An Ancient Evil Awakens

NTaW

Sadly on phone can't post pictures. Also they posted some pics (just got taken down sadly) of the doom stalker and new heavy destroyers data sheets.

Destroyer weapons are=

Gauss destructor 36" heavy1 str10 AP-4 dam 3d3

Annihilator 36" heavy 3d3 str7 AP-1 dam 1

Sadly on phone can't post pictures. Also they posted some pics (just got taken down sadly) of the doom stalker and new heavy destroyers data sheets.

Destroyer weapons are=

Gauss destructor 36" heavy1 str10 AP-4 dam 3d3

Annihilator 36" heavy 3d3 str7 AP-1 dam 1

Yea that Destructor will do nicely.

I just saw a leaked new statline for Canoptek Spyders. Looks like wounds, attacks, the beamer and claws are all changing. So that might explain why it isn't in CA, if it was an intentional absence.

Edit: see above

Edited by Nemesor Tyriks

If the spyder doesn’t take a big hit in points, I’m liking that boost and may actually use mine. Definitely nice bump for anti marine duty.

I’m not excited about the doomstalker. Random shots and random damage combined with a mediocre stat line if it moves and shoots is not something I’m a fan of. And it can get even worse if you add in invuln saves.

The destroyers I am liking. 3D3 damage really sounds appealing. A little pricey to spam(my speculation) but a squad of 2-3 may be really good at popping all the light transports that may become prevalent soon.

Edited by Mr4Minutes

Having not played necrons for a while, are the stat lines significantly different for what's been shown?

As for the destroyers I'll be grabbing a trio for sure. Possibly 6 with 3 with each armament. The dakka variety could plough through stuff. However... As effectively as 5 6 warriors?

Heavy Destroyers are getting -2M and +1W, with improved gun options and stats.

Lychguard are getting +1A.

Praetorians are getting +1A and +1D for shooting and CC.

Spyders are getting +2W, +1A, the gun is +3 shots at -6" and -1S, and the claws are getting +2S, -1AP, and flat 2D instead of D3.

Heavy Destroyers are getting -2M and +1W, with improved gun options and stats.

Lychguard are getting +1A.

Praetorians are getting +1A and +1D for shooting and CC.

Spyders are getting +2W, +1A, the gun is +3 shots at -6" and -1S, and the claws are getting +2S, -1AP, and flat 2D instead of D3.

Fab, thank you! Improvements all round then :)

Looking at the new stats for the Canoptek Spyder, it definitely wants to get into combat along with the scarabs.

Surprised that other details have been left out, such as abilities. We can be hopeful to expect more leaks if they are included in this manual. But more likely we'll need the Codex to show us the rest.

Very happy with what has been shown, aside from the Doomstalker. That's both walkers now looking average at best.

I am really hoping that this Containment Shield isn't the replacement for Quantum Shielding. I like having something that functions differently from the typical 5++.

3D3 damage is so cool! Might not be the most competitive thing ever but I absolutely love the relative reliability of the weapon's damage. Seems appropriate for a 60 million year old race of deathbots. The exterminator doesn't seem so great though.

The exterminator will be better suited for use on large size units I think, I like having clear cut options here. As much as I really like the destructors depending on how my new army shakes out exterminators may be the more appropriate option for my battles. Being able to put 9-27 shots on a unit of Orks or Gaunts could be quite nice.

The exterminator will be better suited for use on large size units I think, I like having clear cut options here. As much as I really like the destructors depending on how my new army shakes out exterminators may be the more appropriate option for my battles. Being able to put 9-27 shots on a unit of Orks or Gaunts could be quite nice.

I think you're right that against some 1W horde armies the exterminator is potentially a nice option. But the 1D on the exterminator in Primarishammer 40,000 really hurts it imo. It's very expensive for what is basically an inferior autocannon. If (and this is a big if) we still have normal Destroyers in our roster, and they're anything like they are now, it's going to be an inferior option against anything that is W2. For anybody who plays against a lot of Primaris this makes it a no-go, and Necrons are already great at slaughtering 1W infantry.

But Nifty is right to say that it looks absolutely incredible. By far the coolest looking gun in the release so far imo. And I don't want to sound grouchy or anything because there is so much we don't know about the upcoming release, pointless to complain about something that might be amazing in 2 months. Fun to speculate though. :tongue.:

From what I can tell the Doomstalker is fantastic and will become my go-to AT. Never liked the design of the arks to begin with.

Saw this as well, not sure if already posted

116884515_3713611865379kk2.jpg

Edited by Marshal Loss

The discord revealed the whole heavy destroyer page and it has no special rules at all.

None of the leaked stuff, including the space marines have abilities they should have. People are saying those datasheets are just basic basic placeholders till the real ones come out