NiftyVT's Blood Angels!

NiftyVT

Would that be a whole Death Company Battle Barge?? This is definitely taking transporting DC to a whole another level :D

Mostly play Heresy Gothic fan supplement so no death company here. =) In the fan supplement the BA like to get in close and use their guns (they always get a good shift on the gun table so can throw some serious dice!). So I wanted the ships to look like void stalkers running dark to avoid detection so they can get in close.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The shading looks very good, very natural despite being almost black. Is that oil-based paint? Very smooth!

Also, good use on those decals!

I use an enamel called Dark Brown from AK interactive to do all of the shading. Their armor is also airbrushed up from a dark brown to the red. I zenathal up from the base color to the red so they are naturally darker in the recesses even before the enamel.

I really like your gold.

What paint do you use ?

Gold is Vallejo Metal Color Airbrush Colors Copper. I then wash it with either a brown or black acrylic wash depending on how dark I want it to be. Then the Dark Brown enamel over it, that's it. The helmets got a little highlight with Vallejo Metal Color Airbrush Colors Gold and were just washed with the Dark Brown enamel.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a little random inspiration for how to attach Mehpiston to his base when I was rummaging around my hobby area. I happened on some really old Warhammer metal movement trays that I made way back in the day. I decided to cut a bit of one of the trays off and glue it into the bottom of Mephistons terrain base bit. Then I just added a magnet to his awesome display base (from Dragon Forge Design) and to his standard gaming base. Thats it! Easy and works great. Much better than trying to line up opposing magnets. 

49806804257_10e0ce0520_c.jpg20200422_140329 by nifty, on Flickr

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had tons of fun painting up Mephiston. I could easily spend a couple more hours on him but I am picking up Iluminator Szeras tomorrow and my goal is to finish him before the Indomitus box comes in. :teehee:  So, this is a good exercise in 'when to call it done and put the brush down.' He is magnetized so I can stick him on a regular gaming base as needed.

50073137986_4a50f8c902_c.jpg20200703_171507 by nifty, on Flickr

Excellent work. Where'd you get the giant skull on his base? And is the skull meant to be a sculpture, or a fossil, i.e., the planet he's fighting on once had monsters whose skulls resemble a human's scaled-up?

Thanks!

Base is from Dragon Forge Design. Its just a big stone statue I suppose.

Edited by NiftyVT