New stuff!

Fajita Fan

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/29/new-reveals-from-nuremberggw-homepage-post-1/

Nemesis titan?  Bleh, ugly.

Terrain?  I can make that myself but I love the design of the crane so thanks for the inspiration.

"This new supplement details the Crusade of Iron following the Betrayal at Calth, expanding on the background for various Legions. It contains rules for the Psi-Titans of Ordo Sinister"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have a new Warlord on the sprue sitting 2' from me to be a psi-titan, gotta get this sucker built.  And are those stones being used to counterweight the crane?  Really?

Edited by Fajita Fan

I'm really curious about the Warbringer's artillery potential in a game so often about manoeuvring around terrain to gain line of sight, being able to hit enemy Titans in cover with something other than apoc missiles is really interesting.

Also wondering whether it's AA guns will have any role in game? I'm kinda hoping they provide a save against barrage weapons, using them to shoot down apocalypse missiles is such a cool idea

Edited by Iron Hands Fanatic

This is super exciting! The Warbringer will fill an interesting niche, I think. And it's great that its arms are interchangeable with Reaver's. Not quite as versatile as a dedicated fire support Warlord, but presumably more maneuverable and cheaper. I'm envisioning taking one and running my Reavers a bit more aggressively, as I usually have a Volcano Reaver for anti-knight duties in smaller games, which can get tricky in terms of reactor management late-game. Can't wait to see the stats for it.

And that's a great starter box, too. Wish they had had that when I was starting.

I'm really curious about the Warbringer's artillery potential in a game so often about manoeuvring around terrain to gain line of sight, being able to hit enemy Titans in cover with something other than apoc missiles is really interesting.

Well the chassis is somewhere between a 250pt Reaver and 385 Warlord, let's call it 300-315pts because it's got slabs of armor and I assume a bigger reactor.  Now add a volcano, laser blaster, and quake (70pts), that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 370-380 sitting in the backfield.  Compared to a typical 460pt Sniperlord that's not a bad investment to park in the backfield.  I really wonder if there'll be an arm mounted missile to help with long range shooting because that laserblaster probably won't fire more than once or twice all game if it sits back there...

I pulled out the pieces to make my psi-titan gun arm. :biggrin.:

I have a new Warlord on the sprue sitting 2' from me to be a psi-titan, gotta get this sucker built. And are those stones being used to counterweight the crane? Really?

They look like concrete blocks as a counterweight - just like real world tower cranes!

I love all of it - definitely getting a Nemesis for my Fureans battlegroup!

I'm now speculating wildly about what Maniple formats we might get for the Warbringer - a Warlord & Warbringer heavy maniple is probably a given, but a maniple composed of Warhounds & Warbringers would be neat. Either letting the Warbringer(s) ignore the -2 to Hit from the Barrage rule (which presumably its quake cannon will have) when targeting within a certain distance of the Warhounds (acting like spotters), or maybe with the whole maniple acting in a scouting role, with the quake cannon's shells used to echo-locate titans and boosting to Hit rolls within a certain distance of wherever they scatter. 

the quake cannon's shells used to echo-locate titans and boosting to Hit rolls within a certain distance of wherever they scatter. 

I laughed.

Warbringer: firing echo location shot

Warhound 1: roger

[distant boom]

Warbringer: auspex is showing less movement

Warhound 2: yeah, you hit Todd

Oh well, just when you think you've got enough titans...

The new starter set is great. Much better than the GME, with far more variety of models and weapons. Should probably cost around £100, or perhaps a bit more. The contents is similar to the battlegroup, but with a second reaver and cerastus instead of the warlord - and a load of accessories. In any case I don't actually need one, as I've got loads of the stuff in it and two rulebooks already.

But Psi titans and warbringers are things I can get behind. Here's hoping I can do a better job of sticking the legs together than the guy in their studio. Weirdly, it goes on sale the day of the event at Warhammer World, so I guess we'll be able to buy all the new stuff there but not use it.

Yeah we have an event at the same time as none of us got tickets for WHW, next time we will know to aim for the week after lol 

Very excited for more titan variants, getting two is verrrry nice :) 

Cool! I'm very excited all around. Except for Ordo Sinister. Everything else seems great. It's going to be interesting to see more Traitor Titan Legios and Knight Houses associated with the Shadow Crusade other than Infernus and Audax. The Loyalists already have a dearth of possibilities in Praesagius, Oberon, Lysande, Vornherr, and now I guess the Ordo Sinister as well?

What are the odds that the Warbringer's carapace mount has a 9" minimum (scale 9, between the Reaver and Warlord) and a corridor firing arc? I'm guessing 5/7" or 5/8" movement, too. I don't know if it's going to have any kind of indirect fire option, either? I didn't see any statement to that effect but I could have missed it. I also really want to know if it can run the Reaver CCWs, for, uh, reasons.

I wonder if the Warbringer kit will come with 2 tiny spotter guys for the top deck, like the top deck crew on the 40k Warbringer kit? 

I cant see any in the preview picture (although their spotter telescopes are there), so possibly not but would be so cool if it did :D

I really like that starter. I was considering getting reaver and warhounds, guess I drop that plan and just wait.

Kind of disappointed only one kind of psychic titans though, I really hoped Legio Xestobiax would be first as unlike Sinister they don't even need upgrade bits. Also, psychic reavers. Mm-mm :ph34r.:

And are those stones being used to counterweight the crane?  Really?

Out of curiosity, what did you expect? Skulls? :whistling:

Real life cranes use concrete slabs because they are cheap, don't stop working if the power is cut, and no big loss if you have to emergency drop them:

Two-Raimondi-flattop-tower-cranes-erecte