30k Hobby Chat

A question friends. I have a number of razorbacks laying around spare since they became redundant in 40k. I’d like to turn them into mars pattern rhinos for 30k, but the ‘tank ring’ top is glued solid. Are there any possible third party ‘cupolas’ or similar out there to stick on the top to save cutting them to pieces?

I once used my Razorback in my 30k World Eaters army (just used 40k rules). I know this was heretical and breaking the timeline, but really what would the Emperor do about it as Angron had already turned traitor and sided with Horus? 

They were not adverse to experimentation during the Heresy which is what lead to the Vindicator and Sabre tanks originally and you also have Mk V armour as another example. In club or home games you could pass a Razorback as a field modified rhino that never made it mainstream and was destroyed after not to be seen till thousands of years later.

A question friends. I have a number of razorbacks laying around spare since they became redundant in 40k. I’d like to turn them into mars pattern rhinos for 30k, but the ‘tank ring’ top is glued solid. Are there any possible third party ‘cupolas’ or similar out there to stick on the top to save cutting them to pieces?

hatch small

sorry, forgot to post the pic ^^

So here's a question all:

How do you all model the Atomantic Pavaise on your Deredeo Dreadnoughts? I've been trying to figure out one myself for a while and I've had no luck

Or is there someone on Shapeways whose made one? :laugh.:

This is FW idea of how it might look like:

http://scythesoftheemperor40kchapter.blogspot.com/2016/07/forge-world-open-day-17th-july-2016.html

scroll down to see the picture. If you magnetised the missile launcher then it is a piece of cake to model something that looks like a force field generator and pop it on with magnets.

How do you all model the Atomantic Pavaise on your Deredeo Dreadnoughts? I've been trying to figure out one myself for a while and I've had no luck

http://scythesoftheemperor40kchapter.blogspot.com/2016/07/forge-world-open-day-17th-july-2016.html

scroll down to see the picture. If you magnetised the missile launcher then it is a piece of cake to model something that looks like a force field generator and pop it on with magnets.

There are at least one or two fanmade STLs of the Pavaise like these ones:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3100840

https://twitter.com/libertyprime0/status/1293799154032840704

I've seen that, yeah. And I've magnetized my Deredeo's missile launcher already. I've tried using the shield dome from the Impulsor (friend of mine didn't want his for some reason :lol:) but I need to entirely make a mount for it.

There are at least one or two fanmade STLs of the Pavaise like these ones:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3100840

https://twitter.com/libertyprime0/status/1293799154032840704

Oh sweet! Thanks, I sent the first one to the owner of my FLGS to see how much it'd cost me for him to print out three :lol:

And there it is: All my Mark III and Mark IV marines stripped and ready for repainting... Once I get the shoulder pads and Dark Angel helmets :laugh.:

xJYeNpT.jpg

Along with a bonus Contemptor-Mortis and a few characters. People who've been following some of my plogs might recognize that Contemptor :yes:

For context: That's 79 Mark III and Mark IV Tactical Marines, 5 Mark III Plasma gunner, 5 Mark III Meltagunners, 5 Mark IV Missile Launchers, 1 Mark IV Flamer Sergeant (for an eventual Zone Mortalis 5-man flamer squad), the BaC Cataphractii Praetor, Mark II Banner-bearer, Mark II Praetor and the Contemptor-Mortis.

Going to need to go over exactly how many of the Mark III and IV marines I have so I can figure out which squad is missing a marine

Edited by Gederas

I've been checking out the upcoming plastic kreig sprues and the pile of half-built cadians I have lying around and considering some 30k militia conversions - the line infantry would be like this:

gallery_53779_13609_100359.jpg

(although probably with 3rd party heads instead as sourcing enough palanite subjugator heads would certainly be a nightmare), and levy would be the reverse - kreig feet, cadian legs & kreig torsos, although it *looks* like there are enough arms in the kreig infantry + upgrade sprues for 20 bodies so hopefully they can all get the newer arms.

Feet swapping? This is taking kitbashing to a whole new level, you sure you want to do that on a whole army? But it looks sweet. Is that a conversion or someone on photoshop?

It's just a photoedit I did - haha the feet swapping is for the armoured shins, and I never really leave a mini unconverted, be it kitbashing, reposing or scratch-building parts so this would be pretty on par for me lol (should also help even out any height difference between the cadian/ kreig kits)

Im slowly speed painting my first few lunar auxiliaries. Basicly Im zenithaling, followed by a black wash and drybrush and then I slap on contrast paints and metallics, spray them with streaking grime, remove most of it and jobs a good one. Ill put in more work for the tanks but i want some 210+ guys of infantry. Need to cut some corners.

My fists are at 11k and I dont feel like painting yellow right now. Ive decided on doing another 3 predators that can become rhinos for them. Maybe strip the 3 rhinos I have for my black templars and repaint those in yellow. Ill also add the two new praetors and a squad of tartaros to them and I think I need to switch to another colour scheme for a while then.

Finished up a Praetor for the Legion, back to the Destroyers now though. 

Absolutely gorgeous work on your praetor, Loquille. 

It's not much, but I recently built my first truescale Word Bearer. He's just a Tactical Squad sergeant, but I'm really happy with the results!

gEk9HUP.jpg

Been working away on all manner of projects, but then I recalled a Burning of Prospero event I had signed up for, and with only one marine finished (the vexila), I decided I ought to start cracking on that. So here's four completed marines out of roughly 60. Yikes, I have a long way to go...

zQHOAeW.jpg

Nmg0HjP.jpg

I haven't uploaded the rest of the photos onto my instagram yet, but I will be on the 'morrow... to get the most out of that early morning algorithm, after all! :P I couldn't resist showing you lot, fraters before the rest of the... gators? Maynards?

I'm going for an Axis of Dissolution style list, based around a force of 'Sons holed up inside a temple, hence the marble flooring. Let me know what you folks think!