Facing the Unknown II

Trokair

Hmm. Seems I have a decision to make.

Do I build my Eighth Company Captain (gonna be picking up the power fist/plasma pistol primaris cappy) or do I do up some "better" converted Inceptors using ETB Reiver bodies, MkIV Legion jump packs and actual Inceptor arms?

What choice, just do both.

Choice is which to do now, not which to do ever. Like, I just got paid, I can afford to do one or the other but not both.

Hmm. Seems I have a decision to make.

Do I build my Eighth Company Captain (gonna be picking up the power fist/plasma pistol primaris cappy) or do I do up some "better" converted Inceptors using ETB Reiver bodies, MkIV Legion jump packs and actual Inceptor arms?

What choice, just do both.

Choice is which to do now, not which to do ever. Like, I just got paid, I can afford to do one or the other but not both.

Ah, sorry. Thought you had the parts already. In that case the Captain.

I missed posting my Patrol Detachment here so sorry about that. I have a game next weekend with 500 pts and my plan is to make some Lootas and I have started converting a Warboss. I almost completed 7 more boyz (last pic). The stuff still in boxes include "Ambot" Nobz, deffkoptas, stormboyz, mekgunz and shokk attack gunz. But boy am I having fun painting these and will be doing wacky Konvershunz.

dOqiqGD.jpg

DJ8f13Z.jpg

2YDhLC4.jpg

Nnc2rI9.jpg

So over the weekend I played a narrative challenge mission, the Last Stand. Me and an ork player were the attackers against a IF and SoB player as the defender with a last minute addition of a custodes player.

In five turns we got the IF and Custodes player wiped out, the SoB was down to Celestine, a sister squad, a canoness and hospitalar.

In total what we had to face:
IF
Chaplin Dread (Twin lascannon, fist w/ SB)
Primaris Chaplain
3x 5 man Intercessor squads (2 with assault, 1 with bolt rifles)
3 man aggressor squad - boltstorm guantlets

SoB
Celestine
2x Geminae Superia
Cannoess
Hospitalar
Pentiant Engine
5 woman Retrubator squad (2x meltagun, heavy flamer, multimelta)
10 woman Dominion squad (Stormbolters and heavy bolter)
10 woman Sister squad (flamer, storm bolter)
5 woman Seraphim squad

Custodes
Shield captian on bike
Caladius grav tank

To comp for the adding of the custodes player the Orks added a battlewagon. Not much but it's all we had extra.

Overall I needed to be more aggressive with the suits since I wasn't getting use of my rifles (burst/CIB) until turn 3. Also I figured I would stay put and took Day'loth sept. Bad idea.

Should have stuck with Tau sept and engaged. Much like how I played with my commander who was in the thick the entire battle. He was killed twice, but he got back into the fight fast. I ended up tanking the custodos player's attention, his tank killing the commander both times.

The chaplian dread wasn't too much of a problem even with it in the middle of the force. Mostly due to my commander bursting right next to him turn one and dropping him to two wounds in a single shooting phase. He was dropped the next turn by a ramming trukk.

I'm not sure I'm going to get another game with the Tau this month. Model wise I want to finish the SCD, just have to build the other fireblade, 4 shield drones and the riptide. Then paint all of them.

I'm working on the coldstar and an XV9 right now. The XV9's scheme is a bit of a chore but once I get this one done the rest are the same-ish scheme, just changing a colour or two.

Sorry for the bad lighting, but here is a preview pict.

Yf29wip3

Vf31wip3

I'm going to try and see if once the SCD is done I can get a game with it, just to try it.

Future projects for this one:
adding sniper drones and a commander w/ drone controller
Redo the shield drones for the SCD, something flatter, as well as constructing lighting cages so they can link up
Make and paint at least one more XV9, might do a total of five if I have the parts.

I'm going to place this as a softball army. Something for fun that won't stomp a competent player. Mostly for narratives and if someone is looking for a training match versus Tau.

It was awesome to get this idea out of my head and onto the field.

Might look into 3D printing and designing too to make more variations on the ghost drones I built. At least since the engines of the main (marker) drone can only be found in a $60 kit. Their the maneuvering thrusters from the commander kit.

Really enjoying the event, keeps the momentum going and great to see everyones progress.

I've also been reading more of the codex lore. As a newbie to sisters is really great. 

My work this week was the Repentia Squad (with Superior).

