New Space marine Codex and DA

solarisqc

That won't be true. The rules for that:

"While this unit is within Engagement Range of any enemy Fallen units, unless this unit has the VEHICLE keyword, this unit cannot be selected to Fall Back."

"Each time you select this unit to Fall Back, unless it has the VEHICLE, RAVENWING or CHAPTER MASTER keywords, roll 2D6: if the result is less than or equal to the unit’s Leadership characteristic it can Fall Back, otherwise it cannot Fall Back and must Remain Stationary instead"

Dreadnoughts have the VEHICLE keyword, and thus will not have those restrictions imposed.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Dreadnoughts are CORE units, so they would have access to that. But that will benefit really from the DEATHWING keyword, not at all from the actual Inner Circle ability.

In fact, the Inner Circle ability impressively manages to be entirely ineffectual on vehicles in general, which is good design to keep it from having weird unintended consequences.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

assembled the chaplain on a bike, im sad to report hes virtually monobuild, u cant mount an alternative shoulderpad or u need to go without part of the bike seat, u cant mount the halo onto alternative heads, and you cant mount anything smaller then a terminator shoulderpad if u wanna be without the bike seat backsplash he also doesnt take to alternative heads very well. but i managed to get mine to mount the reclusiarch alternative head and a backpack ornament instead which isnt the worst. this means your gonna need to do decals or freehand logos no two ways around it really. also theres nowhere to strap a pistol or grenades in any sort of clean way or ravenwing saddle bags, or a ravenwing feather tower

the book is also just sorta sitting there same with a skull decoration u mount on the back wheel. if u drop this guy and he breaks those will probably be the first things to go and may not be fixable

WViF4PB.jpg

Edited by aura_enchanted

assembled the chaplain on a bike, im sad to report hes virtually monobuild, u cant mount an alternative shoulderpad or u need to go without part of the bike seat, u cant mount the halo onto alternative heads, and you cant mount anything smaller then a terminator shoulderpad if u wanna be without the bike seat backsplash he also doesnt take to alternative heads very well. but i managed to get mine to mount the reclusiarch alternative head and a backpack ornament instead which isnt the worst. this means your gonna need to do decals or freehand logos no two ways around it really. also theres nowhere to strap a pistol or grenades in any sort of clean way or ravenwing saddle bags, or a ravenwing feather tower

the book is also just sorta sitting there same with a skull decoration u mount on the back wheel. if u drop this guy and he breaks those will probably be the first things to go and may not be fixable

Clearly not trying hard enough:

TwqMOhV.jpg

I've already figured out some ways to make him more Ravenwing. Just need to get mine

Edited by Gederas

Just cut the seat thing off, I had to do that to mount Ravenwing black knight wings on my indomitus bikers.

You can easily replace the head as well, and the Ravenwing Champion comes with a halo you can work with, so if you've made any black knights you should have some extras.

You should get some extra RW black knight wings from the apothecary wing, you can take a sharp knife and easily clean away the helix symbol from it.

I didn't replace the shoulderpad on mine because I prefer decals to molded shoulderpads, but you could easily cut the pad away and replace it like Gederas has. Should work the same for the chaplain.

E23qGEc.jpg

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I'm a little disappointed, my chaplain and ATV order haven't arrived at my local GW yet.

I'm trying to figure out what size base I'm going to need for the ATV.  Did anyone get one this weekend?  Is it about the same size as the GSC Ridgerunner?  Or is it closer in size to the Ork dragsters?

I'm a little disappointed, my chaplain and ATV order haven't arrived at my local GW yet.

I'm trying to figure out what size base I'm going to need for the ATV.  Did anyone get one this weekend?  Is it about the same size as the GSC Ridgerunner?  Or is it closer in size to the Ork dragsters?

It's this big (compared to the Primaris Bike Chaplain's bike):

cefca50d24db3a689bf848dcf83867d8.jpg

Probably either the 120x92mm oval or 170x105mm oval

Edited by Gederas

Had me a couple of games today against the Deathwatch. To try the new rules. Although the Deathwatch ones seem to be a mess overall (at least, as far as my opponent and I couls figure out), the new rules for us are pretty good!

