BIG Preview Speculation

No no, my idea is based on the size of your Primary detachment.

Faction, detachment, army, keywords, all these things are different. If you have 3 smaller Astartes detachments, each a different chapter, you'll get less CP (on top of losing doctrine bonuses).

The issue I see with that is, it's rewarding brigade armies.

Some Marines and some armies have problems creating a brigade army

Space Marines don't need to. A regular Battalion can fill 2000 points in no time. What would you be lacking with an Astartes Battalion at 2k? I can literally write any multi detachment Astartes list into a single Battalion.

Bregades would be used on armies like Guard, for example.

You say that but I don't know a single player who doesn't want as many CP as they can take and would be frustrated that some armies aren't able to double digits for CP.
Did you read what I proposed? I was suggesting a completely different method for generating CP. Under what I outlined Astartes would have more than they can currently get. I wanted to put all armies, elite and horde on the same footing when generating CP.

What if you’re allowed one stratagem per turn? It evens the playing field, resembles old stratagem-less 40k, and still enables game changing choices and decisions. It removes the super charged eight stratagem unit that can’t miss and can’t die.

Pipe dream ended.

This would make the game less dynamic and completely ruin multiple armies such as Blood Angels, Harlequins, GSC, etc.

You would have to re-write the rules top to bottom, new codex for every army.

Edited by Ishagu

You proposed a different way of CP that would severely reduce the amount of CP a player can generate, but would also mean factions would generate massively different amounts of CP which would lead to a bad play experience when you take more elite armies and get less of your cool options.

Just because you proposed it doesn't make it the best method Ishagu.

You proposed a different way of CP that would severely reduce the amount of CP a player can generate, but would also mean factions would generate massively different amounts of CP which would lead to a bad play experience when you take more elite armies and get less of your cool options.

Just because you proposed it doesn't make it the best method Ishagu.

The example I used would be 16CP or more for a single detachment at 2k.

The current system is more advantageous to armies with cheap troops and characters. That's one of the biggest issues that GW need to address, in my opinion.

I don't think you understand what I was outlining. You don't have to like it lol, just understand it before dismissing.

Edited by Ishagu

99120455-2640731576247465-55198712413070

"In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance."

"We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all, and so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic, the alien."
"We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath!"
"Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour."
"In battle, He offers us redemption."

Edited by AenarIT

Carcharadons Astra getting a codex... that's my hyperbole for this one.

The current system is more advantageous to armies with cheap troops and characters. That's one of the biggest issues that GW need to address, in my opinion.

And this is why I think CP needs to be addressed at the codex level and not a universal level. Make CP pool/generation part of a codex's balance and don't let detachments share CP unless going mono-faction.

Hmm I'd say Templar, but do they see their crusade as personal "redemption"?

Honestly, I'd say no, but there's a chance someone at GW think otherwise?

I mean, the whole eternal crusade is essence one gigantic penance crusade for the fists failures during the Heresy and the fatal wounding of the Emperor, but I can't recall ever seeing Templar refering to going to battle as bringing them redemption. The crusade is eternal, and it is their duty to conquer the entire galaxy in His name, because it belongs to Him. The consideration that get something in return (like redemption) isn't something I feel I can recall being part of Templar vocabulary, but someone can correct me on this if need be.

Let's keep this on topic re: speculation. While the CP conversation may have some merit, this isn't the place for it, especially considering that you're not speculating about what GW will do, but wish-listing methods that you would personally want to see.

So, TLDR: back on topic, please.

I'm more convinced that it's either Templars or Sisters, imho. I'd say one of the two in a box set vs Necrons.

Only reason I'd say no sisters is because they already had a whole army. Can't be Astra Militarum or it would be "hammer" not sword. I'd say this seems the only option given the piety of the statements in order of likelihood:

1.) Black Templar

2.) Fratres Militarum (or whatever you call the militant arm of the Ecclesiary that was supressed).

3.) A new religious faction of the Imperium, perhaps with a civil war or uneasy truce.

4.) Inquisition

Just going to throw this out there in regards to all those quote images which are almost certainly an Imperial Cult following tease - Redemption Cult - For Necromunda, possibly with some alt-useage as a militia cannon fodder unit to give to Sisters/Inquisition? [i know Cawdor are followers but they're not the cult itself IIRC]

IIRC Necromunda has had 0 new items previewed so far.

Edited by TootiusNootius

I think that's because a while ago, in a very unlikely move from GW, they actually gave us a timeline for this year's Necromunda releases, albeit a relatively vague one. If they intend to release more than what was teased, that's unknown to us, but we have a rough outline of what to expect across each quarter of the year. Or we did, anyway, they might be delayed now.

Bring back the Reedeemer! 40k needs more musicals.

That said my money is it being on something we don't expect. Like, not don't expect because it's crazy sounding, but don't expect because it's a forgotten bit of lore from Rogue Trader or Second Edition.

Like maybe Sensei are coming back.

I think that's because a while ago, in a very unlikely move from GW, they actually gave us a timeline for this year's Necromunda releases, albeit a relatively vague one. If they intend to release more than what was teased, that's unknown to us, but we have a rough outline of what to expect across each quarter of the year. Or we did, anyway, they might be delayed now.

Aha - I see, was just looking into other explanations - I don't remember that timeline but I don't play Necromunda.

99120455-2640731576247465-55198712413070"In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance."

"We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all, and so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic, the alien.""We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath!""Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour."

"In battle, He offers us redemption."

I'm going to predict a new space marine unit: Primaris Crusader Squads. Exemplified by the Black Templars but usable by any Chapter. Primaris Marines who follow the teachings of the Ecclesiarchy and believe in the divinity of the Emperor. Extremely zealous and fanatical warriors. Perhaps with a natural resistance to psychic powers. A return to the 'warrior monk' aesthetic, so an emphasis on close combat, tabards, chainswords etc.

Aha - I see, was just looking into other explanations - I don't remember that timeline but I don't play Necromunda.

It was this.

316522a8.jpg

The Escher stuff was already announced and awating release. If they show something now, I suspect it'll be related to House of Iron, but for now I think it's going to be strictly 40k, no side games. In one of the previous Online Previews they went out of their way to name all the games getting reveals, so I'm willing to take their "Big Warhammer 40k Preview" at face value, at least for now.