BIG Preview Speculation

They did bring up a civil war on that article about the end of the Imperium.

They brought up a number of ways the Imperium could die.

If they kill it I'm willing to bet it'll be none of those just because they like to throw surprise left hooks when they do stuff.

They brought up a number of ways the Imperium could die.

If they kill it I'm willing to bet it'll be none of those just because they like to throw surprise left hooks when they do stuff.

Or the Imperium's death by a thousand cuts which is the entire 40k setting.

To me those quotes sound like a zealous non marine army.

I have to agree. Some of the lines like "we are his sword. we are his wrath" is all fine and dandy as marine talk, but all the ones about deliverance, suffering, redemption (heck even prayers, to a degree) are much more fitting for ordinary "mortal believers" than marines. Sisters, the Inquisition, even Imperial Guard and other human imperial citizens.

Maybe a new imperial army made up of newly awakened Saints with a cult following of militia?

If it's not a single one of the human factions within the Imperium above, then I'm more inclined to think of a joint force of several of these factions, which would then by all means also include marines. The timing of that artwork where we see sisters, inquisitors, ultras, templar seems to be too good. 

Edited by Reinhard

I have to agree. Some of the lines like "we are his sword. we are his wrath" is all fine and dandy as marine talk, but all the ones about deliverance, suffering, redemption (heck even prayers, to a degree) are much more fitting for ordinary "mortal believers" than marines. Sisters, the Inquisition, even Imperial Guard and other human imperial citizens.

Maybe a new imperial army made up of newly awakened Saints with a cult following of militia?

If it's not a single one of the human factions within the Imperium above, then I'm more inclined to think of a joint force of several of these factions, which would then by all means also include marines. The timing of that artwork where we see sisters, inquisitors, ultras, templar seems to be too good. 

Are you thinking almost an Ecclesiarchy faction? 

dont forget the retcon of the Black Templars. Our beloved army is not that what we have in our mind. Maybe they totaly switch over. (what i mean is that we should not think about Templars 4th edition lore )

Guest MistaGav
My one main wish for tomorrow (besides primaris stuff) is for actual stuff to be revealed and not their usual teasers within teasers. You know, the videos with close up shots of an iconic model with a 'more to be revealed later' when we know clearly what it is.

They said previously that micro factions like Inquisition were best suited for Kill Team so Eccliasiarchy sic faction would be a surprise

Something that fitted into Talons of the Emperor/one of the sisters armies if it was new mortal troops?

New Legion of the Damned though is still a runner. I like the Primaris Crusaders idea too, could happen

Edited by Dark Shepherd

dont forget the retcon of the Black Templars. Our beloved army is not that what we have in our mind. Maybe they totaly switch over. (what i mean is that we should not think about Templars 4th edition lore )

Probably single most mind boggling thing GW has ever done.

Probably single most mind boggling thing GW has ever done.

Not even really a BT guy, per se, but I'd really love to hear what motivated this particular change. It didn't seem to serve any purpose whatsoever besides angering and confusing the Chapter's fanbase.

The third book in Guy Haley's Dark Imperium series has been a while in coming. I've been wondering if that was due to Book 3 referencing bits of the status quo that haven't been established in the game yet. Possibly fundamental developments that the new box set and rulebook are based on.

The third book in Guy Haley's Dark Imperium series has been a while in coming. I've been wondering if that was due to Book 3 referencing bits of the status quo that haven't been established in the game yet. Possibly fundamental developments that the new box set and rulebook are based on.

That would be as much hype for me as a new edition. I love the Dark Imperium saga, and it has been filled with significant revelations and lore implications.

What are you referring to?  I liked 4th edition Templar but don't know of a retcon.

The flip flipping was likely them trying to make Templars more like regular chapter in size but seeing that passionate response back pedalled.

Or consider the recon Black Templar propaganda that worked since everyone else buys into the idea that they're only at or under normal chapter strength.

Well, only 11.5 hours left.

The flip flipping was likely them trying to make Templars more like regular chapter in size but seeing that passionate response back pedalled.

If I had to guess (and, uh, I do), it seems possible that this was part of the build-up to a much more radical revision to the 40K setting than we actually got with 8th Edition. There were some hints dropped - the Harlequins having a secret plan to kill Slaanesh, fr'ex - that pointed towards an upcoming 40K setting that moved to a place that was rather more similar to AoS, until the initial flop of AoS seem to have made GW reconsider such a radical revision.

How many hours is it from the next hour, for those of us of the American inclination?

5:45am PST so 7 hours from the time of this posting give or take a minute or two.

How many hours is it from the next hour, for those of us of the American inclination?

5:45am PST so 7 hours from the time of this posting give or take a minute or two.
Closer to 8 hours, they are likely to start with minor reveals like animated series and so on. The big stuff will probably be shown towards the end of the preview, so closer to 3PM local Nottingham time I guess.

Anyway, my final prediction for today:

- new Forge World books/indices

- something from the animated series in the works

- new boxset coming: Necrons vs Black Templars or Sisters

- new huge miniature for the Silent King :wub:

A user on DakkaDakka posted what seems to be a "Q&A" for a new edition of 40K. New rules, lots of points changes, Necrons focus at the start, PA books and codices still valid, Forge World books to be released alongside the new edition, new 40K logo.
It doesn't look like a fake to me, I'd say it's probably true.

Here it is:

k50emWw.jpg