Ritual of the Damned - Psychic Awakening

Berwald

I too had taken the leaks as gospel, because the leaks were both named and written exactly as you would expect them to be. GW use some very specific wording, and all the leaks matched with that wording.

So...looks like my purchase yesterday of 4 Landspeeders was justified :D

I too had taken the leaks as gospel, because the leaks were both named and written exactly as you would expect them to be. GW use some very specific wording, and all the leaks matched with that wording.

So...looks like my purchase yesterday of 4 Landspeeders was justified :biggrin.:

I bought some more bikes and got my speeders out to fix up. I'm all excited, like a kid.

I'm gonna grab another LSV along with 4x Landspeeder Typhoons. Speeder Squad!

I'm still holding out for them to differentiate Interrogator Chaplains somehow, I suppose I'll have to wait for youtubers to do their reviews.

Edited by Neuralshock

So...looks like my purchase yesterday of 4 Landspeeders was justified :biggrin.:

I bought some more bikes and got my speeders out to fix up. I'm all excited, like a kid.

I'm gonna grab another LSV along with 4x Landspeeder Typhoons. Speeder Squad!

excellent-emperor-palpatine-meme.png

Anyone know how infiltrators 12" bubble interacts with the 6" new strat

GW addressed this in the Shadowspear FAQ.

The example was between GSC and and Infiltrators... but they worded in a way that should apply here too.

Spoiler... Rules that permit something are applied first, followed by rules that deny something.... which means that the Infiltrators rule always takes affect over other deployment shenanigans.

Step 1: Exterminate the Infiltrators with extreme prejudice.

Step 2: Zoom the Ravenwing.

Step 3: Summon the Deathwing.

Step 4: Deploy stasis cages.

Step 5: Interrogation... with extreme prejudice.

I suppose the question is, now that we've Relentless Hunt, what are the best option for step 1 if you're worried about Infiltrators? I'd lean towards heavy bolters and autocannons; maybe toss on Catechism of Fire (assuming the Infiltrators are forward deployed). Predator Destructors with heavy bolter sponsons may see a resurgence.

Guest MistaGav

Are landspeeders going to be good now then? I still think they are a bit too expensive and fragile for what they offer and if the LSV has that dumb overcharge rule then it's still rubbish in my eyes.

Now that we have a way to move and shoot heavy weapons without penalty alleviates one of the existing problems. Adding 6” to the range of a Heavy Flamer means that you can now reasonably send them against both chaff and also flyers. Plus 50” reach on a multi melta is not bad for taking out back line vehicles.

Are landspeeders going to be good now then? I still think they are a bit too expensive and fragile for what they offer and if the LSV has that dumb overcharge rule then it's still rubbish in my eyes.

the vengeance is actually incredibly killy, brother gunum makes a strong case for it here as the vengeance could have deleted some of the biggest threats on the table alone had the dice cooperated. i think its a situational weapon, tank guardsmen is going to dump all over it or imperial knights, so use your ehad in regards to deploying it. but the vengeance can absolutely maul some threats. in addition the standard typhoon speeder has proven itself a reliable missile chassis in the past and does so today, it was always fragile and cheap, its never been devoid of that problem. its about making effective use of the time it has, not worrying about how long youve got. 

Edited by aura_enchanted

Are Talonmasters not the answer to infiltrators? 12 S6 AP-2 at 30”and 6 S5 AP-2 at 42” shots, all ignoring cover?

Are Talonmasters not the answer to infiltrators? 12 S6 AP-2 at 30”and 6 S5 AP-2 at 42” shots, all ignoring cover?

Definitely an option. My gut went with the Predator Destructor because of the D2 autocannon. Not sure how much of a difference that would make versus the Talonmaster's higher shot output and ignore cover.

Pair them with Flyers, perhaps?

Here's the list of PA3 stratagems from the Codex Space Marines that we should get too in PA4 :

Duty Eternal (1 CP) : When a Dreadnought is chosen as the target for an attack, until the end of the phase, it takes half the damage inflicted, rounding up.

Veterans Intercessors (1/2 CP) : +1 attack, +1 leadership to a unit of Intercessors. Costs 1 for a 5 man unit, and 2 for a unit of 6 or more

Fury of the First (1 CP) : A Terminator unit gains +1 to hit until the end of that phase.

Hunter Slayer Missile (1 CP) : Target an enemy vehicle or monster within 48" of a Repulsor and not within 1" of an ally. Roll a dice. If it is equal to or greater than the Repulsor's Ballistic Skill (meaning it ignores modifiers to hit), the enemy unit takes d3 mortal wounds. One use per Repulsor.

Rapid Fire (2 CP) : At the start of the shooting phase, pick a squad of Intercessors. Until the end of the phase, that squad's Bolt rifles become Rapid Fire 2.

Big Guns Never Tire (1 CP) : Select a Vehicle; until the end of the phase, that unit does not suffer the penalty for moving and firing heavy weapons.

Hero of the Chapter (1 CP) : One use only. Select a Character from your army that's not your warlord and determine a warlord trait for it.

Transhuman Physiology (2 CP) : Select something with the Adeptus Astartes keyword that is not a Vehicle or Servitor, until the end of the phase, when resolving an attack made against that unit, an unmodified wound roll below a 4+ always fails, irrespective of the abilities the weapon or model may have.

Vengeance of the Machine Spirit (2 CP) : If a Land Raider, Stormraven, or Repulsor is destroyed, it can either auto-explode, shoot one last time, or attack in melee one last time. In the latter two cases, it acts as if it was at the top bracket of its damage chart.

Steady Advance (1 CP) : Move an Infantry unit and Bolter Discipline will be applied as if they remained stationary.

Hammer of Wrath (1 CP) : Jump pack models within a unit that successfully end a charge move within 1" of an enemy unit cause mortal wounds on a 5+.

Target Sighted (3 CP) : At the start of the shooting phase, pick a squad of Intercessors. Until the end of the phase, that squad's stalker bolt rifles gain the ability to snipe Characters and cause mortal wounds on a wound roll of 6+.

Bolt Storm (2 CP) : At the start of the shooting phase, pick a squad of Intercessors. Until the end of the phase, that squad's Auto bolt rifles automatically hit if they target an enemy within half range.

Gene Wrought Might (1 CP) : When a Primaris Infantry unit from your army has chosen to fight, until the end of the phase, when resolving an attack made with a melee weapon a hit roll of 6+ automatically hits and wounds.