An Ancient Evil Awakens

NTaW

Canoptek Spyder was not left out of points reviews on accident. It is not in Chapter Approved. Not sure if this is an accidental oversight or if it's moving to Legends. Either would be pretty surprising, honestly.

I assume many have caught up on what was revealed in yesterday's stream. In case you haven't, here is what has been noted by the other communities:

Sautekh - Relentless Advance

• Re-roll Morale tests.

• Double number of shots for Rapid Fire weapons when within 18".

• Use both Command Protocols when the protocol Concurring Tyrant is active.

Szarekhan - Uncanny Artificers

• 5+++ against mortal wounds.

• When a unit shoots or fights, re-roll one wound roll for the unit.

• Use both Command Protocols when the protocol Undying Legions is active.

Mephrit - Solar Fury

• +3" to range weapons (excluding pistols).

• +1 AP when in half range.

• Use both Command Protocols when the protocol Vengeful Spirit is active.

Nephrekh - Translocation Beams

• Army-wide 6++.

• Auto-advance 6" though cannot shoot. Ignore terrain on Advance or Fall Back.

• Use both Command Protocols when the protocol Sudden Storm is active.

Nihilakh - Aggressively Territorial

• All units gain Objective Secured. Units with Objective Secured counts as two models.

• Ignore AP 1 when in Deployment Zone.

• Use both Command Protocols when the protocol Eternal Guardian is active.

Novokh - Awakened by Murder

• +1 to Charge Rolls.

• +1AP on any Charge or Heroic Intervention.

• Use both Command Protocols when the protocol Hungry Void is active.

Edited by Get Thokt

Another highlight from yesterday: the Monolith reveal article says the new Monolith will be able to go toe to toe with knights. I can only assume this means that it's got a new survivability mechanic to match the invu l saves of knights and knight-like units. I'm really hoping this is the case. If it is, it means endless legions of warriors and immortals might be back on the menu :D

Another highlight from yesterday: the Monolith reveal article says the new Monolith will be able to go toe to toe with knights. I can only assume this means that it's got a new survivability mechanic to match the invu l saves of knights and knight-like units. I'm really hoping this is the case. If it is, it means endless legions of warriors and immortals might be back on the menu :biggrin.:

I'd be very hesitant to take WHC at their word. If we went by their descriptions literally every unit in the game would be insanely effective and we'd all be living in a balanced utopia. It may simply be that the new weapons it can take are better against vehicles, but I will keep my fingers crossed. It would be nice for monoliths to feel as tough as they did back in 3rd edition

Agreed that WHC have to put the most positive spin on everything regardless of the reality. If anything I would surmise that their implication could mean a mix of being a tougher model to kill (invuln/QS/TO who knows) and having a dedicated anti-armour option offensively.

In all likelihood we'll still have to get it within 24" of the enemy though :lol:

Re Spyders: they're in the app so it's an oversight in the field manual - confirmed by Facebook ork group.

Regarding the monoliths, they may nerf down the line but they're not going to knock out a kit of this size and make it rubbish. Hopefully it's balanced but good and durable. I've no desire to take a death star but iconic. Last time I had crons I played immortals, wraiths and barges.

This time I'd like to go classic and run warriors, monoliths and lokhusts. Hoping it's viable!

They're in the app because they're in the codex. That doesn't mean they'll stay in the new codex. Not sure what the ork Facebook group would have confirmed about this, could you elaborate on that?

Spyders are in the app and have points values. They are NOT in the munitorum field manual and as such it was wondered if they were moving to legends or not. I asked in the ork group as they tend to be easier going than the other groups. :)

There's absolutely no reason why Spyders would be dropped from the new codex. They've got models, they're plastic, no rods. All ticks!

Canoptek Spyder was not left out of points reviews on accident. It is not in Chapter Approved. Not sure if this is an accidental oversight or if it's moving to Legends. Either would be pretty surprising, honestly.

Canoptek Spyders are listed in the codex section of the app still with points values. 50 pts base, 20 for two particle beamers, 5 for gloom prism or fab claw array. Not a Necron player so don't know if that's updated, but some of the Ork stuff has for 9th. Don't know if it helps but thought I'd try.

I'm not sure why a random Ork community would be an authority here.

As I said, being in the codex section of the app doesn't mean anything since they are in the codex. That doesn't necessarily mean that they will remain an option.

I don't think there's any reason for Spyders to go away, unless there's something we can't see from the outside (broken mold or something like that). The fabricator array is still listed so it is most likely an oversight, but knowing GW I could easily see them removing a unit and forgetting to remove war gear only it has access to. I emailed them asking about it, I'm not putting money on either side until they clarify.

As I said, being in the codex section of the app doesn't mean anything since they are in the codex. That doesn't necessarily mean that they will remain an option.

I don't think there's any reason for Spyders to go away, unless there's something we can't see from the outside (broken mold or something like that). The fabricator array is still listed so it is most likely an oversight, but knowing GW I could easily see them removing a unit and forgetting to remove war gear only it has access to. I emailed them asking about it, I'm not putting money on either side until they clarify.

There's no need to be narky about it.

Why wouldn't they be? They're gamers like us. I asked them as I knew I'd get a response. The Facebook Cron group can be quite toxic. As such I asked the ork group and got a response. They were trying to help.

I've also emailed for clarity but I wouldn't be panicking particularly.

*drums fingers on melta*
Keep it civil everybody. The merits of various FB groups, if they are to be discussed, they should be discussed without going after each other.

Emails to GW are an excellent suggestion, and I recommend we table the spyder discussion until a response is received; especially if the Spyder is still in the app, as 01RTB01 and Brother Sergeant Tiberius state, then we have an interim answer.

The model itself seems decent and not outdated.

Were there other unit entries from other factions missing from the points changes? If not, then it may have been intended.

Only reason I can imagine why, is that the Spyder model is designed with the old Scarabs.

Decent thought, but if that were true then the vault/obelisk would be part of that too with all its little scarabs. And technically the ghost ark.

The more I work on the indomintis models. The more I feel the new ancient/damaged design aesthetic looks radically different from everything else. And it leaves me feeling conflicted.

A hint from the new edition:

Not only does Illuminor Szeras have an awesome new model, but his rules have been similarly beefed up from his previous incarnation. He’s a serious force multiplier, able to use Rites of Reanimation twice each turn,

Where is that quote from?

A hint from the new edition:

Not only does Illuminor Szeras have an awesome new model, but his rules have been similarly beefed up from his previous incarnation. He’s a serious force multiplier, able to use Rites of Reanimation twice each turn,

Where is that quote from?

Its on the recent facebook post from GW today. 

Why wouldn't they be? They're gamers like us. I asked them as I knew I'd get a response. The Facebook Cron group can be quite toxic. As such I asked the ork group and got a response. They were trying to help.

Wasn't being snarky, just saying they're not any more in the know than we are.

Wasn't being snarky, just saying they're not any more in the know than we are.

I wasn't claiming them as a leading authority but knew I'd get an answer there that was all.