Psychic Awakening 2 rumours

Sete

I’ve been thinking about our best possible scenario for this release. It goes something like this:

The Chapter Supplements were planned a year or more in advance - a reasonable assumption given the effort that goes into them even before printing and model releases is taken into account. Templars were intended to be included in the Fists supplement with no model releases, similar to how Crimson Fists were treated.

Then the last survey results came in, with a large number of people asking for Templars - potentially for the second year in a row. This led GW to change their plans, and pull Templars out of the Fists book to give them their own Supplement.

The 8-ish months from the survey results coming in to the Supplements release wasn’t enough for a character/upgrade sprue to be printed for Templars and would be tight for a Supplement book, so GW changes tack. They put the rules for Templars that were going to be in the Fists book into a Psychic Awakening Campaign book instead. Those books are temporary in nature, so when they go out of print they have to release the Templars rules somewhere else - i.e. in their own Supplement book. By the time this is due for release, GW have had enough time to cobble together an upgrade sprue and character model to go along with the shiny new Supplement: Black Templars.

It might be some hearty wishlisting, but it’d be nice!

I’ve been thinking about our best possible scenario for this release. It goes something like this:

The Chapter Supplements were planned a year or more in advance - a reasonable assumption given the effort that goes into them even before printing and model releases is taken into account. Templars were intended to be included in the Fists supplement with no model releases, similar to how Crimson Fists were treated.

Then the last survey results came in, with a large number of people asking for Templars - potentially for the second year in a row. This led GW to change their plans, and pull Templars out of the Fists book to give them their own Supplement.

The 8-ish months from the survey results coming in to the Supplements release wasn’t enough for a character/upgrade sprue to be printed for Templars and would be tight for a Supplement book, so GW changes tack. They put the rules for Templars that were going to be in the Fists book into a Psychic Awakening Campaign book instead. Those books are temporary in nature, so when they go out of print they have to release the Templars rules somewhere else - i.e. in their own Supplement book. By the time this is due for release, GW have had enough time to cobble together an upgrade sprue and character model to go along with the shiny new Supplement: Black Templars.

It might be some hearty wishlisting, but it’d be nice!

that are my hopes too... but I dont think so.

We may know more from tonight's Blood & Glory previews, Sisters are definitely getting a preview so we might too...

Can only hope!

Let's rephrase my deleted post.

Rumour wise, BT have no models for Psychic Awakening 2 release.

So there might not be anything to be previewed BT related.

Dont get your hopes high.

Edited by Sete

I have shared my dissatisfaction on FB page.

Not paying extra for less.

Unfortunately the french rumours were right, except it's not BT vs Chaos, it seems its Chaos vs Imperium.

Edited by Sete

Psychic awakening 2 truly a paranthesis release, they're already onto pushing book 3 which will be out with Mephiston at the end of the month.

I agree it feels like a filler release.

For this we would be better off in the IF supplement.

At least it would be cheaper, and we would have had our rules earlier aswell.

So they'd drop mephiston alone then? Maybe his preorder is on the 30th, but the date is pretty hard to ignore.

I agree, he won't arrive alone, at least not initially if JainZar and Drazhar are anything to go by. But we aren't getting PA2 next Saturday, as we would have had the pre-order news. And even if it was announced this Sunday, we wouldn't get it until the 16th, but that doesn't leave a lot of time for Monday reveals.

The most intriguing line is the 'new stuff' for marines and chaos marines at the bottom of the picture, it can't be rules, because the box is headed 'new rules' with a 'plus' new stuff.

Still, unlikely to BT specific. It's probably a multi-part release of something Shadowspear, like Suppressors for SM and Obliterators for CSM.

I'll welcome new rules especially if we get sufficient pages in this new book - will wait and see what it holds before I make a judgement. And I agree the "new stuff for space marines" line is intriguing especially as it doesn't seem to relate to rules, and we've already had the Christmas bundles revealed. I sincerely hope that they do at some point release upgrade sprues and dice for us at some point soon though.

We may know more from tonight's Blood & Glory previews, Sisters are definitely getting a preview so we might too...

Can only hope!

Let's rephrase my deleted post.

Rumour wise, BT have no models for Psychic Awakening 2 release.

So there might not be anything to be previewed BT related.

Dont get your hopes high.

I should hear what you said before... very disappointing review (from a BT view). But the SoB are the greatest models from GW so far.

BY FAR !!!!!!

I'm going to miss it as well, because it feels like a Hodge-podge of rules for miscellaneous unloved factions. It's worrying that gw don't seem to be trying to sell a story with this book and are already on to promoting book three. Makes me think that nothing of note will happen in whatever campaign it details.

I'll welcome new rules especially if we get sufficient pages in this new book - will wait and see what it holds before I make a judgement. And I agree the "new stuff for space marines" line is intriguing especially as it doesn't seem to relate to rules, and we've already had the Christmas bundles revealed. I sincerely hope that they do at some point release upgrade sprues and dice for us at some point soon though.

there wont be any interesting lore for us - except for this campange only. Nothing special what we really want to know.

Dudes, it's probably formations for Sallies and White Scars.

They appeared on the tease.

Just like BT had sword Bros for vigilus, they could have something for them.

We already seen the leaked release list.

the rumors already said that there will be new rules for Space Marines. A higher upgrade level for psykers and chaplains like the chapter master upgrade (1 cp for an additional psychic power or a lithany)

I don’t get the lack of zeal here. When I see:

“Codex supplement-tier content for the Black Templars”

I can’t help but feel the urge to purge.

Sure we aren’t getting models but we already have the best upgrade kit in the game and the best single model (EC) so I can wait for a while.

My dudes, we are basically getting a new codex on a par with first founding chapters. It’s not the moon on a string but it’s a hell of a lot more than we have had for a long time.