An Ancient Evil Awakens

NTaW

I can't seem to find a picture in a format that will let me post from my phone but for what it's worth Stupidity I saw the sheet float by my Fb wall and there weren't any changes aside from the weapons that I could see. From what I remember the Movement stat was cut off though.

Oh my goodness those death rays. Given the fixed number of shots I guess it loses the blast keyword but I'll lose no sleep over that. Doomsday cannon is...the same? Except now with the blast keyword. EDIT: oh the 3+ save is new/nice.

Would it be wrong of me to (always) play an auxiliary detachment for my third Scythe? :yes:

Edited by NTaW

You could go patrol and vanguard/outrider/spearhead detachment to get those three Scythes as well.

Those Death Rays are looking very nice. And with the new Monolith looking to have 4 of those, perhaps GW weren't joking when they said it can square off to a knight.

Also, Doomsday Arks and Ghost Arks can move 12"!

Edited by Get Thokt

Get Thokt you had me thinking I was cheating for a minute but I just double checked and Arks have always had a 12" movement in their top bracket. As for my list/Scythe issue an Auxiliary is 2cp and the Vanguard/Spearhead/Outrider are 3; I think it will come down to my unit choices in any list as to which is more sensible. Currently my 2k list is looking at the Auxiliary since I'm not crushing for slots or in need of a 3rd HQ.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a different version of the death ray on the Monolith (barring it being really expensive in points). Doesn't make me want one less though, that's for sure. :lol: I do hope they are the same even if the Monolith ends up being 500ish points.

Is it october yet? Wow what a wait. These new buffs are certainly enticing. With the added shots to tesla, I really wonder if the rule will change, be omitted, or stay the same. I suppose the wait isn't too bad if it means having time to finish painting all the indomitus minis(10 warriors down, 50 to go hah). 

Edited by Ahzek451

Oof, I need that Hexmark asap. I don't even care how it plays.

I assume its damage 1 guns since they said light infantry, if it were to be damage 2 ap -2 it would be fantastic against primaris (and soon other marines) :P

A Deathmark that has gone Destroyer? Yes please.

I think that's all models spoiled for this release now isn't it, no other blurry half seen images to put to rest?

They stated that with Hexmark we can finally be able to make a full-destroyer army, which doesn't make much sense without troops. We could make such limited "army" before, one extra elite slot is not enough.
BUUUUUUUT
somebody on FB stated that Indomitus book has destroyer warriors. And then it's all coming together.

How would destroyer cult warriors function I wonder? My first reaction is some sort of new flayed one unit.

Maybe your more right than you think...imagine if they just have decided to make Flayed one's a troop choice that falls under the Destroyer Cult Banner :ermm:

that way you get all your other destroyer class units and the troop one is simply flayed ones... fingers crossed... HARD :sweat:

Mithril

How would destroyer cult warriors function I wonder? My first reaction is some sort of new flayed one unit.

Maybe your more right than you think...imagine if they just have decided to make Flayed one's a troop choice that falls under the Destroyer Cult Banner :ermm:

that way you get all your other destroyer class units and the troop one is simply flayed ones... fingers crossed... HARD :sweat:

Mithril

Please be right, that would be one hell of a blessing for my Maynarkh force! Athough what would I then do with all the Indomitus warriors I have, lol