Trawling's Craftworld Iybraesil (And other projects)

Good job on the models.

Thank you Bjorn!

I didn't really "get" Bladeguard before now, once I started getting painting this guy I actually really like them. Looking forward to apinting the rest. I need to work on the freehand, the Bull's head isn't quite right

eV1rww4.jpg

hXXMwg1.jpg

h2Jj1EV.jpg

eAbWdpR.jpg

glhnj5t.jpg

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

I like this guy. It’s in your face and displays menace, but not at the cost of blinging it out. The colors are sharp and crisp. The freehand is phenomenal. That shield..... Just seeing the hazard stripes made it worth looking at the project. Nice job!

Why do your models wear their Chapter symbols on the right pauldron, instead of the left?

Basically because I wanted the sculpted  Bull pad but also wanted the MK3 pad on the left as in my head that's the shoulder they would use to advance with and protect their head/body from harm

I like this guy. It’s in your face and displays menace, but not at the cost of blinging it out. The colors are sharp and crisp. The freehand is phenomenal. That shield..... Just seeing the hazard stripes made it worth looking at the project. Nice job!

Thanks Custom Hero! I still need to touch it up because its not quite perfect but I'm pleased this far

Second Bladeguard is done! One more to go:

ITjMy3e.jpg

DOg8qqA.jpg

xQnos8s.jpg

BfudxiC.jpg

P1v3XSk.jpg

These look great and I really like the colour scheme and the contrasting detail colours, the Bladeguard are a really nice addition.

Thank you Doghouse! In my head these guys are super begrudgingly bedazzled up with the gold trim etc only because they're wielding relics as the chapter is very utilitarian. If it works, we use it without any finery. They would of course be in the thickest of fighting to prove themselves to their brothers.

The third is done, now onto the Characters!

i5lhbbY.jpg

KIOof0L.jpg

KWK6DwF.jpg

7q3XpGR.jpg

The MKIII helms work well with the blade guard models, their role, and your marines’ fluff if I remember.

Really like the shot of all three of them in a fighting wedge; ones looking left, one right, one up the middle with bare head draws your eye. Good posing and painting!

Edited by Yosef Hausakluif

The MKIII helms work well with the blade guard models, their role, and your marines’ fluff if I remember.

Really like the shot of all three of them in a fighting wedge; ones looking left, one right, one up the middle with bare head draws your eye. Good posing and painting!

Thank you mate! The Iron Taurans revere the MKIII plate, I think as they become more Veteran they should get more MKIII armour which is what I'm trying to show with the Bladeguard

Nice work!

Thanks Custom!

I got the Judicar done, he does look quite Palpatine esque but I figured that the Hourglass-thing would use some dirty tech that would probably wreck the Marine that wields it similar to the Destroyers of the HH

pjPmUgA.jpg

DHQcyyF.jpg

bGBfOGx.jpg

Rp3SIRs.jpg

dit4e3e.jpg

I got the chaplain done today, it's definitely my favourite model from the box bar the outriders. I'm very proud with how he's come out and just need to do the base. I will do the Captain next  but will probably leave the ancient and the lieutenant for later on. Then I think it's time to put my focus back on my Eldar projects.

Anyways here is High Chaplain Creide, circumstance forcing him out of a pastoral role due to injury he definitely does not mind and is always in the thickest of fighting surrounded by the Bladeguard:

U96kA2P.jpg

6zY8d23.jpg

zlxMG3X.jpg

dihdSBj.jpg

H5xbuUl.jpg?1

3W33Nu6.jpg

8MIXSDB.jpg

eygwSjp.jpg?1

And the box thus far:

WNMZGVd.jpg

• 1 month later...
I haven't posted in this thread for a little while, I've been hard at work back on my Craftworld Iybraesil project. Alot of stuff has been trial and error but in just under 5 weeks I've gotten 1250 points of the knife-ears painted up. I'm loving this project as it's an easy scheme to get on with with great results. With the Aeldari event I'm running at the moment, it's helped keep my hobby mojo chugging away. These guys are going to be my Crusade and learning 9th force

