New Unit: Hounds of Morkai

MeatGrinder

No grab chutes?

Can they go in impulses or do they have some method of replying ahead of the main army?

Outflank from Grapnals and that looks to be it, which seems like a definite downgrade tbh. Also the Phobos 'run to Reserves' strat.

But at least they can hop very well! Probably heard too many sagas about wizards in towers...

Wait a minute, isn't the planet of sorcerers full of towers? Maybe thats the reasoning!:teehee:

Edited by StrangerOrders

If you face a non psyker army you use morkai reivers to deploy scramblers

Turn 1 your DZ

Turn 2 spend 1 CP and remove from the board

Turn 3 arrive via outflank and deploy another scrambler

You should complete the secondary objective at this point...if not then repeat if your morkai reiver is still alive

Trouble there is then why would I take them and not just take normal Reivers and retain flexibility (and Deep Strike) and more relevant skills to boot (since Hounds are somehow less scary)?

This would be plan B if you take as a psyker hunter unit

You take morkai reivers instead of regular reivers in case you hit a psyker

Anyone who heard “anti-psyker unit” and got excited is getting exactly what they deserve, haha.

But seriously, having access to the Terror Troops strat makes any unit with “REIVER” key word interesting. Depending on their points cost, it’s possible they might be worth including a single unit in a TAC list.

But at least they can hop very well! Probably heard too many sagas about wizards in towers...

Wait a minute, isn't the planet of sorcerers full of towers? Maybe thats the reasoning!:teehee:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you face a non psyker army you use morkai reivers to deploy scramblers

Turn 1 your DZ

Turn 2 spend 1 CP and remove from the board

Turn 3 arrive via outflank and deploy another scrambler

You should complete the secondary objective at this point...if not then repeat if your morkai reiver is still alive

Trouble there is then why would I take them and not just take normal Reivers and retain flexibility (and Deep Strike) and more relevant skills to boot (since Hounds are somehow less scary)?

This would be plan B if you take as a psyker hunter unit

You take morkai reivers instead of regular reivers in case you hit a psyker

Anyone who heard “anti-psyker unit” and got excited is getting exactly what they deserve, haha.

But seriously, having access to the Terror Troops strat makes any unit with “REIVER” key word interesting. Depending on their points cost, it’s possible they might be worth including a single unit in a TAC list.

This was my thinking, if they come in around the 90pt mark, theyre a useful unit to have up your sleeve against some armies with psykers, if not they can still do terror troop/scramblers, and if not, its not like its a huge chunk of points.

Well, I could take a unit on the cheap, but I would view them as a literal screen unit, because that's what their rules support. I wouldn't go out of my way to keep them alive, which has some use in and of itself.

Against psyker heavy armies like Tyranids, Daemons, Grey Knights, and of course 1k Sons, these guys will really shine with a Phobos Rune Priest supporting them with Shrouding. Entire units of Psykers like Rubrics and all GK squads are especially vulnerable to those D2 ap-2 pistols.

I was tihnking to put some in my army, well ragged collection of models with no idea of what direction I am going with them, but, overall I get the feeling that assault intercessors do it better.

The -1 on the ACS and the longer range the -1 on the pistol they use... Am I wrong in assuming this?

Do they cost the same as standard reivers?

Edited by Dantay VI

I was tihnking to put some in my army, well ragged collection of models with no idea of what direction I am going with them, but, overall I get the feeling that assault intercessors do it better.

The -1 on the ACS and the longer range the -1 on the pistol they use... Am I wrong in assuming this?

No points out yet but they are the same PL as reivers so I would guess the are within 10 points of reivers.

On the pistol you do get an extra AP so thats nice but on the whole I agree that Assault intercessors are better as a melee unit. If you have a psyker heavy meta, or the competitive meta has alot of psykers down the road, then the anti psyker nature of the unit might raise their value.

The -1 on the ACS and the longer range the -1 on the pistol they use... Am I wrong in assuming this?

Points are mentioned in the MWG review.

22pts/ model. 2 more than a Reiver with Grapnel iirc.