Psychic Awakening 2 rumours

Sete

This is a rumour thread, I created this with that intention, but everyone that wants an update to the range, and is disappointed by the fact we might not get one, is a whiner apparently.

Oh come on, that's low, that's very low.

I want a range update as much as you, I've said it plenty of times when I mentioned I'd hope for melee primaris.

But repeating ad nauseam "we're left behind" that's not discussing rumours, it is whining. It's not about the content of the discussion, it's about the tone.

Small rumour update:

There is a list of november/december releases circularing on the web.

Start collecting Primaris SM and Chaos SM coming december maybe thats why there are no box set for PA2.

No models, cards, dice shown.

Its a rumour apply salt.

Now, see, there you can legitimately say "we're not getting cards/sprue/whatever...", because at least it's substantiated by some evidence.

In the end, you were right to worry, it turns out. But it's much better to do so with some support from facts.

I'm starting to think it to be true at this point. Nothing for us besides rules. I'm not going to pull my hair because of that. But it's not good own its own.

Fulkes stated a theory of his that this might be a 1.5 update for us, while could be planning a more substantial 2.0 update for us later. I don't think its entirely unconvincing, in fact I theorized something similiar months back. If that's the case we would actually be a in a really good position. But that's neither here nor there. 

What I am starting to wonder, might they possibly be thinking of rolling out a generic CC unit, that they'll initially bundle in start collecting box? Making it generic means it'll generate sales from all chapter players. Well maybe. I just find it odd they wouldn't push *anything* with the pa2 for loyalist sm.

This is a rumour thread, I created this with that intention, but everyone that wants an update to the range, and is disappointed by the fact we might not get one, is a whiner apparently.

Oh come on, that's low, that's very low.

I want a range update as much as you, I've said it plenty of times when I mentioned I'd hope for melee primaris.

But repeating ad nauseam "we're left behind" that's not discussing rumours, it is whining. It's not about the content of the discussion, it's about the tone.

Small rumour update:

There is a list of november/december releases circularing on the web.

Start collecting Primaris SM and Chaos SM coming december maybe thats why there are no box set for PA2.

No models, cards, dice shown.

Its a rumour apply salt.

Now, see, there you can legitimately say "we're not getting cards/sprue/whatever...", because at least it's substantiated by some evidence.

In the end, you were right to worry, it turns out. But it's much better to do so with some support from facts.

I didnt want to hit the low hanging fruit, i know there are some of us that took the news worse than others. I known i did.

I was correct on the fact that people got overly excited with the SM supplements, and we could be left behind. I might not even he correct because its still a rumour.

I dont want to be right. But this is just par for the course we have been for a few years, and this is what i have been saying. Im a cynic. Its how life molded me unfortunately.

And I said it that way, because i know my rep around here, and im just trying to be neutral. Obviously im gutted :/

Acording to this release schedule, we will just feature rule wise.

Unless the start collecting SM has a sprue, which is unlikely.

I know fists had a box last year but it was a Supremacy Force box, not a start collecting one.

Who knows Orks vs BT box rumour might still pan out, and Ragnar and Ghaz feature on PA4.

Edited by Sete

I also apologize because I know Im a bit stubborn (and a pain for you guys) sometimes. We all have different expectations of things :smile.: And we are all on the same boat here.

Despite whatever model support we get, I actually like the rumoured rules we have seen, and I hope the fluff is decent aswell.

Particularly excited about the new Litanies set. That bit shows that GW is paying attention. 

Edit: I know there are so much to be updated yet, and despite my initial frustration, I know we will get updated sometime :wink:

Double edit: at least CF can use IF sprue. I would absolutely love one for us, because buying BT DW veteran pads is making me broke lol

The reason you see so much push back from me in threads like this, or any push back at all as the case may be, is because I'm not goign to upgrade to Primaris. Like I've said plenty of times, when Old Marines go, I go, and that hurts.

