30k Hobby Chat

They are beautiful! I thought they would end up looking great when you showed the WIP. Very iconic looking now that they are all painted.

Terminators look fantastic, excellent job!

Thanks folks, I'm doing a contemptor next so very interested to see how well the scheme translates to larger minis 

• 2 weeks later...

Frustrated with a £75 kit that Forge World haven’t invited to the party and never existed in 40k 7th edition to crib from, I knocked together a datasheet.

Completely unofficial and minimally play-tested but, if it’s useful for anyone else, yes we can(is rex): homebrew Questoris Knight Preceptor rules.

I ground through like 80% of another 52 printed infantry for my lunar auxilia army this weekend. As of now I got a full las rifle tercio, 2x10 veletaris with axes and 2x10 with volkite as well as 10 guys with flamers plus a small command squad of 4 guys and a lord marshal. So now I could fesibly play a 1k game with the army.

The plan is to ultimately get the army to 4 'infantry platoons' of two times 2 las rifle sections plus one flamer section, 2 normal veletaris and a household squad of axes and volkites each. Also I wanto to bump the command squad to ten guys and add 6 medical orderlies and a max sized (i think thats 6 as well) ogryn squad to fill out the infantry portion of the list.

But for now I am good on speed painting squishy cannon fodder. I need to get some tanks in there. Also I think getting all that infantry on a normal sized board will be quite the challenge.

I'm planning on making some more Destroyers for my 1st Legion Dreadwing. For 10 man squads, should I model them with 2 grenade launchers, or only one?

You mean missle launcher, no?

How do they move around is the real question here.

Coming out of a termite I guess the Toxiferran flamers are as good.

Well, things have been a bit grim for HH and CSM players. After playing a bit of Mechanicus on steam, I made this copy pasta for a bit of fun. I call it "least fanatical FW enjoyer'. 

From the moment I understood the weakness of my wallet, it disgusted me.

I craved the prestige and difficulty of Forge World products.

I aspired to the purity of resin.

Your kind clings to your re-casts and digital printing, as if they will not scam and disappoint you.

One day that crude vendor that you call a temple will wither and you will beg for the official products to save you.

But I am already saved, for the Horus Heresy range is immortal…… even in poverty I still serve James Workshop.

Just finished up painting Warmaster Horus for my good friend, today. The model and paint job were both heavily inspired by Adrian Smith's amazing artwork of Horus vs the Emperor back in 2004. Can't wait to see this bad boy hit the field. Hope you all enjoy him!

Kzl8sEA.jpg

WQQ6kTJ.jpg

C9cZRk3.jpg

Edited by Noctus Cornix

Oh dear.

I'm silly and apparently didn't backup my Battlescribe rosters (I used to keep them in dropbox) so looks like I'm basically rebuilding the lists from memory.

On the plus side it may mean I can move some points around/change what I had planned.

Seriously considering putting some Sabres in the Recon Company list for example.