=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

I have most of my vow for may finished I’m just waiting to take pictures. I had a family emergency and had to go check on my brother in the hospital and then pick up my parents from the airport and take them back to his house. Everything is ok it just threw a wrench into my plans for the day. I’ll update once I finally make it home tonight!!

May vow complete 1 10 man iron havoc squad with volkite

gallery_95258_15280_280141.jpeg

For June I vow to complete the 2 vindicators vowed for may and to finish the 10 man assault squad also vowed for may

As an aside my brother came out of surgery ok and I got his house in order for the parents to stay at until he is discharged from the hospital. He has one more surgery scheduled for tomorrow but hopefully he will be able to go home next week. Thank you grotsmasha I am optimistic everything will go the way it is supposed to

Edited by Skidman

I have most of my vow for may finished I’m just waiting to take pictures. I had a family emergency and had to go check on my brother in the hospital and then pick up my parents from the airport and take them back to his house. Everything is ok it just threw a wrench into my plans for the day. I’ll update once I finally make it home tonight!!

All good :tu:

I hope everyone is ok

Still working on my 40k Skaven army, but not so much in my plodding along vow. Here goes:

I, Miek, for the month of June pledge to complete 5 rat swarms (count as nurglings) and 3 plague monks (count as plaguebearers) by month's end.

P.s.: Most rats are still on their "sprues".

med_gallery_225534_16617_1060725.jpg

For this month I vow the following:

Dark Angels

1. Asmodai (he's nearly done, just need shading) and basing. 

2. 3 Bladeguard Veterans (converted) - getting them on Monday. 

3. Belial - half painted. 

Assuming the condition discussed in PM's is met, I'm tentatively vowing an Interrogator-Chaplain in Terminator Armor, if the above three are somehow done for this month. 

I've ended up pulling a "Double Stubborn" - the batch Terminators I vowed back in April are oh so close to being finished at last - all the assault ones done, two squads of standard ones also - just a few spare one to finish and then I'll finally be able to put the project to bed!

"This is a worthy day, brothers! A sword in your hand and an enemy to fight! This is our duty, our joy and our path to glory! Muster your fury - Let the Hawks Fly!" - Chaplain Ferredun of the White Hawks, M41.009

It's that time again, brothers. A new month, a new model!

I, Ace Debonair, hereby embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of June, I pledge to complete One (1) Assault Intercessor of the White Hawks Chapter by month's end!

gallery_46204_9220_116360.jpg

Forgive the dark picture - I'm painting the one currently in bits, not the fully assembled chap on the right-hand side. :sweat:

Chainswords are addictive, it's high time I painted another. :laugh.:

Finally got that WIP of the Archaeopter, got the engines done, just a little more gap filling and some sub-assembly and it's ready for primer/painting.

So to explain I don't dig the flappy designs so replaced it with something more 'modern'.

20210607 211458

My only regret is that I didn't mag the doors. 

While looking through the thread to see what everybody else was doing I realized I had not actually vowed yet. So here goes nothing.  

I, Troakir, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete 5 Corps Grinder Cult model  by month's end.

Starting picture from last month, one big guy and four juves where completed last month, the rest will be done this month.

DSCF0032.JPG

June

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete 1x Imperial Jetbike and 1x Razorback by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_119138.jpeg

To do:

• Jetbike needs fixing and touching up in it's current setup
  • Jetbike requires the extra parts to enable it to be run as a regular Imperial Jetbike Marine in 30k (rider not shown, but arm is. Will be magnetised)
  • Razorback needs fixing, filling, extras adding
  • Razorback needs the red and metal to be re-done (streaky), and then onwards to completion (so, detail and highlights, etc)

I *may* add to this later, but June is looking busy irl so...

Looking through the thread for the last few pages, there's some amazing models being built and painted here, brothers. Your efforts do [insert 40K-relevant Deity/Deities for your faction of choice] proud! :biggrin.:

Additionally; VOW COMPLETE!

"When asked how they continue to fight after suffering horrific wounds, the Space Marine told me 'No matter how deep you drink of the cup of Glory, you can never truly quench your thirst for it.' From his tone, I cannot determine if he was proud or ashamed of the fact." - Notes by Acolyte Tremaine, assistant to Inquisitor Ping, M41.047

gallery_46204_9220_1952.jpg

That white band on his shoulder pad is actually bone-coloured in reality, I'm not sure why it looks so washed out. I may have to redo that. :sweat:

Some more pics in the spoiler below!

Side shot: I didn't actually get one of his dragon-scale shoulder pad that was actually in focus, but it's the same colours as I used for the last marine's shoulder, pale blue and bright orange. It's yet another Monster Hunter shout-out, Lagiacrus is one of my favourites. :happy.:
gallery_46204_9220_85681.jpg
Back shot; I'm very happy to have settled on a badge for the Hawks. It only took what, fifteen years? It makes such a difference, even if it's a really simplistic design.
gallery_46204_9220_31671.jpg
White Hawk Assault Intercessors leading the charge:
gallery_46204_9220_36051.jpg

That white band on his shoulder pad is actually bone-coloured in reality, I'm not sure why it looks so washed out. I may have to redo that. :sweat:

He looks great!

Regarding the washed out bone color, camera flash really makes getting a good pic difficult. As you noticed, one tends to get washed out colors and blown highlights in the front, and overly deep shadows in the back. It's better to turn off the flash and stabilize the camera, or add light from lamps.

Finished my Chronomancer, but I'll wait to put up pics until everything is done this month. On that note, I'll add-on another part to my vow, 5 Necron Immortals. So for this month, I've vowed 1 Chronomancer, 1 Chief Librarian Tigurius, and 5 Immortals (mid-right in the below pic).

sIGHrtQ.jpg

I'm being cautious this month, as there's potentially a whole lot of real life happening in the coming weeks, but I'm determined to get something painted, so I'm going with a hypermorph - he'll complete my second squad of aberrants.

hypermorph

I, Rogue, commit to completing at least this hypermorph by the end of June.

OK so here we go...

I TBD pledge to make and paint a Chaos Type person for the month of June....

IMG-20210525-222443.jpg

Start with a Norse figure bought off ebay.... nice model as is, but Im stupid so I started flinging Modelling putty and bitz at it...

IMG-20210528-110513.jpg

Got some paint on it over the weekend...

Uraka the Warfiend (forgeworld khorne daemon prince) and herald, as well as Karanak and 5 flesh hounds finished!**
https://flic.kr/p/2m4XNDs
Next vow is Skarbrand, a bloodthirster, Ghazkull and Makari!
https://flic.kr/p/2m53bER
https://flic.kr/p/2m51J5H

EDIT: TEST

51240665468_1559a2128a_k.jpg20210611_135935 by PissedOffNerd, on Flickr

51241520005_ebdc1c45f6_k.jpg20210610_085253 by PissedOffNerd, on Flickr

51241235449_87f4adf39c_k.jpg20210611_081807 by PissedOffNerd, on Flickr

Edited by Grotsmasha

Just a quick addendum - seeing how the bits of the IC in Terminator Armor are going to take a while to arrive, I'm scratching him from the vow, not that I vowed him officially to begin with. 

Sorry, The_Chaplain, I can’t see them past a wall of Flickr cookie consent pop up ... we can’t persuade you to post so the pictures are embedded here?

I cant ever get the gallery to work on here- its always borked for me. Ill take some shots of their wips and post on instagram?