There is a certain sort of player that the Sons of Dorn attract over other legions. A certain stubbornness and unwillingness to shift on issues that we feel are important. This might be felt to lesser effect by our brothers who are only here for the knightly armor, but those who play Sons of Dorn for the theme should understand exactly what I'm talking about. We all know what it's like to be stubbornly hooked on something, and so I don't begrudge you your need to have new models to validate BT as an army with future prospects. But for me, and maybe for others, there is no future. There are no prospects. When my marines are retired, I'm laying down my bolter for good. I'll be facing the next generation of Templars from the other side of the table.

Sappy speech aside, I'm worried about the quality of our rules. I hadn't expected our campaign book to be so jam packed with stuff. One or two legions I'd have understood, but there is iconography being thrown around crazily. If we get dumped on in the fluff again I'll be legitimately upset.

I also apologize because I know Im a bit stubborn (and a pain for you guys) sometimes. We all have different expectations of things :smile.: And we are all on the same boat here.

Despite whatever model support we get, I actually like the rumoured rules we have seen, and I hope the fluff is decent aswell.

Particularly excited about the new Litanies set. That bit shows that GW is paying attention.

Edit: I know there are so much to be updated yet, and despite my initial frustration, I know we will get updated sometime :wink:

Double edit: at least CF can use IF sprue. I would absolutely love one for us, because buying BT DW veteran pads is making me broke lol

The reason you see so much push back from me in threads like this, or any push back at all as the case may be, is because I'm not goign to upgrade to Primaris. Like I've said plenty of times, when Old Marines go, I go, and that hurts.

There is a certain sort of player that the Sons of Dorn attract over other legions. A certain stubbornness and unwillingness to shift on issues that we feel are important. This might be felt to lesser effect by our brothers who are only here for the knightly armor, but those who play Sons of Dorn for the theme should understand exactly what I'm talking about. We all know what it's like to be stubbornly hooked on something, and so I don't begrudge you your need to have new models to validate BT as an army with future prospects. But for me, and maybe for others, there is no future. There are no prospects. When my marines are retired, I'm laying down my bolter for good. I'll be facing the next generation of Templars from the other side of the table.

Sappy speech aside, I'm worried about the quality of our rules. I hadn't expected our campaign book to be so jam packed with stuff. One or two legions I'd have understood, but there is iconography being thrown around crazily. If we get dumped on in the fluff again I'll be legitimately upset.

No worries dude i understand, I also disliked primaris at the start, but i decided to move on. But dont get me wrong. I do not have a primaris BT collection. And will only start one when we get a proper BT model, im that stubborn. But i did lost my will to pick up on my OG marines, for me there is no point now.

Dont think i dont undertand what you are feeling because i do, and I sympathize with it.

Well if this is the real deal, fingers crossed for good rules and fluff, but this might be more of a sisters book than BT.

Edited by Sete

Kirioth has a second leak video with prices, that puts PA:2 at $40 when C:SM supplements were $30...

That's now another legitimate reason to complain, having to pay more for essentially "less" because it is likely that BT will not get as much coverage in the campaign book as other chapters got in their supplement.

In some good news for me, one of my factions, Inquisition might get new models.

Also Fulkes had a point on the N&R thread.

We will have our rules on a campaign book, but they arent permanently stocked, so we can actually get something later in the year.

Well ill be doing an Inquisitorial Force meanwhile.

Edit: Yeah Ciler, i actually said that a few times :/

Still i might buy it just on the faint hope that we get something later on.

But i will be leaving a polite but stern feedback letter to GW.

Edit: Inq stuff might be made to order. :(

Edited by Sete

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I'm gonna be honest about my feelings here guys. I'm bummed that we're not getting a model, an upgrade sprue, or objective cards. Like I am really down about it. I know I "have no right" but I was really hoping to see a Primaris Emperor's Champion because it would be really cool. It would have also been nice to feel like we got a treatment equal to the other chapters in the book even though we "clearly don't deserve it" being a second founding and all. 