1250 points so far:

FcOcdiE.jpg

So far I've painted 20 Dire Avengers up as the Falling Moon Shrine, I think the dark blue armour and the red plumes contrast nicely with the rest fo the blue of the army:

3V1gjLB.jpg

z3kEaWt.jpg

The Rangers are a particular favourite of mine and I honestly much prefer the old sculpt to the new ones:

Hswn3zF.jpg

Next up I got 2 Warwalkers done, kinda derpy models but I love them. Really good in game too!

1Z3u6AP.jpg

eYtRuzw.jpg

"Don't talk to me or my many sons again!" The wraiths are a particular favourite of mine both from a gameplay perspective and from a visual one.

The power weapons were my first foray into Contrast paints and I think they've come out great. For some reason I decided that I hated myself and wanted to do ALL the gems on these guys. Should they have that many gems in the lore? Who knows, they add a lot of contrast to the blue/black.

bsbJH1R.jpg

fhTIT5C.jpg

PCk8gMV.jpg

MTuCbAc.jpg

iAZiIBi.jpg

1UDdz2S.jpg

Z1xy8ag.jpg

KSd1Xlf.jpg

wuCfpdw.jpg

The signature unit of Craftworld Iybraesil are the Howling Banshees, as lorewise Iybraesil have the most Banshees of any craftworld as they are disproportionately female.
I really like the new Banshee sculpts but I got 11 metal banshees for less the price of 5 new ones on ebay and I much prefer them, win-win.
I tried having the shoulder pads blue to keep the theme but it didn't work for me. The arm adds a lot of colour in contrast to the main two other colours which is cool
Mn7qaUA.jpg
VgZlDkB.jpg
kv6NeCa.jpg
KnKTLTi.jpg
J53i7z6.jpg
OY1auMQ.jpg
OaMhuVS.jpg
The staple of many an Eldar list: the humble Wave Serpent. This guy took me a while to paint mostly down to the size of it and the relative weakness of Thousand Sons Blue.
The gems are a particular focal point for me
bmy3vtO.jpg
g5WlHS3.jpg
emEiU09.jpg
awDAQcY.jpg

"Spiritseer Barahir leading his undead charges. Always dour and deathly silent, befitting personality for a mortician of a dying xenos race" I went for a much darker set of colours on this model as he's essentially an undertaker:
NufDs3m.jpg
5Mf6y4U.jpg
6BNfAUM.jpg
TNszLxO.jpg
yCE2zZM.jpg

"Warlock Hal'thar the stoic, leading from the front as he always does most often seen with the dire avengers of the Falling Moon." I absolutely adore this model, the sculpt has a lot of charm and is probably my 2nd favourite model of this army so far. I'm proud of how this guy came out
MZxf4rD.jpg
ITtWipD.jpg
awcBqg9.jpg
JJr4cM2.jpg
aC5kSn5.jpg
jtTaHrd.jpg

Farseer Aleerith, the Banshee's Wail

"Once set on the Path of the Warrior she rose quickly through the ranks of the Howling Banshees before the Path of the Witch called to her. Now she leads Craftworld Iybraesil often found in the thick of fighting surrounded by her Banshee squad mates"
This is my favourite model and the one I'm most proud of so far. She's my Crusade warlord and will likely be my warlord most of the time. Makes sense for a Banshee focused Craftworld to have a Farseer that was once a Banshee herself
Ra0xjC4.jpg
jfZjfTL.jpg
GTLXXvw.jpg
9IIU2KG.jpg
AMfVkCv.jpg
e3kPfuH.jpg
DbavIoT.jpg
aI9xASK.jpg

I've got another 6 Banshees on the go at the moment, then I think it'll be onto some heavier vehicles!