I'm hoping they'll add the jump pack option so it doesn't die when Legends happens.

Regarding the psychic powers, I agree it's almost certain that the Sanguinary Discipline will go untouched. However, it's possible they could add another table of powers that replace Smite like the Eldar got. My limited knowledge of the lore includes the understanding that Blood Angels are one of the most psychic chapters, with Grey Knights being the obvious frontrunner.

Powers that replace Smite wouldn't be referred to on the data sheets, so seeing Mephiston's leaked sheet doesn't rule that out. There's absolutely no indication of that happening for us though, but it would be a neat bonus with an already existing precedent.

Grey Knights players might literally start pulling their hair out though if they didn't get the same or better announced in the same breath.

I just hope for some flavourful Stratagems. Something that defines the Blood Angels and let's you draw conclusions on how they fight.

Let's say a Stratagem that makes a squad of Sternguard re-roll all wounds with melta. This would tell me that a melta is typical weapon of choice for a Blood Angel Sternguard.

Or some neat Strats for Stormtalons and Stormhawks. Lately, I can't get that Stormhawk out of my head. It's a boxy flying potato, for Emperor's sake, but for some reason I started really liking the model.

Stormraven could also use a neat Strat. Maybe an equivalent of what BT got for Land Raider Redeemer.

Also something for the chainswords. I think they fit us more than any other Chapter.

It looks Danielsan Karate Kid crane kick

Ok, as much as I liked the model and GW's initial reveal trailer with Heavy Metal music, the voice actor they are using for the Blood of Baal videos is incredibly cringe inducing..

Also, post #230 of this thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/359365-new-mephistonpsychic-awakening-p3/page-10?do=findComment&comment=5421509

Here's my prediction for PA3: Primaris Death Company.

Called it.

You willed it into existence, now work on Dante and Sanguinary Guard=D

Neither is a possibility until generic jump-pack (or whatever the hell those ugly pieces of crap on the back of Inceptors are called) melee units are out first.

You know my biggest dislike for primaris now is the fact that the marines adopt some lame suit of armor to do their jobs. Before we only had terminator armor and that armor was special, ancient, and revered, so having a basic marine get to the first company, and get that armor was special.

Now every job has a new suit of armor, and unfortunately at least in my opinion they all look horrible. Regular intercessors look wonderful, every other suit? Not so much for me.

Rant off.

I can’t wait to see what else comes out but I have a feeling intercessors will be able to upgrade to death company for a command point, or maybe extra cost.

You know my biggest dislike for primaris now is the fact that the marines adopt some lame suit of armor to do their jobs. Before we only had terminator armor and that armor was special, ancient, and revered, so having a basic marine get to the first company, and get that armor was special.

Now every job has a new suit of armor, and unfortunately at least in my opinion they all look horrible. Regular intercessors look wonderful, every other suit? Not so much for me.

Rant off.

I can’t wait to see what else comes out but I have a feeling intercessors will be able to upgrade to death company for a command point, or maybe extra cost.

Well..  This was true until 8th Edition maybe, but then before Primaris we had these:

99120101106_CenturionAssaultSquadNEW01.j

99120101106_CenturionDevastatorSquadNEW0

So the armor proliferation started before the Primaris.

However, I do agree that some Primaris aesthetics rub oldtimers wrong.  Personally, I made my peace with majority of it and even like some of the models a lot (Intercessors are fine, Reivers are cool, Infiltrators and Eliminators are top notch) so I actually started collecting a small force of Imperial Fist Primaris Marines.

However, you would have to kill me before I buy and paint anything as ugly as these:

60010199015_40KDarkImperiumENG09.jpg

or these:

01.jpg

Or this:

01.jpg

You get my drift.  I am mostly OK with Tacticus and Phobos but can't stand the sight of Omnis and Gravis..