Given that my pledge was a patrol I'll work on the Canoness next to make sure I have met the minimum (although Taddeus technically counts as a HQ,  I really want a sister leading my force).

More to come soon.

1044241-Order%20Of%20The%20Bloody%20Rose

I played with my Orks for the first time this weekend. We had a relaxed introductory game with 6 players with 500 pts each. Me and my regular opponent were the only ones who play 40k and the rest are friends that just want to roll some dice and drink beer. The armies besides mine were randomly selected via dice rolls. So on my team we had imp guard, slaanesh daemons and my Orks. Against this was Ultra marines, dark eldar and Imp guard. No relics, psychic or stratagems were used.

My force consisted of 10 Lootas, 23 Boys slugga/choppas, one deffkopta, 10 grots and one warboss with Deathskulls clan trait.

Our armies were pretty tailored for CC and we had a hard time surviving all the shooting. Especially the Slaneesh deamon army. My boys got a scalp when the lootas blew up a Dark eldar transport and the archon(?) died. After that my Lootas were targeted but held on despite losses. Rest of my boys slowly advanced to get in choppa range. The deffkopta blew up by a Land speeder and my boyz chopped up some dark eldar and then died to 4 different units firing at them. In the end I had two boyz/nob left who made a glorious charge up a ladder and died to overwatch. My regular opponent now know about Lootas and that boyz hit hard. My warboss couldnt get to grips with da enemy before we lost. I definitely want to paint up some shoota boyz and get some more fast units. When I will play regular games later on Da jump and other strats will make it easier to get to grips with the enemy. Boyz only have a t-shirt save but can still tank a quite few hits.

And even though I tried not too, I had to shout a waaagh when the boyz successfully charged.:blush.: Orks are fun to play with the dakk dakka and mob rule etc.

YFF3ETj.jpgL86XmEX.jpg

Edited by Azaiel

Vossyvo, nice work and congrats on the completion, the Canoness looks surprisingly tall compared to the rest. Is it just the pose or did you artificially add height to the base?

Did you want to make a further vow? You can vow one unit at a time via an Auxiliary Support Detachment if you haven’t got time or the parts for a larger detachment.

Azaiel, glad to hear you enjoyed your first battle, and while it might have been a loss Orks don’t really care for such tactical things as long as it was a good scrap, and by the sounds of it was. Better luck next time and yes some Stratagems would certainly help, or trucks :tongue.: Thank you for sharing.

There are just over two weeks left!

While we have had a fair few completions so far there is still plenty of work that needs attention from the rest of us (myself included).

I have listed all participants who I think still have their initial vow outstanding. If you have completed your vow and I missed it please point me in the right direction.

List of participants with outstanding initial Vowes

01RTB01: Dark Eldar - Vow - Patrol
Arkhanist: Death Guard - Vow - Patrol
Blackheart1223: Space Marine (Astral Claws) - Vow -Patrol
Custom Hero: Space Marine (Knights of Lydda (Custom)) - Vow - Patrol
FlackMonkey - Adepta Sororitas - Vow – Patrol
Heckus: Genestealer Cult - Vow - Outrider
Larkyn: Space Wolves - Vow - Patrol
Nusphigor: Chaos Space Marine (Night Lords)- Vow - Patrol
Overwhelming Odds: Grey Knights - Vow - Battalion
point_Zer0: Adeptus Titanicus - Vow - Super Heavy Auxiliary
Slave to Darkness: Imperial Guard - Vow - Vanguard
TrawlingCleaner: Death Guard - Vow - Patrol
Trokair: Adepta Sororitas - Vow - Patrol

Lets get in gear for the last two weeks and get this list down to zero!

Vossyvo, nice work and congrats on the completion, the Canoness looks surprisingly tall compared to the rest. Is it just the pose or did you artificially add height to the base?

Did you want to make a further vow? You can vow one unit at a time via an Auxiliary Support Detachment if you haven’t got time or the parts for a larger detachment.

Hey Trokair,

No there isn't any elevation on the Canoness. I'll grab a closer photo next time I have them off the shelf, but I did stand her next to a standard sister for a closer look. Her head is pretty much level, so might just be the mantle above/around her face and that she is a bit further foward in the photo. That said the sisters are a bit taller than Taddeus (height wise, not girth haha).