So, impressions that should not surprise anyone:

1) The extra wound on Firstborn is amazing at making the army feel like actual super human soldiers. Although the abundance of D2+ weapons makes it so that their newfound resilience is less of a game changer as one would have hoped, it certainly is well deserved for an army that should, in all honestly, feel this tough on the board.

2) Inner Circle is just amazing. No more needs to be said. It is simply amazing. Terminators are now INCREDIBLY good on the board. Even just a single squad with stock weapons.

3) Jink being gone on regular bikers is tough, but since we can still activate it reactively, its not that big a deal. Specially since...

4) ... CP is more abundant now. Between Inner Circle, and some key CP Consuming stratagems gone, you obviously have more CP on hand. I didn't run out once in both games I played today.

5) Having the +1 to hit in melee for standing still is surprisingly good and useful!

Next saturday I should get a chance at more games. I'll see about sharing my experience in them.

Thinking I'll give this a go:

Vanguard Detachment:

Captain in TDA    105
    Relic Blade
    Storm Bolter
    Warlord: Rites of War
Ancient in TDA    120
    Chapter Ancient
    Hero of the Chapter: Steadfast Example
    Pennant of Remembrance

InterroChap in TDA  100
DW Apoth    115
    Chief Apothecary
10 DWK        470
10 DWK        470
4 DWTCS        175
    AC
    1 PF
    2 TH/SS
5 DWT        215
    CML
    2 PFs
    2 TH/SS
Contemptor Mortis   210

CML

2xTwin Las

Comes out to 1980 with 9 CPs.

Two Big blobs of DWK with obsec and a beefcake dread for flavour. Honestly I know I should drop the lev for a twin las contemptor mortis but I have the model and I hate seeing it collect dust. Nope forgot about the relic rule, mortis it is and I threw in a chaplain. Considering a librarian for null zone though.

Edited by MeatGrinder

Can someone point me to where stoic prosecution is. And am i correct in thinking interromancy is gone and Ezekiels entry is a typo?

Nowhere, yes, and yes.

Not in the FAQ. Interromancy isn't in the FAQ, but Ezekiel's entry isn't a typo.

Because the other three Chief Librarians all have that +1 to cast their Psychic Discipline, but it's not in the respective FAQs.

Because why would we buy the Supplement if they gave all the rules for free?

Can someone point me to where stoic prosecution is. And am i correct in thinking interromancy is gone and Ezekiels entry is a typo?

Nowhere, yes, and yes.
Not in the FAQ. Interromancy isn't in the FAQ, but Ezekiel's entry isn't a typo.

Because the other three Chief Librarians all have that +1 to cast their Psychic Discipline, but it's not in the respective FAQs.

Because why would we buy the Supplement if they gave all the rules for free?

When the supplement comes, you know they will make all new data cards for all of our units. Thet could put the rule then, when it becomes relevant.

Adding it now makes no sense.

Unless you want to play casual and have both the new data and still have the buff while using your pa ?

I thought PAs were overwritten by the new FAQ (despite GWs now questionable claims that "9e will be compatible with PA and, in fact, the PAs have been designed with 9e in mind!")

Unless you want to play casual and have both the new data and still have the buff while using your pa ?

I thought PAs were overwritten by the new FAQ (despite GWs now questionable claims that "9e will be compatible with PA and, in fact, the PAs have been designed with 9e in mind!")

Their statement is relatively true for many factions, but is definitively not for any of the SM ones folded into the codex. I'm much happier with the index, I really didn't want to carry three books around.

They told us what we wanted to hear to get their PA money. Now that they have they've release the faq knowing they'll get their Terminator and eradicator money. Then, they'll release the supplements and a new unit will "unexpectedly" sell out too.

I'm glad this time around it's a unit I have 80+ of but still. LVO is coming up, and I'd like some sure footedness

I highly doubt the FAQ will net them much terminator money, it definitely isn't right now.

Deathwing terminators have been sold out since before the FAQ, and likely will have very slow production until the reboxing hits closer towards the supplement release.

Besides, Deathwing terminators are a kit that anyone playing the faction should be buying anyways.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion