the BIG 9th edition room

I still don't know how worth it going above 11 models will be in a squad, but between Transhuman, cover, a possible buff to LR Crusaders (everything else seems to be improving) and other such strats, the world is really opening up for us. Hell, even things as they are, 10 man Crusader squads are going to be weirdly efficient.

So if our crusader squads are going to be 2W and 18ppm, does that mean crusader squads are now a fairly even trade for primaris marines? Assault intercessors are 19ppm, meaning that for +1 point they get +1 attack but not much else, they lose out on the cheaper transport options and (pending a change to the codex) will only potentially get 1 special melee weapon per squad and no flamers (which will now be range 12"), meltaguns (which will not be +2D at half range), or plasma guns (which now only explode on natural 1s).

Overall this is a huge plus for our firstborn brothers and as someone who wants to go heavy into assault this edition, I'm hoping that Assault Intercessors get access to the Veteran Intercessor stratagem just to give them a bonus over our crusader squads.

So if our crusader squads are going to be 2W and 18ppm, does that mean crusader squads are now a fairly even trade for primaris marines?

Yeah, definitely. At just +1 point for +1 attack, Assault Intercessors still look pretty good, and paying for a fist/hammer is a better deal on a model with 3 attacks rather than 1-2. But weapon options and transport options are still powerful, and mixing in Neophytes to cheaply soak D2 shots could be great. With our various durability buffs, a full-size Crusader squad could be pretty powerful as a melee obsec threat.

I think I'll be bringing out the "Black Templar boxing team" (2x5 Initiates with four power fists in a Rhino) a lot more often.

Have we thought about 20 man bolter crusader squads? With the new max range of 30", 15" is rapid fire now. Might not be the biggest deal since the real important range is 9", but extra reach on a big squad shouldn't be overlooked.

I think its not too far away but not in the next few month. I think they made all Marines PA Supplements for the codex SM and after a few codicies will be released then the first Supplements will be dropped. I expect the Blood Angels and Death Watch first and later the Space Wolves and Black Templars... but i am very sure we will get a new Supplement within next 12-18 month.

Edited by Medjugorje

They had to because if they dont wrote FF for BT they had a rage again. And yes, when a few of the new units from Indomitus were shown on facebook there was a big rage about missing BT. And they wrote ..."BA, DA, SW, DW and maybe a few more"...