=][= Nurgle's plague hobby challenge =][=

duz_

I, thewarriorhunter of the Spectral Sicarii, have completed my vow and to paint an Apothecary and Helix Adept. The completion of this vow gives voice to the honor of my chapter as we continue to fight for our survival against all enemies that we face.

dHIwakrh.jpg

2nM1X4Qh.jpg

(technically I painted 3 models for this challenge :tongue.:)

Updated!

Great progress so far all!

Heading in to the final 2 weeks and we've seen nearly half the participants complete their pledge (some completing multiple ;) )

How about some WiP's to see us to the finish line and 9th edition?

• war009
  • Dracos
  • Dwango
  • Jaipii
  • lokkorex

I know some of you are fairly close to completion lets see if we can hit that 100% mark! :tu:

I've been mainly painting diamonds on murder clowns recently and I am currently on with a shadowseer, which is doing my head in. Oh the irony! So I don't have much to show from my last wip.

I'll be cracking on with it soon so I shall post once I have something more to show.

Got some work done on him tonight. Just need to highlight most of the armour and gun then I should be done for painting I think. I want to get some transfers on so need to come up with company markings etc. (I will take better photos as I've just realised these ones are pants!)

med_gallery_141590_15861_305975.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15861_158768.jpg

Edit- and quite clearly I need to paint the backpack too!

Edited by Dwango

Just transfers, chiping/scratches and weathering to do. Not sure what decals I should put on the right shoulder and knee. I have a raven guard symbol and I'm going to put a 6 on the left shoulder & knee. I have a forgeworld raven guard transfer set/ (the Horus Heresy one) so if anyone has any ideas I'm open to hearing them. My raven guard knowledge is sadly lacking.

med_gallery_141590_15861_446209.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15861_165325.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15861_422164.jpg

Is it me (actually not me buy you guys) or does the Ravenspire attract the best painters or what?

Dwango that's looking sweet. 

I feel like I'm drawing with crayons against Picassos. And I mean the big preschool kindergarten crayons 

Thanks all. I'm really happy with how it is turning out. It's a great mini and the first Primaris I've done. The holstered bolt pistol leaves a lot to be desired though.

Normally the chapter symbol goes on the left shoulder, if you're going RG I'd suggest on of their raven symbols on the left shoulder, 6 on the left knee, apothecary symbol on the right shoulder.

Model looks great!

Cheers thewarriorhunter. I've picked the chapter symbol from one of the ones on the sheet below. Annoyingly I don't have an apothecary symbol. I was hoping to use one of the more unusual ones on the sheet but I have no idea of their meaning in the fluff. Is there one that I could get away with using?

gallery_141590_15861_1371819.jpg

I've started painting a squad of 3rd company infiltrators and I realize that these models hard core remind me of some Umbrella special forces about to go take on some bio weapons a la Resident Evil.

I have a Death Guard army, and have been thinking about setting up a little AoP display of the two armies duking it out.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

There seems to be a lot of variation on the symbol but one of the consistent features is the three diamonds.

https://www.google.com/search?q=40k+apothecary+icon&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwimkY-GiYnqAhUFlJ4KHU0tDnwQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=40k+apothecary+icon&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzoCCAA6BAgAEB46BggAEAUQHjoGCAAQCBAeUPpwWPh1YJB3aABwAHgAgAFoiAHNA5IBAzQuMZgBAKABAaoBC2d3cy13aXotaW1n&sclient=img&ei=FyrqXuapGYWo-gTN2rjgBw&bih=938&biw=1920&client=firefox-b-1-d#imgrc=WlpdCBIhZNJwoM

If it were me I would take one of these decals, remove the skull and keep the wings and freehand the diamonds in place of the skull. If the skull would fit I'd keep it but I think it will need to be removed for the diamonds to have room.

x33JOQP.png

Good call. I wanted to avoid free hand if I could, even though I'm doing it with my murder clowns. Luckily, I've found 3 black diamonds from the house terryn sheet. A little fiddling and I've put something together.

Thanks!

I still need to finish the highlights on his left arm, helmet and the medical kit. I also need to paint his backpack (basecoated) and bolter (primed). Will finish him for the vow

@all Thanks for the ideas and beautiful models shown up here!