New PA Engine War Range - What are you excited for?

It feels like we have been waiting forever for these models to be released. I'm not sure what I'm going to go for but I think a chunky unit of Serberys cavalry is a good start, but I have no idea which set to build. The Raiders must have something amazing to compare against a wall of Phosphor and flame. 

Aye im getting some serberys for sure - the only thing stopping this would be the rules being ruststalker level garbage - but even then they look awesome so will get some (just finished painting all the admech I have and need some more!)

Looks like it shouldnt be too difficult to magentise the two versions of the hounds as its just head/arms swaps (I cant see any other differences on the hound bodies etc)

I think the rules split will be

- Cerbyrs get all the weapons.

- Raiders get outflank and are able to target characters.

EDIT - Looks like were hopefully going to be able to preorder these next week:

We’re pleased to say our factory in Nottingham has resumed operation, and after a two-month hiatus* new releases are set to return, available to pre-order from May 30th, with new models landing on shelves/at your door from June 6th.

I know I take a bit of heat for coming across as  negative on these releases, but I think I'm being pretty fair, always putting it out there that my personal opinion is going by what the show us. 

I also think it's worth mentioning I am the guy who will buy all of these units. I do with every admech piece. I have everything up to a resonable squad(s) size even if I find it incredibly dysfunctional. 

That said my favourite -looking- model is the Serbery hounds. Appearance wise I believe the fishbowl copter will grow on me, BUT I actually foresee using it the most in competitive games, even without knowing the rules.  The guys with wings.... again looks wise, they are probably my least favourite, however it's those crappy plastic stems that really have the most put off. If they are anything like Inceptor sticks, I'm really not looking forward to drilling/magnetizing/greenstuffing them. 

Most likely only one specific Canticle per Forgeworld.

Yes unfortunately it looks like maybe just one per Forgeworld, as it's going to be less than one full page. There's dogmas, canticles, and name generator all on page 50.

That being said, I'll take an extra canticle!

I'm going to take a serious look at finally completing my Admech. I've got some stuff on the build table now, and most likely will pick up at least 3 skorpius tanks, a copter, and then some sets of both the hounds and fly boys, and top it off with the book. That will most likely be my hobby splurge for the remainder of the year.

I've also got some knights to build, so would really like to buckle down and finish stuff up.

Let's go! I'm hyped!

Edited by brother_b

Yes unfortunately it looks like maybe just one per Forgeworld, as it's going to be less than one full page. There's dogmas, canticles, and name generator all on page 50.

I'm going to take a serious look at finally completing my Admech. I've got some stuff on the build table now, and most likely will pick up at least 3 skorpius tanks, a copter, and then some sets of both the hounds and fly boys, and top it off with the book. That will most likely be my hobby splurge for the remainder of the year.

I've also got some knights to build, so would really like to buckle down and finish stuff up.

Let's go! I'm hyped!

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm working on a second Knight now and hope to paint up a Daedalosus as Manipulus as some point. The new Start Collecting box also looks tempting to me. It's going to be an expensive year, isn't it?

Edit: I was just looking on Youtube to see if anyone had made any videos about the new Mechanicus units and noticed that the flier was unveiled 5 months ago. No wonder it feels like I have been waiting for it for forever.

Edited by Magos Takatus

Let's go! I'm hyped!

Yeah I think we'll get rewritten dogmas for each forgeworld, and then 1 extra canticle for each FW too. With 6 FW thats a column each on 1 page.

The interesting one for me is 'holy order warlord traits' which seems to take up 2 pages just by itself (or at least 1 full page if another page is art). This means we may see a good few new options to give our dominus/enginseers.

Edited by DanPesci

Let's go! I'm hyped!

What i did notice is theyre all apparently on page 50 (which is unkikely) but theres nothing until page 54. So it could be a page for dogmas, page for canticles and 2 pages for names.....

Let's go! I'm hyped!

What i did notice is theyre all apparently on page 50 (which is unkikely) but theres nothing until page 54. So it could be a page for dogmas, page for canticles and 2 pages for names.....

But they're included as 3 seperate TOC entries, which SHOULD mean that the previous one finishes before the next one starts.

Dont get me wrong id love you to be right and us get 2-3 pages of new FW dogmas/canticles, but id much more expect there to just be 2-3 pages of admech/knight artwork inbetween the admech and knights sections

Edited by DanPesci

Ugh. I knew that copter was going to break me. 

I'm glad to see 2 pages of Strats.

Also a unique FW Canticle sounds really cool. It makes sense since Marines got unique Litanies. Here's hoping their good. They probably will be since we're heading into a new edition!

Almost the price of a Repulsor for the Archeopter?

It does look to be a pretty large model. I need to plan how I'm going to store more AdMech purchases!

Whats even worse is my normal supplier has dropped their reduction down to 10% recently, the prices are getting so high that that simple 10% change can almost make up for a whole new set of models.

Do we even know the model count for the flying skitarii? I hope its not three.

