Psychic Awakening: The Ritual of the Damned

darkseren1ty

Time Flux: Warp Charge 5, return 1 Cult of Time INFANTRY model back to the unit.. 9+ unmodified casting result gives you d3.

Ok i need a break. That's enough internet. See ya'll next week. I can't handle it. It's literally the one thing I wanted for Rubrics and Scarabs.

/Sweatingmeme

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/14/ritual-of-the-damned-faction-focus-thousand-sonsgw-homepage-post-4/

Edited by Archaeinox

I don't know....a part from the single Time flux spell which looks decent (all though doesn't really have good targets in the army for, maybe just SoT but they are very MEH) every single other things shown is pretty terrible? 

Ofc no passive bonus of any type, which might have helped for real given that most models in our army don't really have a chapter trait

Yup, this is sad.

One good spell, a start that is already accomplished with the crystal, a gimmick warlord trait, and a relic.

And although the relic is honestly crazy, bring locked to a cult, that as far as we know means merely one spell, one WT and one relic, means we don't get much millage as our few new toys are tied in very spesific bundles.

I'm going to hold onto hope that some of the other cults have some badassery. Gw has been known to troll and show one good, and the rest of the news being mediocre. The warlord trait to reposition is nice, since it happens at the start of the battle round after you know who is first. I thinks that's super handy. Move magnus to a better position and whatnot.

I can see us taking 2 detachments to make use of the two best cults.

Wouldn't panic about the selections being a little weak - the CSM preview for Faith & Fury was mostly garbage and the book turned out to be great. That being said, it's still an article disappointingly light on content. I also echo the above concern about the "bundles" not being great - if that is the case then it will minimize the net benefit.

Hopefully some of the other stratagems are really tasty. A +1D inferno bolt stratagem would be fantastic

The detatchment limitation is a bummer but not a shocker.

I am probably not alone in that we run a lot of Psykers so specializing in 1-3 cults to complement your list and playstyle still has potential.

Is this considered a bonus spell or does it replace smite? Seems like its another option.

The crest seems very cool and I look forward to seeing what other goodies the cults get as only a portion of 3 cults were shown and one strat.

As far as the strat is concerned I am thinking there will be one that compliments our shooting though to preview it would be similair to the GK preview perhaps.

I am all for movement shenanigans so as a strat and warlord trait I don't mind the overlap with webway. I bet the rumor of a unit swap spell is true and welcome in my list.

Though I typically dont run more than 2 detatchments.

Glad for the Time Flux, easy cast and combined with Caballistic Ritual 9 is not to far off. Especially if we get a strat that manupulates casting.

Using that crest on Time Flux would have been sweet though. (Oops unmodified so nevermind). Still Time Flux great for SOTs, etc...

Edited by Skerr

As a note, the redeploy is only in your deployment zone so no RG style tricks, also for this one-off you give up the warlord trait and we have no way to take more then 1.

Also time flux is 9+ unmodified which means it doesn't work with cabalistic focus nor Ahriman innate +1 and probably not with the new relic eighter :(

Your right I modified my post on that.

Though the warlord trait is a one trick pony you could place SOTs then redeploy them into reserves for some mind jobbing fun.

Ahriman is almost always my warlord anyway.

Edited by Skerr

A couple things that may have been overlooked:

1) Detachments belong to Cults. That means every unit in the Detachment gets that Cult keyword.

2) The article says they are psychic powers / stratagems / warlord traits for every Cult. We should be seeing more in the final release.

I'm not quite sure what to think about what we've seen so far. Duplicitous Tactician would certainly help my army, but I'm wondering if there will be restrictions on named characters having to join specific Cults. And I'm wondering if your whole army has to be TS to get access to Cults.

Skerr I see you creepin on my FB post asking about Ahriman lol.

Speaking of FB, there's more on there about the Cult of Duplicity.

Warlord Trait is repeated, but there is a "remove and redeploy" spell and a book Relic that gives a Command Point on a 4+ at the start of a battle round, but if you roll a 1, your opponent gets one instead.

Helm of the Third Eye just got benched for a fair few players, I think.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch

Warlord Trait is repeated, but there is a "remove and redeploy" spell and a book Relic that gives a Command Point on a 4+ at the start of a battle round, but if you roll a 1, your opponent gets one instead.

Looks like a Cult of Duplicity dump. Oops you said that all ready. Edited by Skerr

Cult of Duplicity a Mutalith and Tzaangors 9 inches away from enemy on T1 for RR tcharges 8 inch charge (with instrument or whatever). That's not a bad option.

Based on what's shown it's a null depoly army that can't null deploy, so far.

Be interested to see what else is out there. I hope these cults get their own auras that effect thousand sons, not just their cult alone.

Cult of Duplicity a Mutalith and Tzaangors 9 inches away from enemy on T1 for RR tcharges 8 inch charge (with instrument or whatever). That's not a bad option.

Be interested to see what else is out there. I hope these cults get their own auras that effect thousand sons, not just their cult alone.

I was really hoping for that but don't think so.

Looking forward to the whole shebang there might be some very cool synergies that become apparent after this. Like the one you mentioned.

Why? The helm is far better.

The helm goes off on a 5 when your opponent spends CP. The book just goes off automatically on a 4 regardless of what your opponent does and still works even if neither you nor your opponent have CP. I prefer that reliability to being dependent on my opponent, especially against armies who expect to be out of CP by turn 2. I get that there's a risk on a 1 and I get that the helm lets you roll once per stratagem, but it can still only yield 1 CP per battle round and only in your opponent's turn. Watching batreps, I routinely see Blood Angels, Grey Knights, GSC, and other "CP hungry" armies totally empty their clip by the end of Turn 2/beginning of Turn 3.

Will everyone agree with that assessment? No. That's why I said "fair few" rather than everyone.

Edited by GreaterChickenofTzeentch

The helm goes off on a 5 when your opponent spends CP. The book just goes off automatically on a 4 regardless of what your opponent does and still works even if neither you nor your opponent have CP. I prefer that reliability to being dependent on my opponent, especially against armies who expect to be out of CP by turn 2. I get that there's a risk on a 1 and I get that the helm lets you roll once per stratagem, but it can still only yield 1 CP per battle round and only in your opponent's turn. Watching batreps, I routinely see Blood Angels, Grey Knights, GSC, and other "CP hungry" armies totally empty their clip by the end of Turn 2/beginning of Turn 3.

Will everyone agree with that assessment? No. That's why I said "fair few" rather than everyone.

Cash in Gaze of Fate for that 1.

I thought the helm was FAQ to only one cp per round?

What about possible combos?

Risen, combined with Webway, maybe Duplicity war lord trait, DMC and your opponents head might spin.

Edited by Skerr

That's a cool use of the spell, but I'd prefer to yank a unit out of combat a la Veil of Darkness so that I can murder the poor fools who charged me.