BA and 9th Ed

I think the leaked Land Speeder will be much more interesting.

What? Where?

I hope theres an option to upgrade the assault intercessors to Death Company Assault Intercessors.  An obvious and potentially extremely powerful variant.

Without jump packs they have the same issues as Terminators, worse they can't even have a decent ranged weapon.

It’ll get two of the servo turrets and magnetise them, probably never use them apart from being terrain pieces. The new attack bike will definitely come in handy and I think they look alright, they’ll grow on people I’ll probably get three, everything in the box I will used and I hope we get updated primaris death company rules, sell the crons on eBay lol

Also looking forward to the land speeder reveal

Edited by redshadow

I gotta admit that I like the ATV, but the new bikes gives some authority to that "leaked" pic earlier this year that showed what looked like a Primaris land speeder and some other new Primaris tank. Both were painted red and the land speeder unit had crewmembers with yellow helmets. Could be a big Blood Angels release down the road, and if that's the case then I am far more interested in the land speeder than the ATV.

EDIT: pic added

gallery_14877_8976_1343798.jpg

Edited by Orblivion

4 wounds a pop is very intriguing. 4 attacks minimum with shock assault, and there is a rumor apparently that they get even more attacks on the charge. Might be what's behind this cryptic line:

The Raider-pattern combat bike is also excellent on the battlefield as long as its rider can dominate its bellicose machine spirit. With battle-brother and bike in harmony, victory is all but assured.

Sounds like it's possible they'll take a test of some kind at the beginning of a phase and apply one of two results, the positive being better on the charge.

Let's see how they fit in our army roster when the points are all set, because right now, I want them in my army.

4 wounds a pop is very intriguing. 4 attacks minimum with shock assault, and there is a rumor apparently that they get even more attacks on the charge. Might be what's behind this cryptic line:

The Raider-pattern combat bike is also excellent on the battlefield as long as its rider can dominate its bellicose machine spirit. With battle-brother and bike in harmony, victory is all but assured.

Sounds like it's possible they'll take a test of some kind at the beginning of a phase and apply one of two results, the positive being better on the charge.

Let's see how they fit in our army roster when the points are all set, because right now, I want them in my army.

I think that's more just flavor text, not expecting any rules from that. But I could be wrong.

And Stu Black explicitly said they get +2 attacks on the charge from just their rules, for a total of 6. 

I think that's more just flavor text, not expecting any rules from that. But I could be wrong.

And Stu Black explicitly said they get +2 attacks on the charge from just their rules, for a total of 6. 

That's also very much possible! Sooo many attacks though. Just imagine if they survive until turn 3....:wub:

Just a guess but with 4 wounds, extra toughness, 2 assault bolters and all them attacks they’ve got to be somewhere between 50 - 60 points per model

That’s about 165pts for 3, that’s the same as ten reivers with grav shoots.

again tho just speculation

Edited by redshadow

As much as I love new goodies.. am I the only one worried about giving up too many BA specific units?

Primaris are cool.. but when we add too many Primaris, who cost a good chunk of points, where is the line of even being BA anymore?

For every Invictor/outrider/primaris chaplain/x/x we lose the BA flavor.

I had this issue with working the Impulsor in a list as well even before all these reveals!

Maybe it's just me!

As much as I love new goodies.. am I the only one worried about giving up too many BA specific units?

Primaris are cool.. but when we add too many Primaris, who cost a good chunk of points, where is the line of even being BA anymore?

I had this issue with working the Impulsor in a list as well even before all these reveals!

Maybe it's just me!

I hear ya brother.

I’ve kept my mouth shut b/c I’m not too excited until we start seeing chapter-exclusive units for everyone. My feeling is that Primaris kits will continue to be uniform and chapter-specific units will not have kits but just be data sheets like DC Intercessors. The Warcom article about “we can’t wait to see Ravenwing conversions of the new Primaris bikes” is another hint to me that that will be the future for some time.

Maybe it's just me!

I hear ya brother.

I’ve kept my mouth shut b/c I’m not too excited until we start seeing chapter-exclusive units for everyone. My feeling is that Primaris kits will continue to be uniform and chapter-specific units will not have kits but just be data sheets like DC Intercessors. The Warcom article about “we can’t wait to see Ravenwing conversions of the new Primaris bikes” is another hint to me that that will be the future for some time.

Well, Primaris is the way of uniformity that the Ultramarines desire, even though they have their own primaris unit as well, the Victrix Guard. I suppose that we can expect one chapter-specific unit at least for us, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

What’s really exciting about the new edition is that BA-centric units such as bikes and assault squads could actually become viable again, depending on the points. We know the bikes have possibly insane stats and chainswords got a huge buff with AP-1 across the board, helping our less desirable choices that once were a staple of our forces.

Then, our vehicles can move and shoot heavy weapons without penalty again. Baal Predators might actually work now, again, points depending. Attack bikes might even, too!

So, even if there’s no BA-specific Primaris units, as long as it’s fast and good in combat, I’ll take it. SG, VAS and DC will still be the superior choices for us because they have jump packs, as do our characters. The new stuff just adds some alternative close-combat options to the army.

We will 100% get a primaris sanguinary priest At some point we may get something unique to us when our 9th Ed codex drops.

I really hope 9th edition codex comes with Dante and not a sanguinary priest, the priest model is fairly new and still looks decent next to a primaris marine. Dante looks like a midget in comparison. The same is true for the chaplain model and the sanguinary guards in general. I have some marines in my collection that look smaller next to a sanguinary guard compared to what a guard looks next to a primaris.

edit: also the new wave of primaris have enough blink on them to make them blend with blood angels.

Edited by dread05

Maybe it's just me!

Nothing new about that. BA have always been 90% vanilla. At least we got a chapter tactic and superdoctine now to make our vanilla dudes more flavourful. ;) 

Most of our units are nothing more than the standard models, with a BA upgrade sprue or two's worth of shoulder pads or bling. Truely model-specific units would be the Sang Guard, the Baal Predator and our special characters. The rest are standard models with bling, so the roll-out of generic marines is naturally going to happen before we get our bling. 

Us and space wolves have the most diversity when it comes to unique units.

We have a plethora of characters, Sanguinary Guard, 3 very unique dreadnoughts, especially being the only chapter to sport Librarian Dreads. And a specialized tank.

Space wolves have unique dreads, TFC, wulfin and a flyer. Everything else is pretty standard across the board.

I gotta admit that I like the ATV, but the new bikes gives some authority to that "leaked" pic earlier this year that showed what looked like a Primaris land speeder and some other new Primaris tank. Both were painted red and the land speeder unit had crewmembers with yellow helmets. Could be a big Blood Angels release down the road, and if that's the case then I am far more interested in the land speeder than the ATV.

EDIT: pic added

gallery_14877_8976_1343798.jpg

MAYBE....It is not only the Land Speeder but also the......BAAL REPULSOR.

I did not look to it before, but when you observe the picture with attention, the Repulsor have many features that make it different from the other Repulsor.

First, the cannon muzzle, which remind me of the Baal flamestorm cannon.

Second, the turret place upon the vehicle itself, attached at the back of the vehicle, instead of the front, as it is upon current Repulsors. Far enough from the front that you can see the form and lenses of a hatch just below the flamestorm cannon. (See at the green lenses below).

Third, the turret is devoid of missiles / explosives launchers, which would make sense if the turret come with a flamestorm cannon. (But what is the big chunky part attached to the turret and who appears below the comms array, sort of black sphere, it is a complete mystery.)

So, mainly for those three reasons and other more subtles, we can seriously consider that alongside Land Speeders, there will be a Baal Repulsor.