New stuff!

Fajita Fan

So a lot of the time when I really don't like a model I end up coming around and accepting the design decisions, the more I look at the psi-titan the more I dislike it.Ā  The blank head is really distracting, a different faceplate is totally acceptable but blank?Ā  I understand that the princeps is a psychic blank but that doesn't mean the titan's face should be, it still needs the same sensors and camera lenses.Ā  It doesn't have the silver lions on the shoulders!

Ā 

I guess the silver lining (ha!) is that I'm even more motivated to finish mine now.Ā Ā 

Edited by Fajita Fan

So a lot of the time when I really don't like a model I end up coming around and accepting the design decisions, the more I look at the psi-titan the more I dislike it.Ā  The blank head is really distracting, a different faceplate is totally acceptable but blank?Ā  I understand that the princeps is a psychic blank but that doesn't mean the titan's face should be, it still needs the same sensors and camera lenses.Ā  It doesn't have the silver lions on the shoulders!

Ā 

I guess the silver lining (ha!) is that I'm even more motivated to finish mine now.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Its had the opposite effect on me the more I look at it the more I like it... The blank faceplate makes to look more sinister to me.

Ā 

But I have 5 Warlords I really don't need 6 so I want the upgrade kit.

Ā 

But then I don't need 7 Reavers but i will have 7 with that new starter set :P

Edited by Wolf Guard Einar

To be honest it looks like a rushed job, especially until I see the (what I assume to be) psi-emitter on top.Ā  Psi-titans can emit energy around them to demoralize troops, one of the quelled a rebellion simply by walking through a city with it on.Ā  I'm going to reeeeally hope the rules for this book weren't rushed either with an overpowered monster like the Acastus knights.Ā Ā 

The new scenery is just so full of small bits. If I get some I think Iā€™d have to make little industrial scenes with multiple bits together on a base.

Ā 

Iā€™ve never used styrene plasticard. Does it work with normal plastic glue or do you use superglue? Anyone got a UK source for some with an embossed pattern that would suit an AT industrial area?

I use superglue, it works perfectly.Ā 

Ā 

You should google for textured / embossed plasticard, a quick search returned these 3 in the UK

https://www.newmodellersshop.co.uk/plasticard.htm

https://www.ema-models.co.uk/index.php/sheet-materials/plastikard-embossed-styrene.html

https://www.modelscenerysupplies.co.uk/scratch-build/building-paper-card-sheets/Plastic%20sheet/Plastic-Sheets

Ā 

I typically buy mine fromĀ http://www.greenstuffworld.com/

Ā 

Also, if you plan to incorporate the AT industrial scenery bits into something bigger, have a go at your local DIY store (e.g. electric tubes, plumbing bits, insulation board, mdf, ...). Mixing things can produce nice results.

Ā 

And compare prices and also dimensions, there can be some "huge" differences.

Edited by Mendi Warrior

For the UK go to 4D model shop. They're an architectural model shop and have awesome stuff, including plasticard in all kinds of textures. If I ever build my buildings I'm planning to use some ridged stuff they sell for roof tiles, for example. It's where I got my the brass etched trees for my bases.

Ā 

Plastic glue does work on styrene sheet, so it's what I'd recommend.

Edited by Mandragola

I was looking at the warbringer arm joints. They are similar to the reaver close combat joints, but dissimilar to the ranged weapon ones which are thinner.

Ā 

Not suggesting the weapons themselves are different, or that fist are a good idea - I should have fleshed out what I was saying better.

Edited by Gore Crow

Psi-titan is out at Ā£85 / ā‚¬106

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Adeptus-Titanicus-Warlord-Sinister-Psi-Titan-2020

Ā 

99020399006_WarlordSinisterPSITitan06.jp

Ā 

Ā 

This kit contains everything you need to build one Warlord-Sinister Psi-Titan and use it in your games of Adeptus Titanicus:
ā€“ 1x Adeptus Titanicus Warlord Battle Titan with Plasma Annihilator and Arioch Power Claw. This 144-part plastic kit builds a towering god-machine and includes optional extras. It is supplied with a 120mm oval base.
ā€“ 23 resin components to turn your Warlord into a Warlord-Sinister Psi-Titan
ā€“ 8 Warlord Sinister Psi-Titan weapons cards: 1x apocalypse missile launchers, 2x belicosa volcano cannon, 1x paired laser blasters, 2x sunfury plasma annihilators, 1x Arioch Titan power claw, 1x Sistramanus Tenebrae
ā€“ 1x Warlord-Sinister Psi-Titan command terminal

Ā 

Edited by Mendi Warrior

The gun has a 120ā€ range and itā€™s 685 points which I assume includes the gun.

Ā 

ā€œ The Warlord-Sinister Psi-Titan is available to Loyalist Titan Legions in Adeptus Titanicus. One Warlord in a maniple may be replaced with this terrifying war engine. ā€

Ā 

And it replaces a Warlord in a maniple so I assume that means it gets the maniple bonus but does that mean it canā€™t be taken as an extra solo support titan? Call me crazy but that seems inverted to me.

Ā 

Also the stats for the carapace laser blaster is changed, itā€™s now +1 accuracy at long range instead of -1 at short IIRC.

Edited by Fajita Fan

I like both the sinistrmanus tenebrae more having seen the 360. The gun has some cool details that do make it weirdly esoteric. Volcano cannons, gatlings, these you can look at and parse. This gun has things that look like they might spin, odd ridges, a gap before the emitter, those four things on the back might be caskets for bound pyskers (might be misremembering the Ordo Sinister short story though). It's bizarrely slender and 1950's style for a titan-sized weapon.Ā 

Ā 

Same with the head. Viewed in profile it's not too big and gives me some Doctor Fate vibes. It's appropriately different to other GW blank masks. Not sure about the ciricrux though, looks rather flimsy and added on. I can see the braincase associations they're trying for but I would have rathered a more fundamental rebuilding of the shield generator part of the model.

Ā 

Ā£20 over the regular warlord... doesn't actually seem that bad? By FW standards at least, considering it has a gun (normally Ā£10), a head and the ciricrux, some cards and a terminal. I think? Or am I irreparably damaged by years of FW prices so I can't see sense anymore?

Ā 

Rules-wise, this thing's 300 pts over the cost of a bare warlord. It does seem to come with the gun built into the cost though but that's a lot.

Ā 

ā€œ The Warlord-Sinister Psi-Titan is available to Loyalist Titan Legions in Adeptus Titanicus. One Warlord in a maniple may be replaced with this terrifying war engine. ā€

And it replaces a Warlord in a maniple so I assume that means it gets the maniple bonus but does that mean it canā€™t be taken as an extra solo support titan? Call me crazy but that seems inverted to me.

Ā 

Ā 

The preview of the rules in Shadow and Iron put it the other way, they seem to mandate that it's used as a support titan and can't be part of a maniple. The FW description is probably just boilerplate text in error.

Edited by Sandlemad

The gun has a 120ā€ range and itā€™s 685 points which I assume includes the gun.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Also the stats for the carapace laser blaster is changed, itā€™s now +1 accuracy at long range instead of -1 at short IIRC.

Why are you assuming the gun is included? This has not been the case with anything thus far and the terminal says "685 + weapons". It also doesn't replace anything, the picture from the book with some of their rules says they are never part of the maniples and are always support. The replacing thing is just another case of website writers not knowing the game they are talking about.

Interestingly, the Warbringer cards include the "15+ critically disabled" result that is not dublicated in the Sinister weapons, so it is not a universal change. Might we see the first interaction with "special" hit location or just a thing to show a heavy artillery titan can blow its magazines extra hard when its gun take hits?