9th edition incoming

TiguriusX

Guest Triszin

The gun holster should've been on the back of the shield.

But they are equiped with volkite chargers.

So they do a min of 2.

Pistols do 2, there power swords do 2.

Edited by Triszin

Those Power Swords on the Primaris Bladeguard Veterans have been confirmed to be Master-crafted, so they're Damage 2 weapons, which makes all of the difference in the world.  

Not to mention , Unit size of 3 apparently 

So Lord + Another Character  + Another character + 3 of these guys  will all fit in the same impulsor if you want to live dangerously. 

That charge would be disgusting though. 

Not to nitpick, but does anyone else feel the gunholsters are crazy out of proportion. I thought Marines maglocked their guns to their PA anyway.

I think so. And theyre too far to the front. Especially painted brown they have a slight goofy Victorian explorer vibe like theyre for holding hot air balloon binoculars

Those Power Swords on the Primaris Bladeguard Veterans have been confirmed to be Master-crafted, so they're Damage 2 weapons, which makes all of the difference in the world.  

Not to mention , Unit size of 3 apparently 

So Lord + Another Character  + Another character + 3 of these guys  will all fit in the same impulsor if you want to live dangerously. 

That charge would be disgusting though. 

Initially, I wasn't too interested in this unit, but if these Bladeguard Veterans are anything like the Victrix Guard, and have some sort of "bodyguard" rule, then I'll have to seriously consider them.  One thing that I've experienced while play-testing Ragnar is that he charges and shreds the crap out of something, but then usually gets killed in return.  For example, he can do, like 18 wounds with all of the right stratagems in place, against an enemy character, like Grandmaster Voldus, thus killing him three times over.  But, before removing poor Voldus from the table-top, the opponent pops 'Only in Death does Duty End,' and Ragnar gets Hammered to death in return.  And, right now, there's no way to stop it. 

If there is a way to pawn off Wounds to a bodyguard unit, then there is a ton of utility in that right now.  And, a bodyguard unit with Storm Shields, Master-crafted Power Weapons, and Volkite weapons sounds pretty appealing.

victrix guard are ultramarines only, aren't they? i can definitely see the Bladeguard being a chapter-agnostic version of that. 

People wanted Space Wolves to be more viking, what's more viking than a shield wall of huscarls, defending their king?

This is exactly what I hope they are.

victrix guard are ultramarines only, aren't they? i can definitely see the Bladeguard being a chapter-agnostic version of that. 

People wanted Space Wolves to be more viking, what's more viking than a shield wall of huscarls, defending their king?

Lots of Shield Maidens bringing us Mjod :sweat:

This ^ a million times over! It was the viking look of Space Wolves that first drew my attention. I still shout "Shield wall!" whenever my opponent targets my terminators equipped with storm shields ahaha 

Guest Triszin

apparently, Assault Int's chainsword are called ( Astartes chainsword)

so I wonder if that means, all chainsword for astartes will be updated?

so I think  for the  blade veterans I wanna add a pelt to the abdomens but leave the lower part of the tabard as like a leather one. 

Swap the shields for  either wulfen shields or third party ones. 

Headswap  for sure. 

I really think  the unit has the potential to be  very good. 

I still don't get the hourglass...how about a bag full of heads or something..

I made extended holsters using 2 just chopped them up. Also used a thunderwolf bolter holster that was the same size but cooler looking

dZHRIDm.jpg

Edited by Debauchery101

What shields did you use there?

Id have preferred a Wyatt Family esque lamp to an hourglass

@Blackwood shield full of skulls not Wulfen enough?

I think its just the shape that doesn't do it fer me , I am normally fine with having the  models I  run  for my Dreadwolves keep  a lot of the crusade iconography , you know helps with that one level of separation , though I  prefer the shields to be more wolf specific ya know ? 

I think its just the shape that doesn't do it fer me , I am normally fine with having the models I run for my Dreadwolves keep a lot of the crusade iconography , you know helps with that one level of separation , though I prefer the shields to be more wolf specific ya know ?

well thats you. I am a form over function person. Plus its the biggest shield available. I like the modernized design like the lights and view port. It's also has tons of room to hang and stake trophies to.

I definitely don't want wolf color ultramarines but I like the Primaris to show off the new hot gear. The Iron Priests ain't doing custom jobs for these dudes yet but they got all top forgeworld stuff

Easy lads, it's just plastic men we paint and push around going pew pew on the weekends. No need for any baring of fangs. 

Back to the Bladeguard though, I'm really excited to see their rules. I have been enjoying all the eager ones among us and the cool conversions/ideas you all come up with. 

Easy lads, it's just plastic men we paint and push around going pew pew on the weekends. No need for any baring of fangs. 

Back to the Bladeguard though, I'm really excited to see their rules. I have been enjoying all the eager ones among us and the cool conversions/ideas you all come up with. 

Bladeguard + Wolf Priest  w/wulfen stone + Ragnar or Lord + Battle Leader 

Impulsor them  , and pray you can make contact with something 

Whatever the changes to the terrain rules are  might be huge here , if we still get all this big upfront movement , and can get some extra protection from  terrain the opportunity to force  the opponent to make a choice as to if they are gonna push up or hunker down to defend could potentially be very big. 

Granted you of course run back into the whole " too many eggs in one basket"  problem thats always been an issue for melee armies. 

I think I will be running mostly my same list style 2 to 3 impulsors, ragnar,a couple wulfen/murderfang dreads, BL and iron priest on thunderwolf. Instead of incursors and some intercessors I will trade for the blade guard and assault marines. I still like having 1 or 2 squads of blood claws in a drop pod.

One thing I have been pondering on is that due to the rules that they announced they want to change for tanks..i may build a land raider crusader.

I think its just the shape that doesn't do it fer me , I am normally fine with having the models I run for my Dreadwolves keep a lot of the crusade iconography , you know helps with that one level of separation , though I prefer the shields to be more wolf specific ya know ?

I get ya. They would break the generally roundy vibe. A wood colour/effect on the white part might wolf them up a bit

@Debauchery cheers, I guessed right internally so