the BIG 9th edition room

So I have a ton of old marines, like 30 Incursors, some ransoms primaris from the last boxed set, 9 suoreasors and 2-3 copies of indomitus coming. I also have our characters (even Draco), a couple of chaplains (including a jump chappy), a smash captain, a couple of LRC, various tanks, 2 pure hand to hand leviathans, a contemptor, 2 stealth warsuits, a dread or two, and 3-6 drop pods.

I’m at a loss as to how to make this into something that works for 9th. I love running crusader blobs but they seem super useless now. Should I bite the bullet and her primaris transports? I’m getting paralysis through analysis here! I prefer getting in to hand to hand as much as possible but I also like a semi-balanced army that can do well.

Does anyone have ideas which direction I should go? I haven’t played in sooooo long I just am lost.

Personally Im thinking of doing the same concept Ive had for a while which Ive yet to complete or use and that is to have an army that can move very fast, anything with a 9+ movement gets in and then drop pods for things like sternguard or devastators and with a backline of MSU troops and dreadnoughts. Not sure how many points this is but something like this

Helbrecht

Grimaldus

Lieutenant

3x 5 man Intercessor squad

2x Redemptor with Onslaught Cannon

2x Invictors with flamers

2x Ven Dreads with lascannon

Inceptors and/or the new bikes

Sternguard or Devastators for more AT and put them in Drop Pods with Helbrecht

Infiltrator troops are also a good idea but I dont have any but the idea is to be anywhere you need to be and be able to cap objectives or throw several squads into whatever you need to assault, Im still not sure how I will use Assault Intercessors or Bladeguard since both are screaming to get outflanked and charge but I dont know.

There's a rumour that the Chapter Tactic will be updated to allow us to reroll charges AND Advance rolls

a guy made a screenshot of the review and so far he can read that, it was told so. Not that strong in the first place but dont forget our 2 important stratagems.

btw... Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Space Wolves are now "Templered" official. But they will get new supplements ...  And i am very sure we get one too.

Per the screenshot of the open chapter tactics page, our chapter tactic has gone back to a straight up re-roll. We do not get to a pick or choose a die to re-roll anymore. Though we can re-roll advance rolls as well, which IMO I think will still come in handy. Especially if we get to keep advancing and charging as a stratagem. I use advancing quite a bit currently especially when I need to get on an objective that's out of that 6'' movement range. 

Given the previous standalone codex chapters are now just supplements I don't think we will be getting one. Not any time soon anyway.

Unfortunately I have to agree. With this our chances for a supplement are slim.

And for a sprue and primaris char aswell.

Let's see how this folds out.

I'm not sure how to feel about trading the ability to reroll single charge dice for rerolling advances. On the one hand, being the army that basically never fails charges was cool. On the other, using The Emperor's Will and then rolling a 1 always feels bad.

Putting everyone on the supplement system makes a lot of sense, but it sounds like we aren't getting one, at least not any time soon. Alas.

They seem to be slightly needing rerolls generally to be fair. Looking at the Command Reroll strat for instance.

It's a shame though, as it was a cool edge over everyone else.

I don't foresee a supplement after learning Eavy Metal had to fight so hard to add in just one Black Templar into the schedule. No way GW will launch a whole new supplement with no Primaris models in it.

Edited by Marshal Mattias

At this point I’m genuinely starting to wonder if I have a persecution complex or if we are really getting constantly shafted.

We will try again in 2021. :D

Now the long wait till october...

Edited by Sete

At this point I’m genuinely starting to wonder if I have a persecution complex or if we are really getting constantly shafted.

We will try again in 2021. :D

Now the long wait till october...

The eternal crusade continues.

I have probably 4-5,000 points of painted Templars not counting all the new primaris stuff. I was thinking it would be nice to branch out but I love this army too much to paint guys in another, lesser chapter. I don’t want us to be the top army. I don’t want to be OP. I want us to be fun and unique and competitive.

While I agree the change to our reroll ability is disappointing the ability to reroll advance rolls as well could be useful, though I'd have preferred a straight plus 1” to our rolls. That said, there's more to our tactic than the reroll and I wonder if we'll keep our 5+++ against mortal wounds or if that will change or be added to. Edited by Marshal Arthur