Psychic Awakening 2 rumours

Sete

I don’t get the lack of zeal here. When I see:

“Codex supplement-tier content for the Black Templars”

I can’t help but feel the urge to purge.

Sure we aren’t getting models but we already have the best upgrade kit in the game and the best single model (EC) so I can wait for a while.

My dudes, we are basically getting a new codex on a par with first founding chapters. It’s not the moon on a string but it’s a hell of a lot more than we have had for a long time.

I disagree with everything you wrote.

Well almost everything, you are right on it being a hell lot more than we have had for a long time. Unfortunately we have the fresh released supplements to compare this release with.

Its leaves a sour taste, being skipped on that aspect and be added with the chaos factions.

Edited by Sete

I don’t get the lack of zeal here. When I see:

“Codex supplement-tier content for the Black Templars”

I can’t help but feel the urge to purge.

Sure we aren’t getting models but we already have the best upgrade kit in the game and the best single model (EC) so I can wait for a while.

My dudes, we are basically getting a new codex on a par with first founding chapters. It’s not the moon on a string but it’s a hell of a lot more than we have had for a long time.

If GW talk about TIER-supplement, its like they say their game is balanced.

I remember the article when they wrote Reivers would be very good with Helbrecht in the start of this edition. So stupid - they dont even know about balancing their game ... like they thought Iron Hands would be okay for a release....

It just doesn't compute though. There's no way that seven different factions (6 CSM Legions and us) are getting "supplement-level content" in one book.

but the rumors ( already by a 100 percent truth content) said that we getting a full supplement and all other factions just get small support.

Edited by Acebaur

A new codex, shared with 6 heretic legions instead of first founding brothers this time. We're really moving up in the world now :furious:

We have to pay more for this book, decorated as it is by a heretic witch, than any of our C:SM colleagues. Same colleagues all got new toys, while we didn't. 

Yeah sure, we weren't squatted. That's genuinely something good. But the form of this realease really just pisses me off. It's entirely filler. It's a collection of everyone not important enough to get their own. It's a book for the lost and damned, the truly wretched, and being included here really hurts.

I'm gonna stop posting about this, I'm unable to turn my around my attitude to a direction that will be conducive to healthy forum discussion.

Beside the fact that i am very disappointed too I have to disagree your first sentence.

Codex Armagesson was great and in it there were Xenos scum... For good rules you dont need a big amount of pages. One page with 2-3 very good Stratagems could be gamebreaking.  Think about Iron Hands Character and Relics just need 2 pages,..

With a bit of luck, as this is ultimately a campaign supplement, you guys will get a proper supplement alongside new models in the future. I guess this will be a tide over until that happens.

It's probably going to amount to better treatment than crimson fists, and flesh tearers, and FAR better treatment than any other successor chapter (which is ultimaltely "all" black templars are, no matter how awesome they are and how much people like them)

I really think you'll see something more substantial, perhaps alongside a number of models in the future though. Lets face it, Black Templars are popular, moreso than many first founding chapters, and if you guys made as much noise as this forum would suggest, GW probably got the message loud and clear.

Keep the faith brothers, the emperor protects.

Edited by Blindhamster

Good lord, the whining in this thread is sickening. And you call yourselves Sons of Dorn? Shameful.

Also to everyone saying there's no way that BTs could get "supplement level stuff" in a book with 6 other Legions:

The Space Marine Codex Supplements have about.... four pages of rules (Chapter Tactics, Stratagems, Relics), not counting datasheets. Four times seven is twenty-eight. Twenty-eight pages of rules, at the minimum, for seven armies. That is laughably easy to fit into a campaign book.

Edited by Gederas

Good lord, the whining in this thread is sickening. And you call yourselves Sons of Dorn? Shameful.

Also to everyone saying there's no way that BTs could get "supplement level stuff" in a book with 6 other Legions:

The Space Marine Codex Supplements have about.... four pages of rules (Chapter Tactics, Stratagems, Relics), not counting datasheets. Four times seven is twenty-eight. Twenty-eight pages of rules, at the minimum, for seven armies. That is laughably easy to fit into a campaign book.

Thank you......the way I see it it’s us on the front lines against the traitors

I can be dissatisfied with something. That doesn't mean I'm whining. I find it very annoying that we don't get the level of support the other codex chapters did. I'm not going to pretend I'm okay with that.

I can be dissatisfied with something. That doesn't mean I'm whining. I find it very annoying that we don't get the level of support the other codex chapters did. I'm not going to pretend I'm okay with that.

Yes, it IS whining. We don't know what it is, and yet you (using 'you' in the "all you guys" sense here) seem to decide it's not good enough.

Like... :cuss GW could out and reveal a fully-revamped line for the Black Templars, Helbrecht, Grimaldus in plastic and not Primaris, a Plastic Emperor's Champion (normal and Primaris) and I bet money that the people in this thread who do nothing but complain about Black Templars WOULD STILL FIND SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

To be honest, it's crap like the constant mewling in this thread that makes me want to just toss out the idea of doing Templars. Because I don't want to be associated with this whining about everything.