Yeah, I'm not adding anything, and yeah I know, I'm whining. Guess what, that's what happens when people feel like they're not being recognized. I'm being honest with myself and my feelings despite however irrational they may be. Yeah, I feel like we're not being properly recognized by not getting anything when all of the other chapters in the same book we're from got amazing new books and models. This is part of me dealing with it.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I'm gonna be honest about my feelings here guys. I'm bummed that we're not getting a model, an upgrade sprue, or objective cards. Like I am really down about it. I know I "have no right" but I was really hoping to see a Primaris Emperor's Champion because it would be really cool. It would have also been nice to feel like we got a treatment equal to the other chapters in the book even though we "clearly don't deserve it" being a second founding and all.

Yeah, I'm not adding anything, and yeah I know, I'm whining. Guess what, that's what happens when people feel like they're not being recognized. I'm being honest with myself and my feelings despite however irrational they may be. Yeah, I feel like we're not being properly recognized by not getting anything when all of the other chapters in the same book we're from got amazing new books and models. This is part of me dealing with it.

I think it’s an understandable response to a disappointing situation. It did really seem like we would get some plastic this time.

Anyway, now you have more time to make video battle reps. Any more of those on the horizon?

I will be spending my money on FFG new Legion starter set. Aint buying it aswell, after thinking on it for a while.

Voting with wallet and what not.

Unfortunately, voting with your wallet in this case would validate GW's decision not to release a BT miniature with the book and probably future releases, if any (there may not be any if this book flops). Edited by Marshal Laeroth

Yeah i dont believe in voting with the wallet, is counter productive, but i will spend my money on products that actually cater to me.

Like a few of my fraters im disapointed.

The miniature wont be coming either way.

Maybe 2020 will bring us some stuff.

PA2 wont be on print permenantly, and when our stuff gets looked at again, ill be dropping by.

Edited by Sete

I think it’s an understandable response to a disappointing situation. It did really seem like we would get some plastic this time.

Anyway, now you have more time to make video battle reps. Any more of those on the horizon?

No trips to MWG planned in the near future. I do really need to update my Crusade thread though. I have a ton of pictures ready to go, as well as a couple of battles to report on in text format. 

If there's nothing super compelling rules wise in the new campaign book, I may hop back over to my admech army and start getting ready for the Kill Team update. If you brothers haven't played Kill Team, that's were the real good stuff is at these days. Its way more tactical than 40k, focused more on movement than combos. I may even start a BT Kill Team thread as I have had some fairly great success in that game with some of our sexier elite melee options. 

Normally, I'd agree with you, but this book will still sell, there's like 5 chaos factions, just as starved for content sharing it. You don't gauge the interest of a single faction by having it share the spot with half a dozen others.

As much as I would love to stand on that as well, I have it on good standing that GW is watching two things very closely with the Psychic Awakening releases.  First, the sales of the books.  Second, how often those factions are making it into competitive play.  More than ever, GW has been taking an interest in the competitive environment of the game and if these factions books do not sell and/or have a decent showing at events around the world...poof.

Normally, I'd agree with you, but this book will still sell, there's like 5 chaos factions, just as starved for content sharing it. You don't gauge the interest of a single faction by having it share the spot with half a dozen others.

There won't be 5 chaos factions in the book. There will be two

I’m actually gutted that we’re not getting any new model support/sprue etc. The rules/strats etc are make or break for me. If they put is in a really good place where we can be fluffy and still competitive then my crusade will continue to grow. If not, then I think I’ll shift my focus to other factions/formats. Speaking of which has anyone been playing any Kill Team with Templars?!?

I’m actually gutted that we’re not getting any new model support/sprue etc. The rules/strats etc are make or break for me. If they put is in a really good place where we can be fluffy and still competitive then my crusade will continue to grow. If not, then I think I’ll shift my focus to other factions/formats. Speaking of which has anyone been playing any Kill Team with Templars?!?

I'm going to bring one glimmer of hope (road to disappointment I know...) but some people are suggesting this list is a fake. The argument runs as follows : supposedly this list is from an independent retailer (because it's not the internal format of GW documents), but independent retailers obviously do not get "made to order" models.

There won't be 5 chaos factions in the book. There will be two

That's not what the preview video hints at tho...