New stuff!

Fajita Fan

The starter set is like £75 from most online retailers?

Yes, and I took 2 to start with AT. I added a knight household box and a warminger (I like the look of it). In the near future, I'll add 2 warlors and I'll be done for 2 full armies with so many builds (maybe I'll just add a pair of warhounds). I think this is the cheapest game that give 2 full armies with many 1750 pts builds at this price! (about 330£ with the 2 warlords!)

Yeah, it’s £72 from Dark Sphere. I can understand if your friends were put off by the cost of the Grandmaster Edition, but if they don’t think two Reavers, two Warhounds, two Cerastus, the rulebook and all the gaming accessories is worth 70-odd quid, I honestly don’t know what they’re comparing it to!

The new starter...is the single best starting army set GW has put out for like decades. It’s $150 US and it’s a full 1,250 point force - and not like a janky “sure you *technically* can field this an army” but a robust selection of units and their weapons that have multiple play options. Plus the rules and stuff. What more do people want? o_0

The starter set is like £75 from most online retailers?

Yes, and I took 2 to start with AT. I added a knight household box and a warminger (I like the look of it). In the near future, I'll add 2 warlors and I'll be done for 2 full armies with so many builds (maybe I'll just add a pair of warhounds). I think this is the cheapest game that give 2 full armies with many 1750 pts builds at this price! (about 330£ with the 2 warlords!)

Yeah, it’s £72 from Dark Sphere. I can understand if your friends were put off by the cost of the Grandmaster Edition, but if they don’t think two Reavers, two Warhounds, two Cerastus, the rulebook and all the gaming accessories is worth 70-odd quid, I honestly don’t know what they’re comparing it to!

100% agreed I was going to buy a 2nd rules set before this set dropped. paying £42 more for 2 Reavers, 2 Warhounds and 2 Cerastus is just a no brainer for me.

Agreed. I'm thinking of getting a couple more warhounds. The new starter set is such a good deal that it's hard to say no to getting two more reavers and knights at the same time, for so little extra. I'm sure my Mortis could make use of them, eventually.

For now though, must not buy more titans. Have enough stuff to paint!

Yeah, this set is what is finally allowing me to get into the game to begin with!  I've played once with a friend's models, and love it.  But THIS is the thing that will let me afford to get into the game and have enough to hit the ground running with my buddies that have the Warlord Edition split and a Titan Battleforce box.  Or something like that.  I even picked up a banner of Questoris Knights to put together while waiting for this to come in.

I'm super pumped about it.  Kind of want to find someone else who wants an extra copy of the rules so I can buy a second box and have 4 Reavers, 4 Warhounds, and 4 Knight Lancers!

Yeah, I'm honestly thinking of just picking up a second box of the new starter.  4 more titans and 2 more lancers would, well, that goes a long ways.  Especially since I'm not planning on any Warlords for a number of reasons...

Knight Household also tempting, though probably not as good a deal all things considered.

Yeah I'm trying to decide whether to get the starter set or knight household box when either are back in stock with the retailer I use - folks at GW have said the starter set'll be around for the long haul, while the household seems to be a limited production run so I'm tempted by the latter but the starter set is such a good deal

Yeah I'm trying to decide whether to get the starter set or knight household box when either are back in stock with the retailer I use - folks at GW have said the starter set'll be around for the long haul, while the household seems to be a limited production run so I'm tempted by the latter but the starter set is such a good deal

Yeah, the Starter is the new evergreen, well, starting product for the game line. The Knight Household box was part of the holiday battlebox releases, which are one and done.

If you’ll want a lot of knights then grab the household while you can. But the reavers and hounds in the starter will be used way more often.

Yeah I was gonna go for the Knights but now the starter set is out I kinda realised I was only really going for the household set because it was there? Don't get me wrong, I wanna build up a decent collection of Knights (if only for narrative reasons), but I figure that as with the starter set, there'll likely be Titan bundle sets in the future which include knight kits - I'm trying to build my collection solely around the bundle kits (I started with the Battlegroup box).

Having jump to the starter set train, I'd like to "finish" the collection: only question is: How many warlords do I need? I've seen that many builds are without warlords. But also many are with one. Very few use 2+.

So, what do you think? 0? 1 or 2?  (already have 2 starter+knight household+1 warbringer, also in the future, I'll add mayber a pair of warhound for a grand total of 6)

Having jump to the starter set train, I'd like to "finish" the collection: only question is: How many warlords do I need? I've seen that many builds are without warlords. But also many are with one. Very few use 2+.

So, what do you think? 0? 1 or 2?  (already have 2 starter+knight household+1 warbringer, also in the future, I'll add mayber a pair of warhound for a grand total of 6)

My recommendation would be to get one of each Warlord variant, with plasma and volcano cannons. That gives you the best options I think and it's more efficient than buying the weapon sprue seperately.

And check out ebay and resellers. Warlords appear on there pretty often, usually with bellicosas.

I once played a game with only one Warlord. 2-3 is my preference. But each to their own.

If you’ll want a lot of knights then grab the household while you can. But the reavers and hounds in the starter will be used way more often.

Yeah I was gonna go for the Knights but now the starter set is out I kinda realised I was only really going for the household set because it was there? Don't get me wrong, I wanna build up a decent collection of Knights (if only for narrative reasons), but I figure that as with the starter set, there'll likely be Titan bundle sets in the future which include knight kits - I'm trying to build my collection solely around the bundle kits (I started with the Battlegroup box).

Maybe but that knight box won't be around forever and it's a good deal.  

My recommendation would be to get one of each Warlord variant, with plasma and volcano cannons. That gives you the best options I think and it's more efficient than buying the weapon sprue seperately.

<snip>

This would be my recommendation as well.

Warlords are awkward, personally i dont see me ever playing with more than one because im quite aggressive but they are such pretty models :D Id buy more if they werent priced out of step with everything else (Except the warbringer *sigh*). That said in your specific circumstance you already have basically everything else lol