Psychic Awakening 2 rumours

Sete

There's a stratagem that allows advance and charge. With that disembarking from Land Raider gives 3" disembark + 6" move + D6 advance + 2D6 rerollable charge. Awesome.

Grimaldus and EC are must-have, IMO, Helbrecht less so, but still a good choice.

Edited by Deadman Wade

I've just looked at GMG'd video. He actually shows us the pages from the book.

According to the page, we get our abilities if everything on the army is BLACK TEMPLARS or UNALIGNED.

Seeing as being an IF successor changes every IMPERIAL FISTS keyword to BLACK TEMPLARS, I think we are CURRENTLY in a zone of cheesiness...

(I await the FAQ nerfhammer...)

Bad news. Bad bad news.

I think they killed the faux-Devi squad. They've placed restrictions on how many things you can take from the Special or Heavy list depending on how many models are in the squad.

Yes I'm just seeing that. It's 1 melee OR heavy OR special weapon if the squad is < 10 men, and special AND (weapon OR heavy) if >= 10 men.

5+ FNP, advance and charge, a 4+ invuln, and a tasty series of Grimaldus buffs. I also think Helbrecht gets the +1 to advance and charge warlord trait, basically insuring that he is now king of drop pod assaults forever more. Those Sword Brother lists we all started playing with after our special detachment dropped are going to come back in a big way.

One question though. Do Crusader Squads have the scout keyword? I'm trying to figure out when we'd actually use that scout strat. Also, did our servators get upgraded to not be targetable by shooting?

So the pistols strat is WAY better than Winters said. There is enough good stuff here I feel. And with the EC being buffed our hero Hhammer is SCARY, man.

I am pretty content with this. We are not OP, but it's very much workable and gives us a push towards melee, which is what I hoped for for this supplement.

I am unsure, wether I want to use an LRC now or not actually. I dont think that I HAVE to get one right now atleast.

The run shoot charge strat: do you think itll work when coming from a pod? Or wont it, because you arrive at the end of the movement Phase?

Loosing faux devis kind of sucks, but also makes me more likely to just throw a squad of intercessors in there to replace one of them.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

So the pistols strat is WAY better than Winters said. There is enough good stuff here I feel. And with the EC being buffed our hero Hhammer is SCARY, man.

I am pretty content with this. We are not OP, but it's very much workable and gives us a push towards melee, which is what I hoped for for this supplement.

I am unsure, wether I want to use an LRC now or not actually. I dont think that I HAVE to get one right now atleast.

The run shoot charge strat: do you think itll work when coming from a pod? Or wont it, because you arrive at the end of the movement Phase?

It won't work because it applies to a unit advancing, which you cannot do out of the pod.

I'm annoyed at the crusader change but to be honest I expected it to happen two codex releases ago.

I'm rather peeved, MSU spec, combi, heavy units were a really good way to fill battalions with a fire support troop unit. More bolter scouts may be the answer. (Which is a right pain for me, as I only use the metal sculpts, and the bolter two are really expensive in comparison!)

Okay so as I expected.

Do we think that 16 crusaders/8 Termies coming from a lrc are worth it now? For the points? If utilizing that strat, accompanying characters wont be able to come with them for auras and so on. On the other hand a jumping char with Helm will move 12'',have a 9'' aura and give them assault Phase.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

I'm annoyed at the crusader change but to be honest I expected it to happen two codex releases ago.

I'm rather peeved, MSU spec, combi, heavy units were a really good way to fill battalions with a fire support troop unit. More bolter scouts may be the answer. (Which is a right pain for me, as I only use the metal sculpts, and the bolter two are really expensive in comparison!)

It's a bummer but not the end of the world

Does it work with an Impulsor?

It should, same as a LRC, because the unit's always on the table, not coming from reserve.

I've been through the rule part of the supplement, and there's nothing that says we can't avail of IF stuff as a successor chapter. On the other hand page 42 explicitly states that we are an IF successor.

Okay so as I expected.

Do we think that 16 crusaders/8 Termies coming from a lrc are worth it now? For the points? If utilizing that strat, accompanying characters wont be able to come with them for auras and so on. On the other hand a jumping char with Helm will move 12'',have a 9'' aura and give them assault Phase.

Without supporting character (ideally, Helbrecht) it's not really cost-effective, I think, and very CP-intensive. Helbrecth will give so much bonuses to assault terminators (for both LCs and THs), that it's hard to justify not taking him in a list that focuses on LR assault.

Edited by Deadman Wade

If you want Bolter shots take primaris. Better bolters and cheaper than a kitted out faux debi squad, also more durable and can do something in cc.

Primaris can actually be ridiculously good in CC.

Defauts 2A, make them veterans (vigilus) 3A, charge 4A, the right litany 5A...