Back to Badab: A Badab War Community Log - Kill Team Edition

Dosjetka

Thanks all, I appreciate the various suggestions. However, I can only pick one Chapter and I find myself agreeing with this post:

Something about the lone Terminator makes me think of Fire Hawks. I feel like you could go a long way really playing up the knightly heraldry theme.

I've always liked the Fire Hawks' colour scheme and lore, so I think I'll settle with them. :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is a little unexpected but hey, it's paint on a model that fits the Badab War theme so I'm not going to complain much!

gallery_45765_11678_280099.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_45765_11678_151628.jpg

gallery_45765_11678_297682.jpg

gallery_45765_11678_101683.jpg

Big thanks to @occulobe over on Instagram for the green and yellow recipes. :thumbsup:

Fire Hawks soon...?

• 4 weeks later...

So I know aeons ago I promised to do some Fire Hawks and Astral Claws and then...never made any.

Well, I got something for y'all today.

IH7EeOf.jpg?1
676dnws.jpg?1
1U7awXN.jpg?2

That's right, Asterion Moloc 2.0! Took me about 11 hours and involved splicing the OG Moloc shins onto Calas Typhon's legs, the front of his torso to the back of FW Abaddon's torso, graft his arms onto the new Chaos Terminator hands for better scale, replacing his spear haft with some CSM bit, replace the spear tip with a long OOP Khemri Spear, the small laser emitter next to it was replaced with some Skitarii bit from Forgeworld and a few more things I am probably forgetting.

Really, really happy with him. I think he is one of the best things I have ever made.

• 3 weeks later...

On the table now.

The Caestus is going to bridge the gap between 30K Imperial Fists and my Executioners.  To do so I will be going with the HH Imperial Fist black/grey scheme with Fafnir Rann's Assault Cadre iconography.  This can be excused thanks to the use of the Caestus in void warfare as well as surface warfare.  I will find a spot, or two, or three to magnetize to allow me to swap Chapter symbols for multiple use.

In the pics are a Chaplain in Terminator Armor, Termies for an Assault Squad, and several Marines to bulk up other units I have already built/painted from the past.

Plasma

CombiPlasma

CombiMelta

Heavy Bolter

BogStandard

ChaplainTermie

Termie6

Termie5

Termie4

Termie3

Termie2

Termie1

Caestus 2

Caestus

I do need to get a family photo done with all my Executioners on display some day!

Wow, love those guys! The combi-plasma veteran, the souped up heavy bolter, and the enraptured pose on the Terminator Chaplain are special standouts for me. Can't wait to see you paint that Caestus! How was the assembly process for it?

Wow, love those guys! The combi-plasma veteran, the souped up heavy bolter, and the enraptured pose on the Terminator Chaplain are special standouts for me. Can't wait to see you paint that Caestus! How was the assembly process for it?

Thanks! This was a salvage that I had from a year ago. I finally got around to dealing with clean up and attempted to correct some of the assembly. It horrible, and it turned out decent!

Glad you like the models. I tend to convert here and there and add sculpted areas, or mix kits for variety lol

• 4 weeks later...