NiftyVT's Blood Angels!

NiftyVT

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Waiting on Dante and I added my name to the list an my FLGS for the Leviathan box. 

I was going to split the box but decided to keep both sides. I played Tyranids WAY back in the day. Anyone remember when the very first plastic carnifex came out or the all metal Ravenors? WelI I do. :laugh: I still have an Old One Eye (part metal part plastic) and an original screamer killer carnifex around here somewhere. So expect a new thread for my reborn Tyranids when the box drops (anyone up for some Alien xenomorphs?!) .

Anyways back to the BA. My plan for the next phase of my BA is to have a Dante honor guard type of a force. So lots of gold/brass marines with my signature Red as an accent. Red inside shoulder pads and knee pads, that type of thing. Sternguard might be red bodies gold helmets like the classic (3rd edition) honor guard. Just brain storming here. 

I also ordered close combat arms from a company called 'The Custom Bit' to turn one of my Redemptors into a Brutalis to make, you know, a really sweet Death Company Dread! I also splurged on some Liber Deamonica BA bits (also Death Company dread parts in here) as well as a ton of stuff from Conversion World (which is closing down beginning of next month so go get your bits!). My conversion world order was pure FOMO lol, tons of hands, spears, shields, swords and shoulder pads.

• 2 weeks later...

So, BA and big stompy Dark Mech robots are going to be my focus for 10th. Building stuff is by far the favorite part of the hobby besides playing. For my BA I have been converting as many of my Black Templars over to BA as I can. My giant bits order is slowly trickling in, and everything is on the way but its coming from all over the world so its taking a bit.

Dread with Liber Deamonica BT parts. I carved out the BT specific things and added some BA stuff. Liber BA dread parts have arrived and they are going on a Brutalis which will be a Death Company Dread.

52904675104_c8c40af8d5_c.jpg

BT Sword Brethren into BA Bladeguard! Just removing the BT bits and adding some BA dangly bits. I have shields and weapons from Liber for them.

52903943187_06eddd64e3_c.jpg

Shout out to the Custom Bit for the sweet Brutalis dread arms and accessories. Only took 2 weeks from order to get from Spain to east coast USA. These are going on my spare Redemptor from the Black Templar army box I got at my FLGS black friday sale last year (got the box for like $50!). If my Leviathan box comes through then I will have 2 stock Redemptors, 1 Brutalis, 1 rifleman Redemptor, 3 metal box dreads, 1 plastic box dread and 2 conteptors. Hmmmm, looks like I need some leviathan dreads lol.

52906427467_ea03a80868_c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 4:44 AM, Spyros said:

The standard bearer is badass!

Is it inspired from this classic artwork?

Thanks and yep, the banner guy is based off that artwork. I originally had him built as a Black Templar but I lost the drive to get the BTs started so I remade him into a BA.

On 6/8/2023 at 7:41 AM, Blindhamster said:

oooh I love those! very cool!

Thanks! And notice that the banner bearer got a jump pack! Yes, I bought an extra Dante just for the pack. But I have a local shop that had a buy one get one 50% off sale on everything in the shop and they happened to have 2 Dantes so I figured "why the heck not!" :laugh:

All those guys and my Brutalis dread have all been primed! I am also rethinking my Dates Guard paint scheme. I was flipping through my old books (back to the old school Angels of Death book) and I think I am going to paint them like the old school Honor Guard. So red bodies with gold helmets. Maybe mix in some Heresy Dawnbreaker style black accents to denote squads. 

1 hour ago, Blindhamster said:

using him as a counts as sanguinary ancient I guess? Its a very nice model!

Thats the hope anyways. Fingers crossed we get primaris sang guard soon!

11 hours ago, NiftyVT said:

I am going to try and make my 2nd Dante into a Sanguinor. I have never really liked the stock model so never got one. I just need to figure out where to get wings for him. 

Sanguinary Guard jump pack is probably the easiest place.

14 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Sanguinary Guard jump pack is probably the easiest place.

I have lots of those and they are to small. I want him to have epic Sanguinious like wings. I think I found some just need to order.  I want him to have a spear and sword too. Basically going for a Sanguinious like Sanguinor. I also need to come up with an alternate base so he is different from Dante. 

Edited by NiftyVT

• 4 months later...

Got him glued up. Just need to heat form the fingers closed and get out the green stuff for some gap filling. I also need to figure out what to do with the back pack. With the wings a standard backpack just doesnt fit. Maybe a single thruster jump pack? Not really sure.

The curved flight wire he is perched on is going to turn into a long purity seal. At least thats the plan.

53321960232_087685c659_c.jpg

53323292245_4c7e84316a_c.jpg