bigtrouble’s Dark Angels

bigtrouble

Some updates, I finished my next squad. I did these as Veteran Intercessors. The Sergeant is magnetized, but the squad is glued. I considered doing these as magnetized so I could swap in melee arms, but decided I would like to do the tabards again some day anyway.

gallery_196892_16670_6549.jpeg

Next up, some Hellblasters and the indomitus Eradicator squad. Had a little mishap with priming as I got near the end of the can, so I have some IPA cleanup to do, already scraped off the blobs.

gallery_196892_16670_251300.jpeg

And lastly, my birthday present to myself has arrived, and I’m super excited to get building. I have not done a large resin piece, and can already tell this will take me a while. I plan on painting it Deathwing colors. Yes, I know that the twin volkites are the meta smasher, but I love lascannons, and volkites are always sold out anyway!

gallery_196892_16670_238295.jpeg

Lovely work mate, that's one steady hand you have there!

I've build the exact same dread last month, good luck with that one! Good thing the new resin models are a joy to work with, just be carefull when clipping the shoulderpieces.

Good advice! Just finished clipping and sanding those. One of them filed down a bit thin, but i don’t see a need for any filling once it was fitted together. I was worried when I saw how it was attached, and I don’t have a hobby saw. I might need to get one if I plan on any more resin.

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered the BA combat patrol for the librarian and the impulsor. Ebay find at below retail, so it’s worth it just for those two models. I couldn’t help myself, even though my current backlog of primed models includes 10 hellblasters, 3 eradicators, 3 outriders, the bike chappie, primaris chap and judiciar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ve been busy in the workshop lately, assembling primaris brothers from the BA combat patrol, which I found complemented the DA box really nicely. Not pictured are the primaris librarian and the impulsor. I have yet to assemble the Aggressors; I need to replenish my magnets.

gallery_196892_16670_397.jpeg

I am also working on this terminator librarian. I came across this pre-bent copper wire from the kids’ Easter egg kit. I have wanted to do a big OSL piece to really challenge myself to learn it, so I’d like to create a lightning/arc flash effect. I’m looking at poses and ways to run the wire. If you have suggestions, please share them.

gallery_196892_16670_83477.jpeg

gallery_196892_16670_329878.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...