Wishlist for a supplement

Medjugorje

At the very least we can hope GW will give us a modified primaris unit ala SW hounds of morkai.

I have been thinking of supplement ideas I would be happy with:

Repulsor with 15 capacity,

BladeGuard sword brethren with old righteous zeal morale consolidate or vicious reposte/skillful parry,

Cp/points unit upgrade that forces unit into assault doctrine at all times.

Core units rolling for a vow at the start of each round, different angry modes instead of psychic

Curious to hear everyone else's ideas on what customized unit we could get.

We have a bit of a problem with Primaris as BT when it comes to fluff. Phobos Primaris fulfil the new 'scout' role, but they are full marines (relatively inexperienced but power armoured nevertheless). A mixed Intercessor/Phobos squad would look strange and not really summon the knight-squire vibe. And they are unlikely to let us mix Primaris with Scouts, which by now are a fairly aged sculpt. 

The only thing I can see happening is a nonstandard Intercessor squad (assault and regular). But even then I wouldn't be so sure given how non-customisable Primaris are as a range generally. 

Sword Brethren Bladeguard - maybe? But they've just released a Bladeguard kit. 

Hard to know what they can do tbh. Probably just a character and some rules...!

We have a bit of a problem with Primaris as BT when it comes to fluff. Phobos Primaris fulfil the new 'scout' role, but they are full marines (relatively inexperienced but power armoured nevertheless). A mixed Intercessor/Phobos squad would look strange and not really summon the knight-squire vibe. And they are unlikely to let us mix Primaris with Scouts, which by now are a fairly aged sculpt.

The only thing I can see happening is a nonstandard Intercessor squad (assault and regular). But even then I wouldn't be so sure given how non-customisable Primaris are as a range generally.

It's easy, Phobos crusader squads. Phobos marines, scouts and the ability to forward deploy.

It's easy, Phobos crusader squads. Phobos marines, scouts and the ability to forward deploy.

I'm not sure it's as easy as that. Phobos don't cover the whole knightly theme. What you've suggested is as close as we can get with the current range but it doesn't do the Crusader squad vibe justice imho.

Yeah, but I don't see it as a problem. The theme is being met narratively because they're taking their squires to war, visually, perhaps not, but considering some of the awesome Phobos conversions I've seen with full tabards, that's up to you.

Most of my BT old marines pre-date even the upgrade kit, 3rd edition style. So, I don't see the whole Tabard thing as an absolute necessity for a Templar. For me, what makes a crusader squad a crusader squad, is the two ranks of marines.

Ah ok I see what you mean, fair enough! Personally I'm less fussed about the tabards/modelling side (as you say, sculpts come and go!). I'm more concerned with the role that the Crusader squad plays. Two ranks yes, but the Initiates should be showing the Scouts how to be Initiates, not better Scouts. So a mixed Phobos/Scout unit doesn't fit for me. But maybe that's because I don't think Phobos fits BT generally, too subtle for my liking! :tongue.:

oh man.... Everything I hoped to be is in the dark angel supplement. -1 damage as WL-Trait and -1 damage as Relic.

Yeah, looking at all the new codices is making me very excited for all my armies to get theirs! (Black Templars, Thousand Sons, and Tau) The few games ive played in 9th have been super fun and for the most part down to the wire! Can’t wait for our supplement and all the other codices!

What do people hope our Super Doctrine does? I'm currently really liking the idea that it makes our characters better considering the ability is called Knights of Sigismund. Maybe it could double their benefit from combat doctrines. Or add 1 to the damage characteristic of melee weapons of Character units when the Assault Doctrine is active (Edit: scrap that idea, it's just the White Scars super doctrine but worse!)

Edited by Brother Sidonius

Our Super Doctrine could be really good if it worked against vehicles but even then it's just a random damage boost. I like the parry idea too but it seems limiting. I expect it wouldn't affect vehicles and I do like my armoured spearheads. Another idea is having it harken back to the 30K Templar Brethren and Suffer Not The Unclean to Live and give everyone +1 Strength on the charge

Edited by Brother Sidonius

Our Super Doctrine could be really good if it worked against vehicles but even then it's just a random damage boost. I like the parry idea too but it seems limiting. I expect it wouldn't affect vehicles and I do like my armoured spearheads. Another idea is having it harken back to the 30K Templar Brethren and Suffer Not The Unclean to Live and give everyone +1 Strength on the charge

+1S is not really much of a buff as the only attacks it will have any impact on are S4 combat knife and chainsword attacks against T4 opponents taking you from a 50% wound chance to a 67% wound chance. A flat +1 to wound would be better as it would impact more units.

The positive thing about the new Dark Angels and the Deathwatch rules is that it has shown a willingness to change up how the doctrines work. There is still the possibility that all the other chapter supplements will get a redo before the Templar over the course of 9th ed at which point the Templar could be back to scraping the bottom of the rules barrel like they were with Knights of Sigismund in 8th but an expanded design space for rules to be made in is a positive.