This is what I have left to paint in terms of Adepta Sororitas:

- Pious Vorne

- 3 Arco-Flagellants

- 5 Battle Sisters

- 1 Mark 1B Pattern Rhino (which I really want to paint up as a Sisters Rhino right now, really feel like painting a vehicle, but thinking I shouldn't paint it until I have some of the new release sisters kits for conversion parts or it will be rather bland).

So I will extend my vow to include the below, which should be achieveable for me (I'm also working on a Custodes force for a friend at the moment too):

- 3 Arco-Flagellants

- 5 Battle Sisters

Again thanks for running this, great fun!

Looking forward to seeing your sisters, the ministorum models were great.

I literally have about an hours work to do on my vow, I just can't be bothered at the moment, sick of looking at grey (doesn't help I am painting Space Wolves with exactly the same paints). Just need to get my head together and push through to get it done. 

While I'm about to finish the Battalion there's one.... Issue. I don't know if the third 10-man squad will have heads :lol:

Forge World was having issues with placing my order, so I'm waiting until this Thursday/Friday before trying again.

I've decided to turn that Dark Imperium set into Space Wolves. They're getting some stuff come Saga of the Beast - if it's doctrines, they'll be run with my Raven Guard, if it's not, they'll be run with my Custodes. I can turn Dark Imperium (minus the Ancient, who is still going to the Raven Guard) into a thousand-point Wolves army using a Blood Claws box and some careful building. I'll have to build the following to get the 15-model, highly modular, 260-point Grey Hunters squad out of the box:

9 Wolves with Boltguns/Bolt Pistols/chainswords out of the MK III kit if I can get them,

3 Wolves with Plasma/Bolt Pistol/chainsword,

1 Wolf with Boltgun/Plasma Pistol/Chainsword,

1 Wolf with Plasma Pistol, Thunder Hammer and Wolf Standard,

1 Wolf with Boltgun, Plasma Pistol, Power Fist.

That'll leave me with a ton of bits to convert the Intercessors, Hellblasters, Wolf Lord in Gravis, etc., and give me a huge amount of space with what I can do with my army in the future. I can divide the unit into three Grey Hunters squads with one plasma gun each, using the plasma pistol guy as a third pack leader, or I can use it all as one fifteen-model squad. Note that I'm not abandoning the Raven Guard, and they are remaining my main project, but I'm simply branching out a bit.

I have a game later today. As far as my vow goes, I am going to miss completion. Pesky real life and rainy weather has held me back some. I do plan to finish, but it will not be on time.

True to my word though, I posted that if I could not meet my vow on time I would allow you, my fellow hobbyists, decide what I must do to atone. I still have most of the painting to do as well as assembling the scouts on horseback, a storm talon, and the land speeder transport. Be thinking about it and let me know.

I've decided to turn that Dark Imperium set into Space Wolves. 

Welcome to the Fang brother, here is your complimentary cask of Mjod and you go pee pee over that lamp post there. 

Vossyvo, I see, she just looked so tall. I guess it is important to be seen.

I would wait on the rhino as well, being able to spruce it up would make it fit in much more.
Have fun with the five sisters and three Arcos.

As for my sisters, I hope to have a update picture in a day or two, and I have had an idea for a basin scheme so I am currently testing that on four square fantasy bases. Not sure if it will work as I imagined or if I will even I’ll have time to do it on the sisters but at least I will know rather than theory crafting.

Slave to Darkness, come on you can do it! I know that it can be hard to be motivated at times but to be so close to the end you can work through this. Its only 5 minutes a day!

Gederas, oh that’s annoying, which heads are you trying to get?

Zephaniah Adriyen, sounds like you have your next project already lined up. “For Russ!”

Custom Hero, so sorry to hear that, let us see where you have gotten by the end of February. While I hope to finish my vow in time I have a lot more (well almost the entire army) of my Sisters to go so I will also be continuing after the event.

Good luck with your game and let us know how it went.

Gederas, oh that’s annoying, which heads are you trying to get?

Night Lords Legion Terror Squad Upgrade Pack. It's just Forge World was timing out when I got to the payment part, so I'm gonna try again tomorrow.

Maybe it has something to do with the webstore pulls they were doing yesterday?

It's been going on since Friday. My friend pointed out that the error message is basically saying the security certificate is outdated and is making Google think anything being purchased on Forge World's website is a scam and not letting the payment be processed :laugh.:

I've emailed them about it, hopefully it'll be resolved soon....

Edit: So, apparently it's just the computer I'm on. Because I successfully did it on the other computer in my house. Odd.

Edited by Gederas