=][= Nurgle's plague hobby challenge =][=

duz_

Congrats Dwango! I really like your colour scheme and the finishing touches

Basing is still somewhat a mystery for me. I haven't yet based a single model after my return to the hobby (last year's end). I have some rocks and sand and a scheme from Darren Latham that I want to try. The black armour scheme is also inspired from Darren's YouTube channel (heavily simplified).

Edited by Jaipii

Cheers both.

They took a bit of faffing with but got there in the end. Good suggestions warrior!

Jaipii. I'll be interested to see what you come up with. I like a good base and have recently been trying to make them more realistic by taking inspiration from what I see when out walking with my kids and dogs. Helps get the ideas going.

Finally get some free time to use my airbrush at the parents house and left other paints I need at home.......:censored:

Ill be back over there tomorrow to finish the airbrushing. Once the GF and I get established in our new home in a few months im getting my own airbrush set up.

gallery_26778_13981_426074.jpg

I, War009 of the Raptors 10th company, vow to completely paint 2 Apothecaries assigned to the 10th company by June 28, 2020, for the honor of Ravenspire

gallery_26778_13981_33105.jpg

And done with 8 days to spare.....

gallery_26778_13981_1139181.jpg

I, Jaipii vowed to complete one Helix Adept to help in the fight against Nurgle's plague.

Infiltrator Helix Adept, Alvaron Saaj of the Raven Guard 5th Company, Strike Force Vigilance.

gallery_197938_16113_976627.jpg

Ran out of time to finish the base and some final highlights. I call this done for the fight and he is tabletop-ready. Now I will run to the Finland's countryside to live a week in an electriless cabin. There I will Sauna and beat myself with birch twigs (as a proper Finn) to purify myself from the Nurgle's Plague) ;)

Finished!

gallery_60230_9650_348006.jpg

Had fun painting this, followed the painting guide for the RG intercessor in the GW app sorta, with some few personal changes.

"Sigh" guess I'd get cracking on the Dark Fury Squad this fella is supposed to babysit now... :)

I may have to do an apothecary for my vanguard company........and im so stealing that desing if i do. 

:)

Pick the right set of Reiver legs and it's  piece of cake. Will need to green stuff the legs a little bit but the gear pretty much hides and joints. I'd also suggest basing his feet on a slight rise as the tabard is literally dragging the ground. 

I see where he still needs some touch up but I don't plan on him actually making a army list and I've been working on a 5 man squad of ETB Inceptors this week. I prefer the standard kit, but they were cheaper and they'll be easier to determine which model belongs in what unit if they get in a scrum.

Lol nope just forgetful old man. The days just blending to enter since spring break and this stuff :cuss us down. Can’t wait until school starts and I can start teaching again.

Good news is new Inceptors are coming along. I should say old since they’re the ETB ones from starter box. It a fan of the gunshield on the Assault Bolter compared to the other full kits but I guess it’s easier to keep them separate in a scrum.

Thanks for organizing this Duz. I think everyone had a blast. I definitely have a model I would never had tried to build otherwise.