Whats even worse is my normal supplier has dropped their reduction down to 10% recently, the prices are getting so high that that simple 10% change can almost make up for a whole new set of models.

Do we even know the model count for the flying skitarii? I hope its not three.

Pteraxii are five per box. Confirmed on Warhammer Community.

And Serberys are three per box.

This might be my cue to sell my Admech. 

I'm not complaining but economy wise things are going to be so wacky for years I really don't know if I can rationalize increases with a mortgage to pay in this economy.

But for those not greatly affected it could be a great opportunity to expand. 

Regardless I'll be sure to get the rules, and continue working on my 3 Skorpius' and see how these releases end up working out on the tabletop. Just normally I don't wait for rules, to be 100% honest about 6 months ago I probably would have bought 2-3 of the flyers and a few boxes of the Hounds, no questions asked. 

Edited by Prot

The big change for me is that I now have three completed armies that I have somehow collected over the last three years, no idea where the knights and DW models came from as I definitely said I would be collecting Admech... The kicker to me me is that GW, especially in the current climate, have said :cuss you give us money. Would it of hurt you to postpone the price increases 6 months and give your customers(The people that give you the money) a breather and more importantly infused a sense of "this company cares"? No because the shareholders must have the yearly increase even in a pandemic, otherwise they want nothing to do with the company. 

Ok so I will buy these models but I am done collecting new armies, no more extra models. When I am done with Admech that's it and lets see how that affects your bottom line next year when I have finished collecting and I buy nothing but CA? GW current attitude is really going to hurt them in a year or two. It wont kill them but they are really sowing the seeds of a future Kirby era where everyone just says Meh I will buy something else...

I like the new necrons but at £35 for a box of 5 whatever, £60 for a tank or £100+ for that Lord of War, nah thanks but I will actually save for once. Curiosity has reached the edge of the Abyss.

++Snip++

I get this man - Although being able to collect three armies over three years is pretty impressive, that's much faster than a lot of people. I tend to buy a kit or two every other month and have been on and off for years - New edition boxes/ limited run boxes are only picked up when they're relevant to me personally - Namely never (Until Forgebane).

Lockdown, despite me still working from home, has still allowed me to catch up and I've painted the boxes I've had lying around for half a year and I've just picked up a couple of new kits seeing as I could not for months due to xmas and then lockdown so I've had my monthly hobby money burning a hole in my pocket. I understand that everyone's financial situation is different [i am not well off - I work full time for a pretty average salary] - I just set aside £50 a month for the hobby, if I want a big set that's two months of hobby money, if I just want one squad that's just one month.

Pacing your purchases will greatly reduce the annoyance of the prices. But as far as hobbies go, Warhammer is nowhere near as bad as others. My buddy is an avid Guitar collector and shells out entire armies worth of cash for a single Guitar which will sit in his study and collect dust [because he always goes back to playing his favourite few] - Meanwhile I still just play the same bass I've had since my teens. We get far more use out of our hobby than many others do.

Picking one or a couple of armies and collecting that way is how I'd recommend anyone to do so, trying to collect a huge number of armies often leads to frustration [One thing my buddy who plays with me did for a long time] Settling on a limited scope can be annoying especially when it's a lesser supported faction but it saves much annoyance.

I've collected Necrons on and off for a decade and Mechanicus now for half that time - until now neither have been largely supported and now I seem to be getting a lot at once, but I do not feel the need to rush and buy it all day one. I am going to pick up the Engine War book, buy the new starter when that comes, then slowly pick up the Engine War and Necron redux units over the next year - Spread the cost out.

Edited by TootiusNootius

Yeah...with those prices, I will stick with just one archaeopter (instead of the intended 2-3), and maaaaaaaybe one box of jumpy dudes. The riders might be fun, but at 15€ per model, they are way too pricey for what they could possibly bring, at least in the current situation.

And contrary to previous expansions, there will be no Pile of Shame - considering the price of each unused box, I will buy them one at a time.

Pacing your purchases will greatly reduce the annoyance of the prices. But as far as hobbies go, Warhammer is nowhere near as bad as others. My buddy is an avid Guitar collector and shells out entire armies worth of cash for a single Guitar which will sit in his study and collect dust [because he always goes back to playing his favourite few] - Meanwhile I still just play the same bass I've had since my teens. We get far more use out of our hobby than many others do.

Concert photographer here - same. The camera bag did cost more than the (beater) car, and there's still more gear I wouldn't say no to. And I know quite a few other hobbies that are equally bad for the wallet. But that doesn't excuse raising the prices on plastic crack to the point where several friends leave the hobby just because it's too expensive - this hobby lives from having other people to play with.

Rules preview up, it is very nice for some units. No idea how powerful we will be but we are definetly getting a bump, not just in power but in general reliability. Those charge traits are lovely.

Dam Wrath of Mars and the new warlord trait is oO

Also looks like they are pushing the new Dog Rangers as the Character killers our chickens tried to be.

Could you ram the flyer up next to a chaplain and stop the re-roll to charge?

Edited by Black_Knight