the BIG 9th edition room

Hopefully those chapter approved leaks have something nice for us.

BT are too new for that CA.

and 15 points for a gladiator is a bad joke.

Sword Brothers should go down -3 points. Crusadersquad the initiates 

should go down 1 point (as all intercessors if not 2 points). And that wont happen even if BT supp would be 1 year old.

Edited by Medjugorje

Why would they drop Primaris crusader squad points if they're showing up in winning tournament lists?

Sword brethren problem isn't their points, it's their how their low durability intersects with minimal maneuverability. You could make them 15 points per model and you'd still run into the same problem of needing to spend too much to get them places and your elite slot getting eaten up.

should go down 1 point (as all intercessors if not 2 points). And that wont happen even if BT supp would be 1 year old.

Custodes aren't really here yet and they already have points changes in CA. Why would BT be spared points changes in comparison ? 

A big tank like gladiator. If it is buffed to "balanced playable" in random chapter, then it may be "awesome" in BT, then go "broken imba" in Iron hands and need nerf. We could call it "Iron hands dilemma".

The decision of changes on an unit during balance, is largely based on the best performance of this unit, in tournaments. Which means when the FAQ talking about a marine primaris tank, it is taking about performance of the tank in Iron hands. If you are a big fan of big tank, you may never see your beloved toy going playable, when you don't want to play "the vehicle chapter".

A big tank like gladiator. If it is buffed to "balanced playable" in random chapter, then it may be "awesome" in BT, then go "broken imba" in Iron hands and need nerf. We could call it "Iron hands dilemma".

The decision of changes on an unit during balance, is largely based on the best performance of this unit, in tournaments. Which means when the FAQ talking about a marine primaris tank, it is taking about performance of the tank in Iron hands. If you are a big fan of big tank, you may never see your beloved toy going playable, when you don't want to play "the vehicle chapter".

Except even in the vehicle chapter they still suck so what do ? It's either pts cuts or a new edition to fix how vehicles work.

Why would they drop Primaris crusader squad points if they're showing up in winning tournament lists?

Sword brethren problem isn't their points, it's their how their low durability intersects with minimal maneuverability. You could make them 15 points per model and you'd still run into the same problem of needing to spend too much to get them places and your elite slot getting eaten up.

incubi are not even close by input but are twice as good as our SB are. The important thing is that Incubis kill stuff and get their job done. Even with their stratagem and a full squad of SB as Relicbearer and 5 Powerswords are really bad in terms of output.

Custodes aren't really here yet and they already have points changes in CA. Why would BT be spared points changes in comparison ? 

absolute fair point. But I dont think BT need any fix. They are strong but not OP when looking to their tournament results.

Edited by Medjugorje

you said that Sword Brothers lack of input. I say its their lack of output. 

They need a few specific things for being worth it. As infantry is cheap then you need no other rules but SB need speed ( auto charges / advance + charge / charge boni / better movement ) rules to reach combat and if they reach the opponent they should able to do some damage but they are not good enough.

They need a few specific things for being worth it. As infantry is cheap then you need no other rules but SB need speed ( auto charges / advance + charge / charge boni / better movement ) rules to reach combat and if they reach the opponent they should able to do some damage but they are not good enough.

Perhaps big picture disagreements aside, is the view that primaris sword brethren are mediocre not just kinda straightforward? I agree that they could use some sort of boost but that is kind of a pointless exercise in wishlisting. Super competitive they are not, and that's nothing new for a codex, so we gotta work around it until GW does something (or not).

-You said they needed to drop 3 points. 

-I said they needed a way to get into combat as they're too vulnerable to march up the board on foot with an impactful unit size. 

-You then garbled something about incubi. Which seems to be you saying they need a points drop and movement options and damage output like incubi? 

You understand that being "worth it" and being equivalent to incubi are two completely different things? Or that internal balance of the marine units has to be considered?

I'd say we're a way off a Pyreblaster barbecue yet but we're on the road to this getting heated, brothers. Let us remember the true foe is the xenos:thumbsup:

i would bet, GW will not change the point costs for that weapon. (and even for 5 points the weapon is pretty garbage).

I'd say we're a way off a Pyreblaster barbecue yet but we're on the road to this getting heated, brothers. Let us remember the true foe is the xenos. :thumbsup:

i would bet, GW will not change the point costs for that weapon. (and even for 5 points the weapon is pretty garbage).

I've run 4 in a 20 man a few times: it's hilarious.

Advance + bbq at 15" or hit them with 4d6 auto hits on overwatch.

Remember they're ap2 in tactical doctrine as well.

Here's hoping LRC's get a points drop! everything under the sun gets damage reduction but them, so they would need it.

They are not under the sun. Old marine vehicles are dying, for reasons we all known.

yea, you are not wrong, but it still doesn't make sense since the custodes LR got dropped by a few points. it would just be nice to have. It is barely worth the 300 points even with an invuln save after all!

Anyways, saw the point leak on goon hammer and I have to say I am super disappointed. Redemptors have gone up by 10 points, but I may bring two of them anyways just because they can do everything. Still stinks, but it isn't the worse point change for my army. just have to drop a few power weapons on my firstborn marines to get it in my main army. Still, here's hoping we don't take too big of a hit because of this

https://www.goonhammer.com/the-nachmund-gt-season-points-review-january-2022/