Hive Fleet Solerön

WarriorFish

Yes I noticed that too, though I won't be getting a second. That and as nice as the model is it does have a set pose, but I don't think it would be a lot of work to make some modest adjustments.

The two upper claw arms can have multiple positions if you wished, and the head while needing more effort shouldn't be a difficult task to fill in the gap and create a new one (if you wanted it looking anything other than straight ahead). The rest could be from attaching it to the base in a different way which I reckon would do quite a bit in making it not obvious as the same model on the table, especially if you got creative with angles - though I'd recommend some extra work to secure it to the base safely if you did.

• 4 weeks later...

While I wait for the Bug's Life event to start so I can paint the Parasite up I've made a bit more progress on the Tyranigon:

gallery_30308_16534_12913.jpeg

The Rupture Cannon is magnetised :smile.: With the exception of the head magnet the body magnets are all done too. I redid the front arm ones, filing down the inner plastic as much as possible to ensure the magnets were closer and doubled the inner ones:

gallery_30308_16534_8766.jpeg

The connection is good, though with the length of the weapon arm it needs the connecting magnets too:

gallery_30308_16534_31687.jpeg

Fortunately the way the gun goes together aids this endeavour, and I could easily remove some inner plastic so there was plenty of room for the magnet :smile.: The neck magnet for the heads will be simple enough (ensuring the arm magnets don't get in the way aside) and can be done once the torso halves are glued. This would mark a part way in construction where I can do some gap filling before continuing with assembly.

Before that I have another plan, just in case anyone thought I was getting too close to finally painting the model :laugh.: As you can't have the spike/claws with the Tervigon birthing sac and the holes are rather conspicuous I decided to cut them down and fill the hole to remove them. Pre-filling on the right:

gallery_30308_16534_57270.jpeg

In for a penny in for a pound right? :tongue.: It'll be a while yet before this is ready to start painting but it'll be worth it when I get there :)

It's a nice kit, I've made it more work with my magnetising etc as if you were assembling it normally I don't think you'd feel you needed an extra hand :laugh.: It helps that I've long accepting this would be a slow burn endeavour, hence working on other nid projects alongside (when I'm not naughty and go over my three project goal...).

I've already made the joke/not-joke that I'll spend so much time on this it'll be in every game it can fit in, but both models fit my needs/wants and are nice so even if that wasn't the case I think it'd be a regular. It's just a nice model all round with good options, but then I think you can say this about all of the large nid kits :smile.: If you're after more conversion work and bits I think it's a good box to get, as it has a lot going on :thumbsup:

Speaking of projects, I've hooked out the Deathleaper ready to join the Bug's Life fray once the Parasite and Rippers are done :smile.:

The Tervigon part should be the easier task as the arms are "single" so don't need to mate with one another and the head will be simple. The birthing sac shouldn't be too much work as you can put the magnets in that rather than the body so it clips on, I matt varnish my nids so this will help protect the paint on the torso from contact so in theory it should all work out.

It's on hold again, my goal is the Parasite as I want to use it this weekend. He's got a fair bit of surface area but I'm off to a good start so I'm sure I can finish in time, then it's the Rippers. I should be trying to find some time to read the codex and data cards too... :sweat:

Almost forgot to update my own WIP :sweat: First vow for Bug's Life is done in time for the game tomorrow:

gallery_30308_16534_15500.jpg

I will get some better pictures of him in game, I went with an off white for the wings. I was thinking about an off black but thought it would be too strong next to the rest of the scheme as the wings have quite a bit of surface area. Now he's done I think this was the right decision, especially thinking about larger models like a Flyrant or one of the flyers. Even goyles, when all together in a squad, would probably be the same with all the wings?

The Rippers who won't take too long outside of being fiddly with their small size. The Deathleaper should be another nice character project as I enjoyed the Parasite :)