I'm excited for the book because it has at least SOME kind of rules for factions I play. THREE of them.

Maybe instead of whining about whiners and antagonizing others for having a "wrong opinion" then perhaps you could practice what you preach and be more constructive in your posts, what are you excited about? Why? Are you planning any conversions? Anything you'd like to see? Be the change you want to see.

As for me Im still bummed for not getting an upgrade kit, I wasnt being particularly optimstic when I said we would just get an upgrade kit and even we got nothing, kind of blows because the only bits that fit Primaris are arms and shoulders and tabards and chests arent exactly compatible with the old kits either. It is what it is and Im ok with getting a supplement, we should've been in the IF codex but maybe this will be a bit more comprehensive and unique to us, Im excited to see our Stratagems and what types of armies we can build from it.

I just wish we had more info because as it stands we are on the same page as last week but now confirming we have no model support for a long time.

Yes, it IS whining. We don't know what it is, and yet you (using 'you' in the "all you guys" sense here) seem to decide it's not good enough.

Like... :censored: GW could out and reveal a fully-revamped line for the Black Templars, Helbrecht, Grimaldus in plastic and not Primaris, a Plastic Emperor's Champion (normal and Primaris) and I bet money that the people in this thread who do nothing but complain about Black Templars WOULD STILL FIND SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

To be honest, it's crap like the constant mewling in this thread that makes me want to just toss out the idea of doing Templars. Because I don't want to be associated with this whining about everything.

I'm excited for the book because it has at least SOME kind of rules for factions I play. THREE of them.

Really, all Templars players have been

Edited by Acebaur

Alright, that's enough. I get you guys are disappointed so far, that's fine. Express your opinion and move on. What's not fine is harping on the same thing over and over and making snarky sarcastic comments that aren't constructive or contributing to the topic at hand. 

We're going to take a break for the rest of the night. I'll unlock this thread in the morning when people have had a chance to chill for a minute. 

I'm sure our dudes will get updated eventually to much gnashing and walling from the people that dont like primaris.

Unfortunately it will take longer than some of us would like.

For now I'm gonna sit tight and wait for the rules and fluff. Im not expecting much on new artwork.

And call me mad, but I see no reason to doubt that kirioth rumour about Orks Vs Templars box yet.

Really depends on how they will present Ragnar vs Ghazghull.

I'm sure they will not cut Helbrecth from the Ghaz chase.

Edited by Sete

For the former... the upgrade kit used to be good, it's not much good these days considering much of it doesn't really work well with Primaris. I certainly don't need any more regular upgrade kits, except maybe for shoulder pads if I did indeed get BT Primaris (which I currently don't plan to). EC model, really not the best single model either, but that's of course subjective.

For the latter, getting shoehorned into a silly campaign book is a far cry from a "new codex on par with first founding chapters."

I'd like to say I for one am excited for whatever PA2 has to offer us, I'm hoping for some neat Warlord traits and hopefully litanies instead of Psychic powers. Also some kind of fight twice strat would be awesome! (Marines dont have that already do they? I cant recall stratagem for some reason)

For the former... the upgrade kit used to be good, it's not much good these days considering much of it doesn't really work well with Primaris. I certainly don't need any more regular upgrade kits, except maybe for shoulder pads if I did indeed get BT Primaris (which I currently don't plan to). EC model, really not the best single model either, but that's of course subjective.

For the latter, getting shoehorned into a silly campaign book is a far cry from a "new codex on par with first founding chapters."

While this may be correct in terms of fluff we are dealing with a campaign book here, not a tiny supplement book. Not including data sheets the Imperial Fist supplement has 7 pages of rules, and that includes needing an extra page because they have relics and special issue wargear. So 6-7 pages of rules is what the supplements have, and now GW is claiming that PA2 will have this level of support for several factions. This is laughably easy to do. Yes it means we likely won't see more than a couple of pages of individual fluff on the Templars if that. I understand people wanting to wait but save your judgement until the book is actually out.

I'd like to say I for one am excited for whatever PA2 has to offer us, I'm hoping for some neat Warlord traits and hopefully litanies instead of Psychic powers. Also some kind of fight twice strat would be awesome! (Marines dont have that already do they? I cant recall stratagem for some reason)

Yes, it's called Honor the Chapter

Yes, it's called Honor the Chapter

RIGHT idk how I completely forgot about that one! I really hope we still keep the 4+ deny strat, or they make it into a Warlord trait/relic, that's be even more awesome!

I really cant wait to see what they do for us, I'm not getting my hope too high but anything is better than a single strat, warlord trait, and relic and 5 datasheets rolled into the marine book to me. To me I dont need model support I already HAVE 4K points of black templar, I dont want new models I have to buy, I just want competitive rules!