Grotsmasha

Back to the Blood Angels for me this month

For the Month of May I vow to complete:

5 Heavy Intercessors

1 Heavy Intercessor captain 

1 Primaris Librarian

1 Jump pack Chaplain

May

Also barring any unforeseen issues I should get my plodding along knight finished this weekend...

Nine minis left in the Sisters army set, I'm certain there would be far more left grey and unbuilt without this thread! Time to bring this project to completion!

I, Lienna, embark on the 12 Months of...

+++Error+++

01001000 01101001 01101010 01100001 01100011 01101011 01101001 01101110 01100111

Pledge status=1

Objective="awaken 5 Necron warriors"

Current status:

eA5ARO6.jpg

Target Month = "May"

+++Signal repaired+++

...squad by month's end.

April vow complete:

QaZ0DZe.jpg

Sorry the photography's not to my usual standard - I actually polished these guys off a few days back, and was hoping to finish a second squad of six by the end of the month, but between work pressures and a migraine, am a bit behind where I expected to be. Pretty photos to follow once both squads have been finished.

OK, let's dive in style.

I, DOGGED , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete a five strong squad of Sisters of Silence Prosecutors by month's end.

I also take the pledge, Plodding Along, to complete a Talons of the Emperor army by year's end. And not an one or two thousand points army but  one Ten Thousand points worth.

The Ten Thousand's Ten Thousand.

I'll make a tee out of this if I get thru. Even got the symbol (see in my sig below).

Been a mad three weeks - accepted an offer on my flat, and bought a proper house! Now I get to settle in and wait for the notoriously slow process of contracts to grind through in the UK.

So while I wait, carrying on with my goal of finishing off BSF -

I, Arkhanist, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete 4 wiggly bois and 2 rogue pskyers by month's end.

http://i.imgur.com/HBHQH1Mh.jpg

sidenote: whoever decided two 2mm bits of plastic chain close to the base was sufficient support for the floaty psykers as GAMING PIECES, I'd like to demonstrate the copious amounts of brass rod I had to drill and carve and ram in, up close and personal.

Edited by Arkhanist

I, Miek, for the month of May pledge to complete 5 space skaven plague monks (plaguebearers) by month's end (5 amongst those, haven't decided yet):

med_gallery_225534_16617_54320.jpg

Additionally, I pledge to complete my unit of 30 by the end of June (plodding along vow). One of them is already done (part of my April vow), so 29 remain to be based and painted:

med_gallery_225534_16617_654625.jpg

OK, let's dive in style.

I, DOGGED , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete a five strong squad of Sisters of Silence Prosecutors by month's end.

I also take the pledge, Plodding Along, to complete a Talons of the Emperor army by year's end. And not an one or two thousand points army but  one Ten Thousand points worth.

I'll make a tee out of this if I get thru. Even got the symbol (see in my sig below).

Welcome to the challenge DOGGED, and jumping with both feet too :tu:

Thought my vow was gonna be nice and relaxing, I just got to all the straps and extra equipment on the horses, now my brush feels like a paint roller. :facepalm: :wallbash:

Just realised these are the first actual horses I have painted in 30 years of gaming. Everything else was Skeleton horses or Bretonnians, who I dont count as the only horsey bits on them are a bit of leg and their nose. 

Thinking about it, I pledge to completely paint all the models from Blackstone Fortress as a Plodding Along vow. Hopefully it won't take me all year!

Complete:

7 Traitor Guard

To rebase:

4 Chaos Beastmen

4 Ur-Ghuls

4 Spindle Drones

To paint:

Obsidius Mallex, Chaos Lord & 2 Chaos Space Marines

4 Negavolt Cultists

2 Rogue Psykers

7 Traitor Guard

Janus Draik, Rogue Trader

Taddeus the Purifier, Ministorum Priest

Espern Locarno, Imperial Navigator

Pious Vorne, Missionary Zealot

UR-025, Imperial Robot

Dahyak Grekh, Kroot Tracker

Amallyn Shadowguide, Asuryani Ranger

the Ratling Twins, Rein and Raus

OK, let's dive in style.

Welcome to the challenge DOGGED, and jumping with both feet too :thumbsup:

Thank you!

Fact is this topic serves for me both as a reminder and an incentive to get through with painting the army alongside gaming it. I've been playing very few games for the last decade, and I envision this pledge and project as my comeback into the hobby.

So a big thank you for this initiative, it definitely helps carrying the project on.

Picked up a commission for two small forces, 26 Adepta Sororitas, and 36 Drukhari....in a month :wacko.:

So for May, I pledge to the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, 10 Battle Sisters, 5 Seraphim, 5 Celestians, 5 Retributors, 1 Cannoness Veridyan, 30 Wyches, 4 Lhamaens, 1 Succubus, 1 Raider.

Waiting for some of the items in the post, but am going to get started on the 20 Battle Sisters.

Picked up a commission for two small forces, 26 Adepta Sororitas, and 36 Drukhari....in a month :wacko.:

So for May, I pledge to the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, 10 Battle Sisters, 5 Seraphim, 5 Celestians, 5 Retributors, 1 Cannoness Veridyan, 30 Wyches, 4 Lhamaens, 1 Succubus, 1 Raider.

Waiting for some of the items in the post, but am going to get started on the 20 Battle Sisters.

:eek: 

That's a big commitment!

:ohmy.:

That's a big commitment!

:ohmy.:

They've chosen a bare-bones table top quality, so it's barely more than base colours, wash, single layer, then base, there's a 10% bonus in it if I finish on time, so I'm pretty motivated

Edited by Grotsmasha