the BIG 9th edition room

Power Swoooooooooooooordsssssssss!

That's what I want.

that is something we have already with Bladeguards.

I think if Sword Brethren are just normal (veterans with +1A) Marines without any invul save, we will never see them on the battlefield.

I think they need something outstanding on the battlefield. Extra big chainswords like repentias --> 5+++ and big chainswords with Dmg2 and double Str to kill the new orks 

For me its not just about rules. In terms of style the BGV is very very Templarísh. Means I dont want to have another BGV ( neither for the game and especially not for models ).

But Combi weapons should be able for all Marines - not just for us. We need a stylish BT specific close combat unit. Maybe oriented on a religious things but not shooty.

Edited by Medjugorje

I’ve never liked the look of combi weapons, but maybe the primarisified versions will look better. Here’s hoping

I also care nothing for the rules, I’m a modeling guy, I don’t play the game

Edited by Sarvis

What did they do as BT that they wouldn't do better in another chapter? @medjugorje

Nothing. But I think my problem in most games is that often there is no space to "devot push" Eradicators into safe space back. If they coming out and shoot something, then they will be dead after. Same with Trikes - except for 5+++ and 4++ for one round (and even then they will die fast) becaus of range.

I think 90 points for an unit which has BS 2+ and 1+ in cover could be very strong against a lot of enemies. I have to try them against other lists but especially against Volkite it was very strong -->2+ save (even against MArines you still can roll on 2+ because the doctrine ist just -1ap) and against Mortal wounds we have 5+++.

36" is a good range and if the enemy has some good shooting we can still give them 4++ and 6+++ in first round. BS 2+ with Captain/Helbrecht reroll 1.

I think our biggest problem is anti-tank.

What did they do as BT that they wouldn't do better in another chapter? @medjugorje

Nothing. But I think my problem in most games is that often there is no space to "devot push" Eradicators into safe space back. If they coming out and shoot something, then they will be dead after. Same with Trikes - except for 5+++ and 4++ for one round (and even then they will die fast) becaus of range.

I think 90 points for an unit which has BS 2+ and 1+ in cover could be very strong against a lot of enemies. I have to try them against other lists but especially against Volkite it was very strong -->2+ save (even against MArines you still can roll on 2+ because the doctrine ist just -1ap) and against Mortal wounds we have 5+++.

36" is a good range and if the enemy has some good shooting we can still give them 4++ and 6+++ in first round. BS 2+ with Captain/Helbrecht reroll 1.

I think our biggest problem is anti-tank.

For anti tank I'm really eyeing up that gladiator (valiant variant). 8 AT shots a turn on a T8 frame with 12 wound for 210 points is pretty good.

3+ save and no invul. 210... there you can have 6 shots from 12 wounds 1+ save for 180. Devot push. FnP, Core (rerolls in all forms and 6+++ from Apo)  BS 2+ and still reliable in close combat. Obsec when close to Rites of war...

85 points if you want the Relic against psyker (and stratagem to deepstrike in round 2 or 3 ). 

I would say if we get 5++ on vehicles then we could field 3 of them instead of Eradicators and Trikes. 

Edited by Medjugorje

3+ save and no invul. 210... there you can have 6 shots from 12 wounds 1+ save for 180. Devot push. FnP, Core (rerolls in all forms and 6+++ from Apo)  BS 2+ and still reliable in close combat. Obsec when close to Rites of war...

85 points if you want the Relic against psyker (and stratagem to deepstrike in round 2 or 3 ). 

I would say if we get 5++ on vehicles then we could field 3 of them instead of Eradicators and Trikes. 

Not everything needs an invulnerable save to be good lol. I'm not saying the gladiator will survive anything thrown at it, but T8 is way better than T7 as far as survivability in this game goes, and 4 lastalon + 4 multimelta shots is nothing to sneeze at. 

Eradicators are better, I won't argue that for a moment, I'm just saying, as an option if people WANTED to use something other than just what is good in the meta, this tank is solid. 

180-185 points would be quite noice.

would be still too expensive.

Look how strong Eradicators are in comparison. Core, better keyords, way cheaper,... can hide, can be buffed. 

They can't be much better according to this for example

Core, better keywords <<----- 2 points you make that are actually the same point, core is a keyword

Way cheaper << -------- In this example your basing this decision on the conceptual idea that the Gladiator is 180-185 points - in comparison that is roughly 4 eradicators at that point limit. The shots are equal, as are the wounds, but the Gladiator has more T, while the eradicators can get FNP and potentially a 4++ if you take the Aurillian Shroud, but that is only for a turn. Eradicators will also have better options of benefitting from cover. 

Can Hide <<----- Both units can benefit from obscuring terrain in the exact same way, your game boards should have plenty of LOS blocking terrain in the middle of the board to give you options to hide anything in your army. 

can be buffed <----- This is addressed in your point about keywords, so a 3rd point you made, that is still really just the first.

So although this is all hypothetical really, I feel like your idea of what is balanced at a certain point level is off.

no no no,.... If you hide behind terrain, with Eradicators you can go threw,.. with tanks you have to drive all the way around. 

Each person who played 9th edition will know HOW BIG this difference is truly. 

It is THAT F+++ HUGE, really !!!!!!!!!!!

no no no,.... If you hide behind terrain, with Eradicators you can go threw,.. with tanks you have to drive all the way around. 

Each person who played 9th edition will know HOW BIG this difference is truly. 

It is THAT F+++ HUGE, really !!!!!!!!!!!

You can easily game getting around obscuring terrain for a clear shot when you have a 10" move on a unit, it isn't THAT hard, I do it with my impulsor all the time. 

clearly NO. With all that "L" Buildings and devot push the movement for infantry is so much better. As Impulsors had FLY it was such a good unit. They are not played competitve because that movment in the first phases if you hide them.Of course its better to fly over enemy units and stuff but the most important thing why we dont see them anymore is that movement problem.

If you dont believe me then ask any real top player in your area.

clearly NO. With all that "L" Buildings and devot push the movement for infantry is so much better. As Impulsors had FLY it was such a good unit. They are not played competitve because that movment in the first phases if you hide them.Of course its better to fly over enemy units and stuff but the most important thing why we dont see them anymore is that movement problem.

If you dont believe me then ask any real top player in your area.

"Real Top Player"

Lol I crush my local meta, constantly, and still use the impulsor combo to this day.