the BIG 9th edition room

I gotta say that while I wasnt too hyped for these rumors I will thank Laeroth, Valrak and Sete for keeping that info alive and that after this teaser I am getting hyped again because god knows this teaser is already more attention we've had in years and now that the rumors are validated a  bit more I think its safe to say good things are finally coming our way. 

It took 10+ years but its finally OUR time, OUR YEAR! LETS GOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I crave some pics! Hoping someone will get the thumbs up soon and show us the Emperors Finest

I don't want to tease but when you see the Templar models it will ROCK YOUR WORLD.

Valrak you’re killing me with anticipation

I gotta paint more of the Marines I've had lying around for years so people don't think I'm just hopping on the bandwagon lmao

GW must have realized I've been on a gunpla binge these past few months; just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!

I gotta paint more of the Marines I've had lying around for years so people don't think I'm just hopping on the bandwagon lmao

GW must have realized I've been on a gunpla binge these past few months; just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!

Gunpla ?

Gunpla ?

Like Redmapa said, Gundam model kits from Bandai. They're more sensibly priced than GW's minis imo, and I like a lot of the Mobile Suit Gundam (Universal Century) designs, like the Zaku II. Plus you don't necessarily have to paint them, which makes for a nice change of pace from 40k kits lol. Gonna have to hold off from 'em for the next few months though, so I can save for the KT boxset, HH Beakie set, and of course the approaching Black Templar releases.

I'm interested in how these supposed 2.0 versions of Sword Brethren, Crusader squads, etc are going to work. Especially Sword Brethren; will they be akin to the Hounds of Morkai, and are just Bladeguard bundled with an upgrade sprue and given a special profile? Or will they be a full, proper unit with wargear options and the like.

For Crusader Squads, how will they stack up against Assault Intercessors? I am skeptical that they'd simply make them flat-out better than the Intercessors; will they have standard bolt pistols or boltguns instead of HB pistols, as a trade off for the ability to take Neophytes along? Will they feature Sword Brethren as squad leaders, or are we going back to 4th ed. format where there is no squad leader? This also applies to the Sword Brethren.

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

I believe it's been said above that sword brethren get combi weapons - a big deal for primaris as none have had them so far. Presumably they'll have some good melee weapon options too.

They essentially sound like significantly better veteran intercessors honestly. Wouldn't be surprised if they dont have shield options (so that bladeguard retain a purpose)

Crusader squads I'd guess will be able to mix and match gear in the same way death company intercessors can, but wont be able to use the intercessor strats probably. Presumably they'll have some melee upgrade options too.

Hopefully they will be clever and make Sword Brethren a keyword on a number of veteran units like Wolf Guard or Inner Circle.

Hopefully not. Sword Brethren are our special veterans, like Wolf Guard are to Space Wolves and Inner Circle units are to Dark Angels. they already have their special units, let us have ours

Think the point is, perhaps you’ll have a unique unit AND all other vets might get a keyword and then if you have some sword brethren strata, any vet could use it. Makes sense to me tbh. Ultimately better than just a unit to get a unit and some stuff to make the others better lol.

Maybe I misread the post. If they were listing wolf guard and inner circle as a examples of special keywords given to veterans and saying we should get the same treatment with sword brethren, then yes, that makes perfect sense. The way I read it is that they wanted to give space wolves and dark angels access to our stratas via a sword brethren keyword for wolf guard and inner circle units