New Space marine Codex and DA

solarisqc

The new Deathwing especially is fantastic, at least fluff-wise and not just rulewise. It reminds me a ton of the Deathwing Right of War from HH. Although sub-par unfortunately, one cool part is it gets a FNP when on an objective. I see both of these and I get the feeling that this is a Deathwing tied to the same one 10 millennia prior.

I could see a version where the 1-3 rule comes activates within a certain range of an objective. That would introduce some interesting things with them being the first wave to take objectives before moving ObSec troops onto it.

Games will need to be play before we can realy find the impact of the new Jink/Inner circle rules. If everyone have more FUN playing DA with the new rules than we ever have before, it will be a win/win and the rules will stay, if people don't like games with the new rules it will change.

After 3 games vs them, I can say that theyre terrifying.

Deathwing are the new hotness. You really just need to avoid them when there's a banner in the mix. I think, one of the solutions (and things you guys should look out for) is the Vindicare. According to the "rare rules" section - his 2+ to wound on infantry will take precedence, so he will probably try hit the banner asap to remove that horrid 5+++.

Also, new heavy Hellblasters are unreal with 2 damage flat- and 3 on OC. Even without WotDA - with Azzy babysitting, theyre getting dev doctrine bonus for 3 turns and are hitting on 2s, RR 1s. So, so so good. Theyve been the stars of my mate's army.

If there is a DW command squad in 3" of banner, the Vindicare cannot target him, right?

Games will need to be play before we can realy find the impact of the new Jink/Inner circle rules. If everyone have more FUN playing DA with the new rules than we ever have before, it will be a win/win and the rules will stay, if people don't like games with the new rules it will change.

After 3 games vs them, I can say that theyre terrifying.

Deathwing are the new hotness. You really just need to avoid them when there's a banner in the mix. I think, one of the solutions (and things you guys should look out for) is the Vindicare. According to the "rare rules" section - his 2+ to wound on infantry will take precedence, so he will probably try hit the banner asap to remove that horrid 5+++.

Also, new heavy Hellblasters are unreal with 2 damage flat- and 3 on OC. Even without WotDA - with Azzy babysitting, theyre getting dev doctrine bonus for 3 turns and are hitting on 2s, RR 1s. So, so so good. Theyve been the stars of my mate's army.

If there is a DW command squad in 3" of banner, the Vindicare cannot target him, right?
Right

The Ancient is a character

Right

The Ancient is a character

But a Vindicare assassin ignores "look out sir", so he can.

Forgot the bodyguard rule.

Edited by Isual

it's not the look out sire that protect the ancient, it's the bodyguard rules. Until they updated the Vindicare rules, he can't target a character within 3'' of a model with the 3'' bodyguard rules.

Oh, I missed that one... my bad sorry :sweat:

Sorry, may have missed it on the interwebs, but what's the dealio with Company Vets?

Gone?

Replaced with Sternguard?

Waiting for Supplement rules?

Unknown?

Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

We still have them, they're company vets from the SM book ( plus the unique option of taking combat shields); obviously they don't get the Deathwing keyword.

Sorry, may have missed it on the interwebs, but what's the dealio with Company Vets?

Gone?

Replaced with Sternguard?

Waiting for Supplement rules?

Unknown?

Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

We still have them, they're company vets from the SM book ( plus the unique option of taking combat shields); obviously they don't get the Deathwing keyword.
Company Vets are not inducted in the DW

BTW DA also get the Veteran Intercessors too now

Veteran intercessors would make sense in that case as a sort of company veteran, but they don't have any of the bodyguard, command squad, etc. abilities of the company veterans.

I'm not quite certain where they fit in given that. There may not have been too much thought put into it though.

Veteran intercessors would make sense in that case as a sort of company veteran, but they don't have any of the bodyguard, command squad, etc. abilities of the company veterans.

I'm not quite certain where they fit in given that. There may not have been too much thought put into it though.

Well, in the lore there are many mentions of veteran, expert fighters that will never get in the DW because they simply don't have the right kind of mind; vets are either those or warriors that are on the verge of being put in the crucuble to see if they cut it in DW I'd suppose

I need to come clean chat... I really wanted to tell u all but I got my hardcopy early and have had it most of the week. I wanted to share and get that off my chest it felt awful not saying it. It was done on accident and I to avoid any painful repercussions on my one and only store to play at had to be silent so nobody lost their job Edited by aura_enchanted

The vets can become psuedo breachers with a storm shield/combat and a gun of choice including special weapons. U can make them a melee stab squad, u can run a gun of choice and a stabbing implement, u can make them ghetto hellblasters and go full special weapon, and then the usual 1 in 5 heavy weapons nonsense

That being said, does anyone know whether the Redemptor Dreadnought will have the option to get the Inner Circle keyword? 

Right now no, but I doubt people will have to repaint all those white dreads in the end

Great news, so the new datasheet is better than the old?

Or did I miss something?

Basically think about a tacsquad with the weapon options of vanguard vets minus the jump pack but with combi e special weapons; I doubt you'll need to modify your old squad.

Edited by Brother Ramael

That being said, does anyone know whether the Redemptor Dreadnought will have the option to get the Inner Circle keyword? 

Right now no, but I doubt people will have to repaint all those white dreads in the end 

Aww, that would have been awesome. Rip, back to the drawing board.

3 things I'd love to see come our Supplement:

1) more neo-volkite. As either an option for Characters or just added to the pistols list for us. Plasma isn't special anymore.

2) the option for Master on Jetbike. I converted my own 2nd Company Master after reading the line that Successors may have jetbikes for their 2nd Masters.

3) to not get our new rules taken away. Not just nerfed but removed with no replacement.

I expect that all 3 will have the opposite occur.

As for the theme of the Dark Angels, unlike other Chapters they have two.

Outside of combat they are the knightly, monastic, honourable and dutiful warriors the Legion was. However this is behind closed doors, to which only Unforgiven may enter.

In combat they are ruthless, reserved, secretive and distant. The only consideration is results. Their doctrine is "The precise application of overwhelming force".

What are the Unforgiven without the Fallen? They are the Unforgiven. The Fallen merely represent a chance to wash away the sin of betrayal in blood. Something to look forward to, a goal that can be achieved.

It wouldn't be absurd, Inner Circle is scoped to only affect infantry with the built-in transhuman. So it won't give that bonus to Dreadnoughts, just as it doesn't do so for Ravenwing Black Knights, as they are Bikers.

Note the rule:

"Each time an attack is made against this unit, if this unit has the INFANTRY keyword, an unmodified wound roll of 1-3 always fails, irrespective of any abilities that the weapon or the model making that attack may have."

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

It wouldn't be absurd, Inner Circle is scoped to only affect infantry with the built-in transhuman. So it won't give that bonus to Dreadnoughts, just as it doesn't do so for Ravenwing Black Knights, as they are Bikers.

Ahh right...so what would dreds gain from it?

Not really anything.

I think getting the DEATHWING keyword will be more useful for dreads for some sort of synergy across the subfaction or maybe some access to strategems.

Note it also doesn't lose anything. It does not have to pass the morale test to fall back, as it has the VEHICLE keyword.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion