bigtrouble’s Dark Angels

bigtrouble

• 2 weeks later...

Not much painting going on, but lots has happened. I went on a bit of a spree, acquiring the Leviathan, Agastus, and DA half of Soul Forged King boxes. My painting area is cleaned up, my bits are in this funky old drawer organizer my dad had. I got so much built and primed, I had to add a couple shelves! My 6 year old built his first models today, the Necrons from Indomitus. The bottom shelf is all his! I made a list of all my projects and WIP units. I think I want to do my old metal Azrael after I finish building all these kits!

Been going through a rough patch lately, but it’s good to hobby.

IMG_9460.jpeg

IMG_9462.jpeg

IMG_9463.jpeg

Had a nice 1000 pt battle against my cousin‘s CSM this weekend. We played through turn 3, it was mostly just a learning game again. The mission cards are fun and exciting. The new GW app and Tabletop Battles app from Goonhammer make it all really accessible. I brought as much speed as I could, the Talonmaster giving out ignores cover and having Lone Operative while near the bikes is a lot of fun. Overall I’m enjoying the changes fo gameplay in 10th, reducing the amount of times I have to check rules interactions is already a boon.

IMG_9449.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I had a great game against my cousin’s CSM on the kitchen table recently. I had my two boys running around, rolling dice for us, stealing measuring tapes.

I’ve built almost all of the new boxes, just some Desolators left. Got a bunch of stuff primed, and looking forward to building the Tyranids half of Leviathan.  

IMG_9598.jpeg

IMG_9612.jpeg

• 1 month later...

WIP metal Azzy. The fuzzy texture is due to a zenithal priming mishap that affected my metal Azrael and Ezekiel models. I just went with it. Only really bothers me up close. IMG_9679.thumb.jpeg.633df09ca18225dd6815f1044e292501.jpeg

I finally got all my kits built and primed before the rain started. All that’s left on sprue is some necrons and tyranids that I’m building with my boys.

I have more squads than I can fit into 4th company now, so I’ve decided my Hellblasters, Desolators, and Infernus squads will be from 9th Company reserves.

Of course I have a list of what to get next, but it’ll have to wait awhile. Next wave will probably be:

Lion

Primaris Apothecary

Company Heroes

I’d love a new tank too, but can’t decide on which one. I might go Predator just to have it in my collection.

Great to see OG Azzy getting some love Brother! And that you're getting hobby time in. :thumbsup:

The bits you've painted over the lumps look like cloth anyway, so all good.

You may want to scrap or same the sword though, sharp swords are important, even with power fields. :cool:

I'd go Lion or Pred, can't wait to see whatever you decide. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Tankytanktanks are awesome, he's gonna look awesome in your collection. 

I'm really looking forward to the trifecta of Predator, Razorback, and Whirlwind in 4th company colors! The collecting side of me doesn't care at all that they will get the axe next edition. Having a magnetized Predator has been a dream of mine for 25 years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Next projects up, though I have quite a few unfinished. ;) Lion, Apothecary and Techmarine.  By my last count, I have about 3000 pts painted, and about the same unpainted, but primed and ready to go. I’m expecting the Deathwing Assault box in a week or so, too. It might be time for a spending moratorium - except the new Asmodai and Inner Circle models do look great. I am trying to find more painting time. I took a mental health day today to get these guys built and primed. The Lion model is easy to break down into subsections, but looks a pain to keep together for zenithal. My white spray had a bad nozzle, so I won’t be able to finish today anyway, just get the first layer done.

IMG_0193.jpeg

I am in love with that Lion model and can’t wait to paint it. It will be hard to do anything else, but I want to really take my time with it, and have some WIPs on my desk in front of it.

I did some rearranging of the model shelf for these new characters and left a little bit of room for DEATHWING ASSAULT! I have quite a lot of primed stuff, really wanting to be painted.

IMG_0198.jpeg

IMG_0197.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...