Psychic Awakening 2 rumours

Sete

Alright brothers, I have some news. 

Grimaldus knows 2 litanies plus the Litany of Hate and can recite 2 per turn. His Unmatched Zeal is still there and is now unmodified 6's (TH and PF everywhere rejoiced!) He can also Deny the Witch once per psychic phase. His crozius is now +2S -2AP 2D. Still 90 points, same stats and other gear as before. If he's your Warlord he must take the WLT that GW posted in our preview. Which means that he can do it twice

There are 8 Strats, 6 Relics, full WLT table and our other unique units all got rules buffs. 

That's all I can say for now. :wink:

8 Strats? Did they run out of ideas making so many new ones for the other Chapters?

Maybe the Templar will be the shining example of quality over quantity.

Looks at Shock and Awe.

Huh! Maybe not.

How is a virtual item sold out?

That's my question.

You give them money for a download.

Because epubs are actually purchased via the apple platform which sets a download number, according to my local WS manager. If games wants to sell their book on itunes it's a certain fee for 5 000 downlaos, more for 10 000, etc...

I have ordered my (physical) copy and - on request from aforementioned manager - dropped a few of my Templars in the front window as a thematic army (he's also awaiting an old SoB army), please excuse the quality, it is currently very rainy in southwestern France.

e70440339466439e07579a8c6892fa8c39d784b8

Also discussed the various BT leaks with the tournament crew, they seem to think our rules so far were quite good (not the best but on par with WS at least). They hadn't seen the full thing though.

8 Strats? Did they run out of ideas making so many new ones for the other Chapters?

Quality is important, not quantity. Mono Space Marines armies have insufficiently CPs for using all good strats in dexes. I hope that our strategems will be awesome. Fingers crossed .

I listened to the Winters Overview and was quite disappointed but it’s 1am here and I really need to sit down and listen again. In his review though, he mentions that as IF successors we have access to their stuff, but I would want to actually read the book before taking his word on that! The keeping units in combat strat is 2CP and only against infantry and on a 2+. Couple of nice relics including a 3” bubble of 4+ invuln save. And Grimaldus is definitely worth a take now!

Here are my notes on the dex

So BT Chappies can take the standard Litanies or you can take the Devout ones

1 is pick a unit within 6", that unit gains 5+++ (FNP)

2. All units within 6" re-roll melee wound rolls of 1

3. -2 Leadership to enemy units within 6"

4. Select unit within 6", if they charge or HI +1 Attacks

5. Add 3" to range of aura abilities while within 6" of the chaplain

6. Choose a unit within 6", they always fight first

Grimaldis knows 2 Litanies + Litany of Hate and can recite 2/turn

He also give exploding 6s on melee attacks within 6" and can DTW once/psychic phase

So the EC is 6" 2+ 3+ 4 4 4 5 9 Sv 2+/4++ +1 A/Str while within 1" of enemy CHARACTERs, -1 to hit in melee, re-roll melee hits vs CHARACTERs

Black Sword is S+2 -3 d3 dmg, re-roll wounds vs CHARACTER or MONSTER

Which means with Helbrecht nearby he's S8 vs CHARACTERS...wounding most on 2s, re-rollable

Grimmy is 90 points

Helbrecht is 150

EC is 75

1CP to pile in and consolidate up to 6"

1CP DtW on 4+

1CP Advance, fire pistols, and charge

1CP SCOUT unit re-roll wounds

1CP when you Fight, every Save roll of 6 causes a mortal wound

Use this strat in the Fight phase. Select one BLACK TEMPLARS SCOUT unit from your army that made a charge or was charged this turn. Until the end of that phase, when resolving an attack makde with a melee weapon by a model in that unit, you can re-roll the wound roll

2CP, enemy within 1" can't fall back on a 2+

PAIRED COMBATANTS: Whilst this unit contains at least as many Initiaties as Neophytes, when resolving an attack made with a melee weapon by a Neophyte in this unit, re-roll a hit roll of 1

Crusader helm +3" to aura abilities (up to 12"). Additionally, start of Movement phase, pick a BT unit within 6" and that unit has the Assault Doctrine active for it until your next Movement phase

Witchseeker bolts: you can shoot a psyker character like a sniper, and a hit equals D3 mortals in addtion to any any other damage

Aurillian Shroud -- once/battle all friendly BT units within 3" have a 4++ invul

Skull of the Cacodominus Once per battle, after a witch does a power within 12", roll a D6, on a 2+ they take D3 mortals

Sword of Judgement: replaces power sword, S+1, AP -3, flat 3 damage

So....6 total, plus all the ones in Codex

WLTs

1. HI within 6" and can move up to 6" to do it

2. WL can DtW once/psychic phase, +1 to result

3. When WL finishes Charge move, for each enemy within 1" roll a D6, on a 2+ that unit suffers 1 mortal wound

4. WL always fights first

5. Melee attacks within 6" wound roll of 6 improves' AP by 1

6. BT units within 6" +1 to Advance and Charge

Edited by Acebaur