BA and 9th Ed

In 7th Ed casualties were always the models closest to the attacking enemy who causes the damage. In 8th, it became the controlling player picks which models in a unit take casualties. So in the o8o8o8 etc examples....players can remove casualties however they want in order to keep coherency at all times, right? Little less cinematic to have the guy in front get punched in the nose and the guy in back break his jaw from it, but them’s the rules.

Even Smite goes by unit, so you distribute wounds along which models in the unit you want, right?

Little less cinematic to have the guy in front get punched in the nose and the guy in back break his jaw from it, but them’s the rules.

You have to think of it like a unit occupying an area, or all the models pressing forward at once. It was that way in fantasy where models from the back die first. 

Little less cinematic to have the guy in front get punched in the nose and the guy in back break his jaw from it, but them’s the rules.

You have to think of it like a unit occupying an area, or all the models pressing forward at once. It was that way in fantasy where models from the back die first.

Yea I get that. Also all sides in the squad know how to use special weapons so picking which models die is like saying Jonny picked up the weapon dropped by Billy.

On another note, with al these Faction previews coming out, are most of these Strategems being shown already in Codexes/Psychic Awakening books? Just curious what level of low to set expectations.

Yea I get that. Also all sides in the squad know how to use special weapons so picking which models die is like saying Jonny picked up the weapon dropped by Billy.

On another note, with al these Faction previews coming out, are most of these Strategems being shown already in Codexes/Psychic Awakening books? Just curious what level of low to set expectations.

All of the faction specific rules and stratagems (with the exception of For the Greater Good for Tau) are in already released books. 

Speaking of leaks, here something that looks more real

tzoCK9x.jpg

At least the frag cannon is the only former template weapon that gets blast - 12 autohits from fragiosos onto units of 11+, right?

Edit: Take with a pinch of salt, but looks more legit, and has the 'Mournival' watermark, the name of the group who playtests for GW.

Edited by Xenith

Blast also means the Furioso can't shoot it into melee unfortunately, which is probably the main reason for it getting the Blast rule to be fair.

Blast also means the Furioso can't shoot it into melee unfortunately, which is probably the main reason for it getting the Blast rule to be fair.

Yes, that is indeed a huge negative. Could do with a range boost to 12" though, if it keeps blast.

12 autohits vs blobs is pretty tasty.

Weren't company veterans with jump packs already a Legends choice anyway? 

Yup. All the units/options that didn't make it into the codex went into Legends when the indexes were retired.

They mentioned about the Saturday twitch stream "and see some brand-new models being revealed for the very first time"

People in news were speculating it was the impulsor-sized land speeder, but I'll take a beatstick chaplain on a bike!

Edited by Arkhanist

Storm shields have been changed to a 4+ inv and +1 to armour save. Really hurts our smash captains.

Excellent! 1+/4++ Terminators all day every day. 

Unsure what they'll do for multiple invuns. I mean, the cataphract captain gets a 4++ from the plate and 4++ from the halo which they then make into a 3++.

Personally I think [non 3++] Invuns are pretty pointless in this edition. They were useful in the all or nothing save scheme, but now, things like terminators can still use their armour vs a lascannon.

I'd prefer to see 'invulnerable' saves become save modifiers with a 1 always failing. Like models that used to have a 5+ get +1 to their armour. A formerly 3++ shield would give +2 to the save, giving a captain in power armour a 0+ save. When shot with an AP-3 lascannon, this would go to a 3+ save...which is exactly what he has now. 

It worked in fantasy for 2 decades. No reason it cant work here. 

Edited by Xenith

Well Vanguard Veterans with SS (assuming all SS get changed to that) now have the same armour save as Sanguinary Guard PLUS an invul save. That's a big win in my book. The only thing they are lacking behind is the two wound profile.

Booo. I think that's not a good change. It'll be a mess to point the new stormshield correctly. To be priced right it would need a separate point value for a unit with no invuln, 6+, 5+ and 4+ and even for 3+ and 2+ armour saves. It is has a range from significant boost to nearly worthless. A lieutenant or Librarian without invuln? Hell yes, any day. A terminator captain that already has a 2+/4++? I would think thrice before spending whatever points they want for it. This pice of equipment now makes any Primaris holding it a better terminator. But maybe we are still missing something.