=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

I may be a touch excited for this one! I've been waiting to feel confident enough to start on this centerpiece model and I finally feel I'm there.

I, Lienna, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and for the month of Julu pledge to complete an Adepta Sororitas Exorcist by month's end.

OPuiaao.jpg

In other pledge news, I completed my plodding along pledge for the first half of the year, so it's time to do one for the second half. For that I'm pledging to clear my SoB pile of shame! I got a great deal on ebay for essentially two of every wave 1 SoB kit, I then sold one of each making far more than half the money back! But that does mean I've had a cupboard filled with more unpainted minis than I'd like. To complete these this year I'd have to double my painting speed compared to the first half of the year!

I, Lienna, pledge a 'plodding along' pledge to clear my cupboard of shame. I will paint 1 exorcist, 1 rhino, 1 immolator, 2 penitent engines, 1 retributor squad, 1 repentia squad, 1 seraphim squad, 1 battle sister squad, 1 imagifier and Saint Celestine by years end.

lj84xUF.jpg

Wish me luck!

Ok, so how did I do with the second round of the Drukhari, and Sisters commission for this month?

A reminder of what was included; Saint Celestine, 2 Gemini Superiors, 1 Dialogus, 5 Seraphim, 1 Immolator, Lilith Hesperax, Drazhar, 5 Incubi, 1 Venom, and 2 Raiders.

For the Sisters, I have completed Celestine and the Immolator, with the Dialogus set to be finished tomorrow, and the Gemini Superiors and Seraphim on Saturday or Sunday.

gallery_48988_16869_29346.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_57465.jpg

For the Drukhari, I've completed Lilith, Drazhar, the Incubi and the Vyper, leaving the two Raiders and their crew, unfortunately, they aren't even completely assembled :pinch:

gallery_48988_16869_10731.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_113607.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_58510.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_156945.jpg

July

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of July pledge to complete 1x Tarantula and 1x Razorback by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_60532.jpg

To do:

• Razorback to be fixed, blinged, magnetised options
  • Razorback to painted to completion
  • Tarantula to be built and painted

Again, I may add to this later but July is looking busy too.

So I finished the test Termagants for A Bug’s Life, and am therefore striving to do some more Treeranids this month.

Ok, test Termagant are done, sans basing (as previously mentioned) as I will do that once the army is done. I did give the base a quick bad go over in caliban green, more to see how the various test schemes look with a non white base.

First a test of the light half of the colour scheme.

From left to right, Agrax, Seraphim Sepia, Skeleton Horde Contrast and Aggaros Dunes contrast.

gallery_29932_13875_76901.jpg

And now the finished test. Wyldwood contrast for the dark wood, followed by a drybrush of Zandry Dust. Then foliage in caliban and warpstone glow, though I may switch this up to a contrast green or other greens, they were just first to hand.

I did try a autumn leaf effect but did not like it and reprimand over it, might try again on some of the newer models later.

Lastly eyes, mouths and energy bits on weapons where silvered followed by Magos Purple Contrast. The two critters where also silvered, with Black Templar Contrast for carapace, and then various contrast for other details.

gallery_29932_13875_43053.jpg

And a Close up and side view.

gallery_29932_13875_59169.jpg

In addition to the trees I will also be vowing 4 Kroot for my necramunda gang (using Venator rules).

I, Troakir, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of July pledge to complete 4 Kroot models and some number of Treeranids by month's end.

Kroot:

gallery_29932_13461_55926.jpg

Treeranids

They look great - are you happy with how they came out, after the concern, or is there anything you want to tweak?

I’d settle for content, they are not quite how I wanted them to come out, but for cannon fodder it will do. I also now have a better idea of what I can do with the contrast for wood effect, and hopefully on the newer models it will work better.

So for July I am raising the stakes perilously high, time wise, and do four warriors (three with Devourers and one with a Venom Cannon) and five Genestealers.

gallery_29932_13875_57100.jpg

Thanks, built an entire army in about 5 week after the Kurnoth Hunters come out at the beginning of AoS. Had been toying with ideas to convert the Dryads and Treemen I had into 40k for a while, was leaning slanneshi demons. But when the new stuff sylvaneth came out tyranids seemed like the perfect fit. Finally getting round to painting them.

So, big plans led to big disappointment.... Though for once not entirely my fault. Recent events have meant my small amount of weekend free time has been taken up playing taxi to my kids and I then made the mistake of doing the metallic first rather then the white on my outriders and that just about scuppered the ship...

In the end I got my four Rievers and one outrider done. Will get pics up of them tomorrow. A big down for what started a good run.

But who am I not to not over commit once again. For the month of July I vow to complete (in part for the Bugs Life Challenge)

1 Tyranid Prime/Warrior

6x Genestealers

30x Hormagaunts

6x Sporemines

1x Carnifex

30 Power in 30 Days, Mk II...

EDIT: And the Before Pic gallery_36568_16061_45080.jpg

Edited by Brother Argent

So apparently my Deathwing Champion decided to jump the painting/stripping queue, just in time for July's admission! Not sure why, but I don't feel satisfied with him..even though I don't see anything wrong with the paintjob per se. Maybe because the previous Bladeguard Veterans that turned out really good, (and even though this paintjob is good, it doesn't compare), perhaps that's why? Not sure. Next up, it will be the Interrogator-Chaplain.. hopefully the parts arrive tomorrow.

EDIT: Just had a closer look, and it's the other paints that were in hard to reach places, that the eye wouldn't detect.. back to fixing that up I suppose.

Deathwing Champion!

ytSu4lP.jpg
FGRRATh.jpg
sWsNaIL.jpg
UuPpU3U.jpg
K8dZJnE.jpg
Edited by Skywrath

Sadly, June was a wash for me, as June was basically my father, uncle and other uncle redoing the second floor of the house (I'm in the attic) which basically ruined my ability to do painting because no power for about six days on and off, and the constant construction work. Which, combined with how stressful my job has been for the last few months as well as lack of being able to get any games in, has sapped any and all motivation I've had to paint any of my 40k models (I was able to get some of my AoS Soulblight Gravelords done, but those aren't allowed here :whistling:).

As of right now, I'm not even sure if I'll be up to do a vow for July either.

Edited by Gederas

I, Cleon, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of July pledge to complete a Spectrus Kill team and Watchmaster of the Deathwatch by months end

july

I enjoyed playing with the spare Eliminator bits to bulild Deatwatch snipers after using the actual eliminator models with las for my blod angels, although I haven't painted them either...

I, Lord_Ikka, vow to completely paint 2 Canoptek Spyders, 5 Deathmarks, and 11 Canoptek Scarab bases for the month of July. 

Still have the same pic from last month that has all of these in it- I'll post a WIP when I get them airbrushed steel.

sIGHrtQ.jpeg

Turns out the month your new boss decides to ram through a 'I want to impress the big boss' project - doubling your team's workload, doing nothing but slow everyone down with constant drop-in meetings interupting everyone, and making us spend money we had allocated for something else more important, and then take smugly all the credit when you exhaustedly drag it over the line - isn't a great one for getting much model painting done.

So for June all I have is adding to my 'plodding along' alas. I present 4 new bases, with BSF beastmen updated a bit and attached.

http://i.imgur.com/xQVXL8Fh.jpg

July. I'll finish the chaos marines in July.

Edited by Arkhanist

Well, I got a good chunk of the Triumph done but decent painting time has been hard to come by this past month, so it's going to have to run over in to July.

Just remember a single model, or base counts, so if one of those Sisters, or the base is complete, posting it will earn the Completion :tu: